Mix Templates for Cubase or ProTools

Ask questions and get answers about how to make music in any particular way. Hardware or songwriting or whatever.
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff
Pronouns: he/him

Mix Templates for Cubase or ProTools

Post by ken »

Would you rather someone else do all the work for you? Are you unable to get your mixes going? Try purchasing these mix templates instead!!!

http://www.studiomixpro.com/

1. Download: Chose the template file that best fits your style or genre and download it to your computer.
2. Import: Drag your recorded files (or use the 'import audio files' function) to the relevant channels in the project file.
3. Listen: Listen and enjoy the great result. Now you have a professional mix that you can personalize and customize.
4. Personalize: Personalize your mix and make it yours! everything is adjustable, simply add, delete, duplicate or modify.
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
josh
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Kazoo, Vocals, Keys
Recording Method: Reaper, 4-Track Cassette
Submitting as: Zack Facco

Re: Mix Templates for Cubase or ProTools

Post by josh »

Have you tried this? Or is this your company?
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band
Pronouns: he/him

Post by jb »

He's Ken. This site's by guys named Ron and Benua. http://www.studiomixpro.com/#!about/cm8i

If anyone is wondering, what I *think* they're doing is creating a template (for Cubase or Protools only) that sets up commonly used tracks complete with what they think is the best set of EQ, panning, compression, and other stuff.

I use Logic Pro, and would imagine it being similar to what happens when I choose the "Songwriter" template (for example) when opening a new project. Below is a screenshot of a brand new project, and I haven't added or touched anything.

Notice that there are already plugins added to tracks, and the tiny EQ windows show that there is already some shaping done. Also, some items are sent to busses. There's no panning in the template however, nor any levels, which I would think might be something cool a template like this could do-- even given that there's no way to anticipate the levels of tracks. It could simply be a guide, perhaps, to what the relative levels should be for a good mix.

JB
screenshot of brand new Logic Pro X with songwriter template
screenshot of brand new Logic Pro X with songwriter template
Untitled_-_Mixer__Tracks.png (458.99 KiB) Viewed 2682 times
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

Logic also comes with a bunch of final mastering strips that you can apply to any existing project, which is what I do. I usually use the "broadcast ready" preset and then tune the AdLimit and ChanEQ. This is probably why my mixes suck.

You access mastering presets by clicking on the channel strip menu on the "output" track - it's the upper-rightmost button that currently reads "Setting" on that screenshot.