Lyricist Available...

Organize yourselfs.
Chiska
A New Player

Lyricist Available...

Post by Chiska »

I offer pre-penned lyrics but write to existing compositions as well...
Many different musical styles and various languages...

Samples of my previous work can be found at:

http://franzisca.freeservers.com

I am always looking for dedicated collaborators...composers, artists
and music labels...whoever likes my work and is interested in creating
something...

I also have songs which are just waiting to be placed...if you are an artist
and you are looking for a song, feel free to check out my webpage as
well...most songs under the link music - demos - are still waiting to be
placed...so maybe you will find something there which is to your liking...

One day I also hope to be able to write for a musical and/or opera...if
you happen to be working on something like that I'd definitely would be
interested in discussing this opportunity with you...

Just get in touch...
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

i love how all first-time posters are called "a new player" -- it makes anything, no matter how innocuous, look suspect.

sooo.... when you say "The split is 50/50 share of profits with the ultimate goal to get a publishing contract." does this take into account that a 50/50 split of 0 results in 0?
Chiska
A New Player

Profit share...

Post by Chiska »

One cannot speak of profit if there is no earning...0...

50/50 split of profit...once it pays...no one knows when this will be the case...but I am certainly looking for people who want to have it released and published...

Obviously if more than two people are involved the split of profit would change again and would have to be discussed...

50/50 is anyway the normal standard in the music industry...if nobody says anything it is just assumed that it is like that...but I rather spell things out...
WeaselSlayer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Guitar, keyboard
Recording Method: Garageband, laptop mic
Submitting as: Luke Henley

Post by WeaselSlayer »

Yeah, his point is that nobody is making money off of the music we do here. Also, if I may point out, few real artists are on the lookout for other people's work to use. I'm pretty sure there's little artistry in that. Also, we're not idiots so please don't talk like we are. As if the music industry is this big golden mystery and you're so blessed with the knowledge of its intimate workings such as how to split a profit. And really, just... don't come here and waste our time with advertisements, please. You may notice the lack of banner ads and pop-ups here. There's a reason for that.
Denyer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Dunlop KT-26
Submitting as: Ross Durand

Post by Denyer »

do you have any songs about rape?
Niveous wrote:It's a song about your dick and there's just not enough material to satisfy.
Chiska
A New Player

It Always Depends...

Post by Chiska »

Hi WeaselSlayer...

Always depends...there is this and that...

I am not saying anyone is an idiot out here...I just simply answered the question which was asked...

True, that it is better when the artists themselves write their songs...lyrics, etc...It is more personal and fits perfect...but many times this is not the case...not every great vocalist is also a writer...

Why does for example a great artist like Elton John need an Tim Rice and Bernie Taupin? There are many top artists who use other people's lyrics, songs...Or the songs Dianne Warre wrote...like "Because You Loved Me" (Celine Dion), "Can' Fight The Moonlight" (Leann Rimes), "Could I Have This Kiss Forever" (Whitney Houston & Enrique Iglesias), "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" (Aerosmith), "I Turn To You" (Christina Aguilera)...all Top 10 Hits...sung by great artists...but not written by them...

There are many samples of artists using other people's music and lyrics...but you know lyricists and composers are not really the ones who get noted for it...one only recalls the artists...at least most of the time...very few people do actually look who wrote the songs...

There is no rule to that...no limit...

I am not looking for advertisement here...I am doing it like everyone else...looking for collaboration here...should it not be equal? It should not make a difference if a composer seeks a lyricist or if a lyricist looks for a composer...or if a vocalist looks for a song...or if a writer offers songs...it is all collaboration...creating music together...helping each other in the business...

If you do not wish to collaborate and write all by yourself to make it real personal...do it...that is great...but not everyone is able to do that and wants to do that...not every composer is also a writer...and not every writer is also a composer...that is where we come together to create something in a collaborative effort...

--------------------------------------------

Hi Denyer

No, I do not have a song about rape at that point...Sorry...
Denyer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Dunlop KT-26
Submitting as: Ross Durand

Post by Denyer »

I don't think anyone on this site cares about getting into the bidness.
Niveous wrote:It's a song about your dick and there's just not enough material to satisfy.
Egg
Mean Street
Instruments: whistles and egg shakers
Recording Method: Cakewalk, Cubase, Audacity, Garageband
Submitting as: Phunt Your Friends

Re: It Always Depends...

Post by Egg »

Chiska wrote:
...there is this and that...

True, that it is better when the artists themselves write their songs...lyrics, etc...

It fits perfect...

There are many samples of artists using other people's music and lyrics...

No, I do not have a song about rape at that point...Sorry...

I'm looking for a writer. Do you know anybody who knows how to use English properly? I'd also like somebody who doesn't use ellipses every twelve words. Also, it would be nice if they used message boards like this one to talk about SongFight collaborations and refrain from including provisions about how they'll split the profit by the industry standard.
glug glug glug egg makes wine. You can make wine too.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

The last time I wrote a song with Dianne Warren we split it 60/40
king_arthur
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar, vocals, bass, BIAB, keyboards (synth anything)
Recording Method: Tascam DP-24SD
Submitting as: King Arthur
Pronouns: he/him

Post by king_arthur »

WeaselSlayer wrote:Also, if I may point out, few real artists are on the lookout for other people's work to use. I'm pretty sure there's little artistry in that.
Well, the whole country music industry still offers opportunities for songwriters, as does the Christian "praise and worship" field (and a couple things on Chiska's website suggest this might be an option). And however much I may cringe when I hear some of the song choices, I think "American Idol" is giving new life to the idea of the performer who does (some) songs by other artists. Songfight! is a lot closer to the rock / indie model of things, where, yeah, "write and perform your own stuff" is the norm.

And there are some of us here who would be interested in a serious shot at getting into the music industry. While Chiska might have made a better first impression by showing more awareness of what songfight is about and offering to collaborate on some of what we do, this is not an unreasonable place to come looking for somebody who can write quickly under pressure and produce reasonable demos, who understands collaborating via the internet, and some of the other things that would be assets in making it in the music biz. And, based on what's on Franzisca's webpage, he's managed to have some successes in his own country, more than a lot of us here have had in ours.

A little look at Chiska's page indicates his main language is German, so give him a little break on the language, okay? When someone gives me lyrics to set to music, I like to have the freedom to polish things up a little here and there; I'd just considerr that part of my contribution to the collaboration.

All that said... Franzisca, I took a look at some of the "lyrics in progress" on your site and didn't see anything that inspired me right off, but if you'd like to write some lyrics for one of next week's songfight titles and PM them to me, I'd be willing to see what I can put together. You won't make any money 'round here, but if you'd like to try participating in what we do here, you may find some people who are interested in participating in what you do...

Charles (KA)
"...one does not write in dactylic hexameter purely by accident..." - poetic designs
thehipcola
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: The things what make sounds.
Recording Method: LA610mk2 into UAD Apollo 8p into Cubase/LUNA/Reaper/Ableton/Reason/Maschine
Submitting as: thehipcolaredcargertFlamingTigershotpounderOGLawnDartsFussyBritchesGapingMaw

Post by thehipcola »

I agree Charles....

I fail to see what the problem with trying to gain exposure and/or success in the music biz is? And what excactly is wrong coming to a site like SONG FIGHT! looking for people who may be looking for someone to work with? As Charles pointed out, there are at least a few people around here who'd be interested in taking their music beyond SF! Just because you aren't among them, don't shit on the idea... Was the fact that this person mentioned the evil word "profit" on their site? Get over it...it seems pretty smart to me to at least begin addressing something like that up front, should it ever need to be addressed, especially if your goal is to make a career out of songwriting/collaboration. Collaborations are alive and well in all genres of music...

Lyric writing is my worst enemy, and though there wasn't much on the site that I found compelling, I did check it out..just in case.

Good luck Chiska!

Geezzz....
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

king_arthur wrote:Chiska might have made a better first impression by showing more awareness of what songfight is about and offering to collaborate on some of what we do ........

...... if you'd like to write some lyrics for one of next week's songfight titles ...... You won't make any money 'round here, but if you'd like to try participating in what we do here, you may find some people who are interested in participating in what you do...
excellent points, all. what i was initially trying to point out is pretty much that. everything here is free and based around the main songfight competition -- all subsidiary activities (coverfights, sidefights, livefights, etc etc) are offshoots from the core activity which is the songfight.

there *are* some people here recording professionally, and distributing cds and stuff, and certainly you may hook up with somebody looking to collaboate on a project. but the fact remains that this is a closeknit community forum centered around a specific activity, not the internet musician yellow pages. chiska, don't take any negativity personally, but as stated by king arthur, you are much less likely to encounter any (negativity) if you get involved in what's actually happening here, and try to build your professional relationships from there.
Egg
Mean Street
Instruments: whistles and egg shakers
Recording Method: Cakewalk, Cubase, Audacity, Garageband
Submitting as: Phunt Your Friends

Post by Egg »

tviyh wrote:
excellent points, all.

this is not the internet musician yellow pages.

That's really all I mind too. Something in Chiska's tone (the inclusion of profit distribution as a result of collaborations, the matter-of-fact attitude concerning how things are done in the music industry, and even the helpful I-can-teach-you nuances in the language) combined with the fact that Chiska hasn't apparently taken part in songfight before to rub me the wrong way. I guess I might be in the minority with the interpretation that Chiska is advertising as a lyricist for the world outside of songfight, in which case I might just recommend myvirtualband.com where you can join a message board full of lyricists looking for other artists.
glug glug glug egg makes wine. You can make wine too.