And I thought I'd played some rough gigs...

Links and other hanky panky that doesn't have to do with anything in particular.
obscurity
Mean Street
Instruments: Keyboards (88-note and qwerty), guitar, bass & edrums.
Recording Method: Pod X3 Live & Yamaha 01X -> Cubase 5 & Komplete 5
Submitting as: soon as I see a title that inspires me.

And I thought I'd played some rough gigs...

Post by obscurity »

obscurity.

"Only the great masters of style ever succeed in being obscure." - Oscar Wilde.
Freudian Slip
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by Freudian Slip »

Yeah <shakes head> I saw it on AO-Hell first thing this morning. I'm looking for the link to the AP... because if'n ya aint got AO Hell you caint get there from here. (More detailed article)
ABC News
M-TV News
<sigh> Seems like there are more stories like this every day. The article mentioned that without the officers intervention there would have been far more dead in this incident. But what truly caught my attention reading through this... at least one of the onlookers was quoted as saying, "I thought it was part of the show".

One of the reasons that particular comment stood out was that I remember similar statements being made by survivors after the "Station" Night club fire in Rhode Island. (Great White)
Last edited by Freudian Slip on Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
To Do Is To Be. --Socrates
To Be Is To Do. --Plato
DoBeDoBe, DoBeDo --Sinatra
I could 'see' you-- humming away (a few pill bottles on the sideboard)...But it just didn’t measure up to the insanity that is Freudian Slip...
Poor June
Panama

Post by Poor June »

yea tis blows... one of my childhood hero's dead... :'(... tis will be missed

moment of silence for dimebag :::nods:::
"You haven't been really bad in a long time." - jim of seattle

<a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/poorj ... htm">music page</a>
Justincombustion
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Drums. Drums. Drums.
Recording Method: Whatever that stuff in Glenn's basement is.
Submitting as: HalfRacks, Drink/Drank/Drunk, Baby In the Corner, Chuck the Bear

Post by Justincombustion »

I saw Pantera at my second concert ever. They opened for Skid Row (HA!) and really made Skid Row look like the crap they are in comparison.
Now Dimebag and ODB can jam together. That I would like to hear.
"When you can balance a tack-hammer on your head; you can then head off you opponent with a balanced attack!"
Bolio
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Piano, Keyboards, Guitar, Saxophone, Triangle
Recording Method: "The Golden Age of Cakewalk"
Submitting as: Bolio
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Bolio »

I probably would have thought it was just another bad pyrotechnic display & applauded mockingly.
I may not know karate, but I know KA-RAZY! -James Brown |Bolio on SoundCloud
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

Now that is hardcore.

Anyways, I read about this earlier this morning. Yeah, strange...and I too thought it was lucky that there was somebody armed at the scene.

I was at a pot fest in Atlanta one year (many moons ago). Everything was fine and dandy all day. However, a genius in planning thought it would be a good idea to schedule a couple of heavy metal bands as the sun went down. A full day of people getting wasted had gone by and now we were heading into nightfall with a heavy metal band capping the long day. About half way through the first heavy metal band's set everybody in front of me suddenly turned around and ran with a frenzy look on their face. I about got trampled as I dumbly stood there dodging people. Later I found out that a fight had broken out and someone pulled a knife prompting the other party to pull a gun and fire two shots. A guy was hit but it wasn't life threating. The band played on for about another 30 seconds before realizing that there was a 'situation'. That was how the pot fest ended.
jute gyte
Mean Street

Post by jute gyte »

oh my shit. first john peel, then odb, then dimebag. this sucks.
"I believe the common character of the universe is not harmony, but hostility, chaos and murder." - Werner Herzog
jute gyte
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

What the fuck? Man, I read that and I think... I don't know WHAT I THINK!!1

What the fuck is with people and killing other people? C'mon! this lack of respect for human life completely disgusts me...that being said, I'm glad they shot the fucker. What an asshole. If he had a "grudge", resolve it like a man... use your fucking words for ....ah fuck it. what a crock of shit.