Porcupine Tree

Talk about how awesome the new _______ album is.
Reist
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Drums, Guitar
Recording Method: Yamaha AW1600, Reaper
Submitting as: Therman

Porcupine Tree

Post by Reist »

Their sound is so varied and interesting. Gavin Harrison is also a beast on the drums, and their new album (fear of a blank planet) is just great. Even though they're kind of known as an 'up and coming' prog band, their sound is pretty mature already, and Steven Wilson can write some great tunes. Anybody else like these guys?
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

Yeah, I love Porcupine Tree and have since I did the prog rock radio show ("Sleepless", you can look it up) and they had "The Sky Moves Sideways" out. I have not heard the new one yet but having just realized it was out I should get it. They also do a great live show.

Have you heard the other bands, including No-Man? I like that a lot too.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
thehipcola
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: The things what make sounds.
Recording Method: LA610mk2 into UAD Apollo 8p into Cubase/LUNA/Reaper/Ableton/Reason/Maschine
Submitting as: thehipcolaredcargertFlamingTigershotpounderOGLawnDartsFussyBritchesGapingMaw

Post by thehipcola »

I really like PT. I just caught a viewing of their Arriving Somewhere DVD....and it totally rocks. Gavin is a machine...and Steve Wilson is a great front man. In Absentia is my favourite, although FoaBP is working on it.
Märk
Jump
Instruments: Guitar, bass
Recording Method: Presonus Audiobox 44VSL, Cubase
Submitting as: ROTR, svenmullet, I forget what else
Pronouns: master

Post by Märk »

Totally reminds me of Built to spill! Do they have neckbeards?
* this is not a disclaimer
Reist
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Drums, Guitar
Recording Method: Yamaha AW1600, Reaper
Submitting as: Therman

Post by Reist »

thehipcola wrote:I really like PT. I just caught a viewing of their Arriving Somewhere DVD....and it totally rocks. Gavin is a machine...and Steve Wilson is a great front man. In Absentia is my favourite, although FoaBP is working on it.
I haven't had the chance to get into In Absentia yet, but apparently it's one of the best produced albums of all time. However, I can't back that up since I haven't listened to any of it yet. Fear of a Blank Planet (the track) is just great for me right now. Really good song, about rotton emo kids. :mrgreen: