JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Scrubs

Post by JonPorobil »

My roommate queued in the pilot episode last night, and I've been hooked ever since. I downloaded and watched seven episodes today. I can't believe I've missed this amazing show thus far. Any corroboratory or contradictory opinions?
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
erik
Jump
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle

Post by erik »

I like Scrubs.

I went to junior high with the actor who plays (played?) the "major-minor" character of Doug. Johnny Kastl was in the same grade as my sister.
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

It's OK I guess. A little bit smug without much grounds for being smug imo. It's just another sitcom really. Although I did like the 'what if' episode that centred around the butterfly landing on a pair of breasts. That was pretty nicely done, and challenging structurally for a primetime (?) sitcom.
c hack
Panama

Post by c hack »

I love Scrubs, but always forget to watch it. Gotta get on the ball.
<a href="http://www.c-hack.com">c-hack.com</a> | <a href="http://www.rootrecords.org">rootrecords.org</a>
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin
Pronouns: he/him

Post by roymond »

Although I know the show's director of photography pretty well, I don't really enjoy the show. But then again there are very, very few sitcoms that I do enjoy (for which I have no moral or artistic justification - I suppose that's a given).
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

yeah, it's funny about this show how people either love it or don't like it, but very little ambivalence. it's got some good acting talent that seems to be wasted in my opinion. i find the writing pretty weak, it's like a lite version of arrested development. and it bugs me that nobody ever does any work. it's a freakin hospital for christ sakes, at least make the pretense of having nameless walk-ons doing something hospital related in the background. i just think it's a pretty overrated show.
Hi!
erik
Jump
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle

Post by erik »

Like on Seinfeld, where "They're such awful people" could be cited by both fans and antifans of the show as their reason for why they like it or not, Scrubs seems to have alot of folks who either like or dislike it because it's a farce.
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

personally i think this is one of the best new(ish) shows on tv i've seen in recent years. although honestly, this is probably the *only* new(ish) show on tv i've seen in recent years.