Friday before the shows?

All about the next annual live event. Are you coming?. Discuss travel & lodging. Recruit band members, discuss equipment, setlists, etc.
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Friday before the shows?

Post by JonPorobil »

I booked my flight before it was confirmed that the shows would be Saturday and Sunday, meaning I'm going to have about a day and a half in San Francisco before the festivities really kick off. Is there anything going on Friday night? Will anyone else be in town? Can any of the locals recommend some place for the early birds to gather?
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Re: Friday before the shows?

Post by fluffy »

I was thinking that Friday night we could go bowling in Pacifica.
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Re: Friday before the shows?

Post by jack »

ha, that seabowl place is great. but it might be a trek for the east bay folks. berkeley bowl is now a grocery store. go figure. but if people like frank are staying in the east bay, and ken and folks already live over there, doing something in berkeley could be fun. i would say horse racing at golden gate fields but no racing in july. if nothing else, there's lots of good restaurants to get a bite for dinner somewhere.

or if enough people wanted to trek down en masse to mi casa, i could offer tacos, beer, and loverboy.
Hi!