The New Smilies are here!

Use this forum for title suggestions, bitching at moderators, whining about phpBB, and grand ideas that will solve all of Song Fight's problems.
bortwein
Push Comes to Shove

The New Smilies are here!

Post by bortwein »

YEAH! new smilies are here. I thank the fightmasters for allowing me the opportunity to create these for the forum.

I'd like to get some suggestions on:
What esle you think we might need as a smilie?
Which smilie is your favorite?
Which smilie just doesn't look right or is too ... well just not right?
What you think in general about smilies?

Here is a run down of where I was going with the new smilies if you haven't already figured it out: Most of them are cover art references.
:D = nerdcore guy
8) = guy with thick black frame glasses
:wink: = average young guy with hat, wink
:) = Tin Man from the Straw Man cover, but I sent this one by accident, I'm going to replace it next round of smilies.
:shock: = Pass/Fail Robot
:? = Space Cadet
:P = NEVADA
:oops: = mojomask
:cry: = Field Day guy
:idea: = Can't Take Our Love Away
:twisted: = Cancer
:evil: = Bad Attraction
:mrgreen: = Dizzy Spells
:| = Science
:!: = Music note
b o r t w e i n...it rhymes with Design. / bortwein Music SongFight! Archive
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

I like most of them. For some, I think you've perverted them to the point where it's hard to figure out what that particular emoticon (like the science beaker, the CToLA heart, and your robot from the "Pass/Fail" cover) is supposed to signify. That's a minor cavil.

My major cavil is that the mojo mask doesn't look like a mojo mask, or much of anything, for that matter.

Other than that, stellar job! Now we've got no reason to wish we'd stuck around dumbrella (because let's face it: when R Stevens goes phpBB board, he does it right).
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
bortwein
Push Comes to Shove

Post by bortwein »

Generic wrote:I like most of them. For some, I think you've perverted them to the point where it's hard to figure out what that particular emoticon (like the science beaker, the CToLA heart, and your robot from the "Pass/Fail" cover) is supposed to signify. That's a minor cavil.

My major cavil is that the mojo mask doesn't look like a mojo mask, or much of anything, for that matter.

Other than that, stellar job! Now we've got no reason to wish we'd stuck around dumbrella (because let's face it: when R Stevens goes phpBB board, he does it right).
Honestly I think you missed the point of the new smilies. It wasn't to replace a smile with a smile or a frown with a frown... it was to replace the boring with the cool and interesting SongFight related bits and fun.

As for the mojomaks, I don't know what you are thinking... honestly it looks like what I intended it to... the mask that prayformojo is holding infront of his face in a photo he has on his website. http://pfmmusic.com/pic9.jpg :oops:

As for the others you mentioned... again I think you are just missing the point.

Enjoy the smilies for what they are ... fun and interesting icons of our songfight lives.

Oh and as for your interesting sarcastic comment there at the end of your little post... honestly I think it just wasn't needed at all.

Thanks
Heather. Redmon.
Mean Street
Instruments: Vox
Submitting as: The Hell Yeahs
Pronouns: She/her

Post by Heather. Redmon. »

How about some sort of a female smiley??? But tasteful like... Thanks!
jack wrote:heather is the hardest working mom on songfight (in addition to being arguably the rockinist chick....).
Listen to our music!
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

bortwein wrote: Oh and as for your interesting sarcastic comment there at the end of your little post... honestly I think it just wasn't needed at all.
for what it's worth, it didn't seem sarcastic to me.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
bortwein
Push Comes to Shove

Post by bortwein »

Heather. Redmon. wrote:How about some sort of a female smiley??? But tasteful like... Thanks!
Hell Yeah! I'll look to see what I can create for a Female smilie.

Thanks for the suggestion.
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band
Pronouns: he/him

Post by jb »

bortwein wrote:Oh and as for your interesting sarcastic comment there at the end of your little post... honestly I think it just wasn't needed at all.
Didn't strike me as sarcastic either. I think you don't need to be so touchy, Bort.

And Generic needs to avoid using the word "perverted" and the phrase "much of anything, for that matter" unless he is truly trying to insult someone.
JonPorobil
Beat It

Post by JonPorobil »

JB is wise. I didn't mean to offend. I guess I am missing the point. But I was not sarcastic at all. Honestly.
Last edited by JonPorobil on Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
erik
Jump
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle

Post by erik »

jb wrote:
bortwein wrote:Oh and as for your interesting sarcastic comment there at the end of your little post... honestly I think it just wasn't needed at all.
Didn't strike me as sarcastic either. I think you don't need to be so touchy, Bort.

And Generic needs to avoid using the word "perverted" and the phrase "much of anything, for that matter" unless he is truly trying to insult someone.
OMG YOU ARE SO MEAN TO JONERIC I MEAN C'MON

JonPorobil
Beat It

Post by JonPorobil »

Oh, dude. you didn't just. You... I mean, you... Oh, man, it is so on. I can't believe you... you... Damn, man! You don't just... I mean, like... aw, crap, man!

fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

I don't know what's worse, Generic's incessant rants about everything, or the revelation that all of his snarky sarcastic-sounding comments might have actually been *sincere*.
JonPorobil
Beat It

Post by JonPorobil »

Not all, just that one. :P