7/20/15 Electric Light Orchestra

Complain about your schedule. Apparently people like that sort of thing.
glennny
Jump
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Mandolin, Dobro, Banjo, E-Bow, Glock
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene

7/20/15 Electric Light Orchestra

Post by glennny »

What is you favorite E.L.O. song?
Phillipso, Older Brothers, Semolina Pilchards, Zipline , Thank Glennny for the Frisbee, The Odoriferous Valley, The Worldly Self Assurance, Berkeley Social Scene, Very Gentle Knives, Daddy Bop Swing Set, GUNS, The Kraken Lives, Cavedwellers
user
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: gaming
Recording Method: Microsoft Word
Pronouns: she/him

Re: 7/20/15 Electric Light Orchestra

Post by user »

One of the things I love about ELO is their complete lack of edginess. Not that I have anything against edginess per se, but ELO are about as edgy as Raffi. They're like a group of children (with adult voices) who were blessed with mad talent by the gods of music. They just radiate innocence while still rocking the hell out in a pretty complex way.

All their stuff I've ever heard is top notch. I guess I'll go with "Livin' Thing". You can hear them pleading in the chorus--but not in a dark or moody way--this is a living thing, man, can't you see that?
glennny
Jump
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Mandolin, Dobro, Banjo, E-Bow, Glock
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene

Re: 7/20/15 Electric Light Orchestra

Post by glennny »

If you want edgy ELO, listen to the 1st album (sometimes called No Answer) with Roy Wood writing the angular Russian march kind of stuff.
The 1st album is brilliant, but I like everything they ever did. I'm still thinking about what is my absolute favorite.
Phillipso, Older Brothers, Semolina Pilchards, Zipline , Thank Glennny for the Frisbee, The Odoriferous Valley, The Worldly Self Assurance, Berkeley Social Scene, Very Gentle Knives, Daddy Bop Swing Set, GUNS, The Kraken Lives, Cavedwellers