Cover Art for Fights

Announcements of changes or happenings in the Song Fight universe.
Spud
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, eHorn
Submitting as: Octothorpe

Cover Art for Fights

Post by Spud »

PLEASE SEE THE REPLY POST BELOW FOR COVER ART DETAILS CIRCA 2019+.

THE INFORMATION IN THIS FIRST POST IS OUTDATED AND IS HERE PURELY FOR HISTORICAL RECORDS

As you may have noticed, there is currently art for each and every SongFight! This means that we currently have a need for four artists each this week. At this time, our artist-in-residence <a href="http://homepage.mac.com/bortwein/tv/">bortwein</a> is taking care of the yellow fight for us. This leaves the cyan, magenta, and black fights open for submissions.

Potential Cover Art must be submitted in all sizes required for implementation. Front page art (150x150 pixels) is typically a reduced version of the Full Sized Art (400x400 pixels), but not always. It can be a cropped version, a simplified version, or even a different, related image. The Archive Art (100x100 pixels) should be a reduced version of the Front Page art.

All images must be .jpg format, in the specified pixel dimensions

Submit your proposed cover art <a href="http://www.songfight.org/submitcover.php">here</a>, after first obtaining a user name and password. Send your request to songnews@songfight.org. Be sure to tell us who you are, and if we haven't heard of you before, you might want to link us to some some samples of your work.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Cover Art for Fights

Post by Lunkhead »

Hello!

As of several years ago we switched back to just having one fight at a time. Each and every SongFight! still must have art though and art still comes from you, the community! This means that we currently need artists to submit art for each fight. We don't have an official artist-in-residence at this time so all fights are open for cover art submissions

If you'd like to submit cover art for consideration, please email the Fightmasters at fightmaster@songfight.org to let us know. Include some information about yourself, like possibly a link to some samples of your work. We'll set up a username and password for you that you can use specifically for submitting art. (This is a different username and password than your username and password for these boards, it's ONLY for the art archive.) Submit your proposed cover art here by logging in with the username and password we provide.

Art must be submitted as three .jpg files in ALL the following sizes:
  • 400x400 pixels full sized art for the archive page for the fight (example)
  • 150x150 pixels songfight.org front page art (example)
    • this can be a resized and/or cropped and/or modified image that must at least be related to the full sized art
  • 100x100 pixels archive list view art (example)
Thank you!
crumpart
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Fuzz
Submitting as: Hot Pink Halo
Pronouns: She/her

Post by crumpart »

As much as I’ve enjoyed seeing my own covers these past bunch of fights, I too would like more people to enter artfight! You can do it everyone, I believe in you!
Devil’s got me Lindt! Devil’s got me Lindt!
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Lunkhead »

Hey folks! The Songfight Coverbot appears to be under some construction, and our super awesome ever reliable other art contributor PFJr is on a hiatus. Also I'm not good at always remembering to prompt the recently active AI art generating person to make art. We could really use some fresh blood making art for the fights these days. I can't promise every cover everyone submits will get used but I can promise they will all be greatly appreciated. I am biased toward selecting completely human made art that is significantly different in style from the normal Songfight Coverbot art style (a "related" royalty free image pulled off the web with the title text slapped on it somewhere). If you actually hand draw or paint something (digitally or analog) that would probably be likely to be picked. But I'll take whatever we can get. (I'm posting this because I was trying to upload the "Makin' Love at the Pawn Shop" fight but the only art that had been submitted was a purple to black vertical gradient, and I while I do appreciate whoever is working on the updated Songfight Coverbot that made that I'd very much prefer to use different art.)