Jan 22, 2015

Complain about your schedule. Apparently people like that sort of thing.
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Jan 22, 2015

Post by Niveous »

Niveous, checking in.

About an hour ago, a guy I know "suggested" on Facebook that I like his band page. I have no problem with that, especially if I like the band. So, it's got me thinking: What kinds on online music profiles do you have.

For instance, I have a Niveous facebook. I have a Bandcamp. I have a old MySpace sitting around. I have a website that needs some love.

While doing work on SF:TR, I have gotten band info from a myriad of places: MySpace, Facebook, The Sixty One, Bandcamp, Reverbnation, Somesongs, YouTube, etc.

So what do you use?
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Re: Jan 22, 2015

Post by fluffy »

I still consider sockpuppet.us to be the central repository for all things Sockpuppet, but I'm slowly moving everything that I can over to BandCamp.

I have profile pages on a bunch of sites that I have lost track of. YouTube has a couple videos, Last.FM has my profile and a shitload of crappy video game remixes by someone else who was releasing under the name Sockpuppet for a while, Somesongs of course (way outdated though), and I think Reverbnation and The Sixty One (also way outdated if they're even still there). I also have a mostly-unused SoundCloud (from the brief period when I needed a portfolio thing but hadn't realized I have my own damn portfolio site already).
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

I've got a facebook page, which I would link to, but it has a sneak preview of my GOM '14 entry, so I won't be doing that just yet. But if you happened to go looking for a 'mrjohnnycashpoint' on there, you might find me. Just sayin'.

I've got a reverbnation page. God, I hate reverbnation. They bombard me with 'useful' e-mails - I was cleaning out my inbox for the last year, and I think about 200 of them across the year were from them, and none were of any use to me. Also, they forced me to create a musician and a band page, which is just bad form. And they unceremoniously deleted my shop for no apparent reason. I mean no-one was buying my stuff, obviously - but if you're going to strong-arm me into something which took me a lot of effort, to "make my profile 'complete" then have the courtesy to tell me if you're taking it away, and why'. Douches. And I can't update my status there without it automatically updating my facebook status as well. No! Anyway, here's a link to it, which you can use to 'become a fan' or whatever, at least until I find a way to get off of it; but I'd rather you used my facebook page - I actually post there with new free stuff on a semi-regular basis.

I had a go with bandcamp (and this is my failure not theirs,) but I could never get the interface to work satisfactorily / couldn't be bothered to track down WAVs of my songs, not MP3s.

And yes - if you had the software to scan the sub-folders of http://www.johnnycashpoint.com, there's 1000's of my songs there. Most, not all, I am proud of. Have at it. But I also i find yahoo is not really designed to be a hosting silo, so I am on the look out for a new cheap host; if you know of such, please feel free to let me know.

j$
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

Dreamhost has been serving songfight.org well for the last umpteen years. I highly recommend them.

JB, you should post your referral code so that people can give you a kickback whenever they sign up or something. Or they can use ILOVEPLAID which is one of mine. (But do JB's instead.)