Indiana Jones 4

Because everybody thinks they have an opinion.
Rabid Garfunkel
Jump
Instruments: Absurdity
Recording Method: iPhone, GarageBand & rando apps/toys
Submitting as: OZYMANDIPUS, Rabid Garfunkel, Primitive Screwheads
Pronouns: that guy

Re: Indiana Jones 4

Post by Rabid Garfunkel »

Sigh. Tried to go in without high hopes, but alas, much of the action-humor seemed a forced, the story wasn't terribly compelling, and there wasn't a lot in the way of rising action/denouement in the movie. Had the same sort of overall flatlineness that killed the "Young Indiana Jones" series.

I might have had a different overall impression of the movie if I were 25 years younger, methinks.
"Urban cartoon music." -- Paco Del Stinko
Be my friend? --- Song of the Day
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Lunkhead »

This movie was frankly kind of a disaster. I hated almost all the CGI. Indy looked and sounded too geriatric for me for the first half hour. Cate Blanchett sounded like Natasha from "Rocky and Bulwinkle". They didn't really flesh out Shia Lebeouf's character enough. So many things just seemed arbitrary. And it was waaaay too long. The worst though were the CGI gophers, and the CGI Tarzan stuff. Ugh. Still, I managed to enjoy the middle 30-45 minutes or so. But they should have made it 30-45 minutes shorter. It was way too long. And part of the ending seemed really stupid to me. Oh well. Maybe Indiana Jones 5 will be better when they release it in 2025.
Reist
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Drums, Guitar
Recording Method: Yamaha AW1600, Reaper
Submitting as: Therman

Post by Reist »

I saw it with my family a few days ago. It definitely could have been better, but I guess I enjoyed it. I suppose anything would seem acceptable after watching The Love Guru.
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop
Submitting as: Cock, Chth*.*, D.A.H. (Der Alter Hahn)
Pronouns: His Infernal Majesty

Post by ujnhunter »

Reïst wrote:I suppose anything would seem acceptable after watching The Love Guru.
what's the matter with you young whipper snappers... they keep making movies like that because you keep going to see them... :P
-Ujn Hunter
Photovoltaik - Free 6 Track EP - Song Fight! Liner Notes
Billy's Little Trip wrote:I must have this....in my mouth.....now.
Reist
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Drums, Guitar
Recording Method: Yamaha AW1600, Reaper
Submitting as: Therman

Post by Reist »

ujnhunter wrote:
Reïst wrote:I suppose anything would seem acceptable after watching The Love Guru.
what's the matter with you young whipper snappers... they keep making movies like that because you keep going to see them... :P
Haha ... it was a pretty complex situation, to be honest. I definitely wouldn't have decided to see that one if it was up to me. :)