fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Braid

Post by fluffy »

I can't believe there's no thread for this game yet.

I didn't get to play it until very recently (when it finally came out for Mac) but I have been enjoying the hell out of it. I beat it in just a couple of sittings (maybe 4-5 hours total), and then I found out about the stars and how you can't get one of the stars if you've assembled one of the paintings, so I restarted it and am getting all the stars and that's a lot of fun too.

Some of the stars are REALLY HARD though and I ended up using a walkthrough for some of them. Which still didn't make it easy since it's still just pointing in the right direction (I don't think I'd have been able to find any of them without clues, except maybe the one you have to literally wait two hours for).

The music is excellent and because of it I started a Magnatune subscription.

Oh also long before Braid came out I was reading the artist's webcomic, A Lesson Is Learned But The Damage Is Irreversible. I love his stuff and I didn't even know he was responsible for Braid's artwork until I came across his Twitter feed and he mentioned Braid on the same day that I thought to check to see if the Mac version was out yet, which also happened to be the day the Mac version came out. It's like all those factors decided to come together at once, or maybe I had time-reversed and knew what to do before I did it.
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop
Submitting as: Cock, Chth*.*, D.A.H. (Der Alter Hahn)
Pronouns: His Infernal Majesty

Re: Braid

Post by ujnhunter »

I felt like it didn't live up to the hype... I wound up waiting until it was discounted on XBLA, because I don't like paying more than $10 for downloads, and still didn't feel like it was worth it. I don't know... I just don't get it, I guess. It's a floaty platforming puzzle game... It's got style... I just don't dig it.
-Ujn Hunter
Photovoltaik - Free 6 Track EP - Song Fight! Liner Notes
Billy's Little Trip wrote:I must have this....in my mouth.....now.