Porcupine Tree gig

Talk about how awesome the new _______ album is.
PlainSongs
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Submitting as: Plain Songs for Doves & Tigers, Nu igen!

Porcupine Tree gig

Post by PlainSongs »

HeuristicsInc wrote:porcupine tree are awesome! i was listening to them just yesterday. they put on a heck of a live show.
-bill
Dude, I owe you one for causing me to attend their concert yesterday. They were *out of this world*. Amazing. Triple delightful.

2 hours of skill and intensity. They played a lot from "Fear of a Blank Planet" with some heavy hits ("Halo", "Open Car"...) in between. The public were all over the age range, teens to 50-somethings. Most of them damn mesmerized, it seemed.

As the albums are heavy on studio production, I wasn't sure the live gig would match them; proven wrong. I'm guessing lots of practice, a drive to get their point across, and some genius. And occasional decibel and light attacks.

Still giddy :)

PlainSongs
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

Awesome, now that was some good timing to suggest a live show right before they toured your area. That said, unfortunately I missed them this time, they were here back in October. Maybe next time!
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
Reist
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Drums, Guitar
Recording Method: Yamaha AW1600, Reaper
Submitting as: Therman

Post by Reist »

I wish they'd come to Calgary. FoABP is a great album, but I'd still say Deadwing's my favorite. I still need to hear In Absentia though ... and the countless other cds they've done.

Did Steven Wilson still look creepy? I saw a DVD of them once, and in one of the songs (I think it was Open Car), the band did some pretty heavy shots, and SW looked possessed. :twisted:
PlainSongs
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Submitting as: Plain Songs for Doves & Tigers, Nu igen!

Post by PlainSongs »

I forget what he said their touring plans were. Not UK soon. Calgary I hope for you! Or pop over to Finland tomorrow.

Steven Wilson didn't strike me as creepy so much as a bit severe. He did made a joke or two though, and relayed how one of the local football teams was doing (not well, I'm afraid :)

Deadwing is how I discovered PT... with popping incredulous ears. It remains my favourite too.

There were also songs from In Absentia and Stupid Dream which are excellent, and a few I hadn't heard, like Hatesong from Lightbulb Sun. This was the start of the long encore!
by Plain Songs for Doves & Tigers