"Suntory Time", the FAWM 2011 album by Zinkline

Talk about how awesome the new _______ album is.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

"Suntory Time", the FAWM 2011 album by Zinkline

Post by Lunkhead »

I'm proud to announce the release of "Suntory Time", the album written for February Album Writing Month 2011 by Zinkline. (Zinkline is the Berkeley Social Scene plus Niveous.) Every year we pick a theme for FAWM and in 2011 all the songs were inspired by the films of Bill Murray. The whole 14 song album is available for free or whatever you're willing to donate to our rent/beer fund. Go check it out, I think we have a pretty great set of songs.

http://berkeleysocialscene.bandcamp.com/
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Re: "Suntory Time", the FAWM 2011 album by Zinkline

Post by Lunkhead »

I just wanted to reiterate that I personally feel like these songs are quite good, maybe a step or two up from our usual Song Fight! entries. Using Bill Murray films for inspiration lead to some good lyrics by Niveous and Ken and other lyrical contributors. I especially like the songs that expound upon brief roles, like "Pleasure of Pain", about Murray's masochist dental patient in "Little Shop of Horrors", and "The Businessman", about Murray's cameo at the beginning of "The Darjeeling Limited". A lot of these songs are real rockers, and we also have some different instrument flavors in some of them, including accordion, violin, cello, trombone, and trumpet, courtesy of some extended and new members of the Social Scene. It'd be great to get some feedback.