Ongoing archive problems

Let us know when something isn't working correctly, or if you find a typo. Do not post complaints or suggestions here.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Ongoing archive problems

Post by Lunkhead »

Just an update, you may notice that the archive has gotten all screwed up. Well ... I started trying to go through every step of the process and figure out how to get < and > working properly in artist names. I've only had time to fix some of the issues. Like, the issue with the votes for <Something>Calico not getting counted at all. Their votes did indeed get credited to them, but, the generation of the archive pages after the new fight went up went quite awry. The "Young Blood" and "Hitched" archive pages are still there ( http://www.songfight.org/songpage.php?key=young_blood http://www.songfight.org/songpage.php?key=hitched) but they're not showing up in the lists of fights by date or title. The "Super Creepy" archive page is all messed up. Somehow a ton of bogus artists got generated. Bear with me as I really don't have a whole lot of time to dedicate to dealing with this and can only really address one little bit of it at a time.
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Re: More problems because of < and >

Post by Lunkhead »

Actually the archive issue may turn out to be related to BSS's two entries for "Young Blood", ha. Oy.
Chumpy
Twilight Sparkle
Instruments: Vocals, guitar, bass
Recording Method: Logic
Submitting as: Jerkatorium, Chumpy

Re: Ongoing archive problems

Post by Chumpy »

I looks like the Super Creepy fight swallowed Young Blood and Hitched. Maybe your change caused <Something>Calico to break the end-of-fight marker, and "end" is now being interpreted as a band. Calico appeared in both Super Creepy and Young Blood, which may explain why those two fights don't end properly and run right into Hitched. Perhaps it ends at Hitched because that's the first fight where Calico doesn't appear.
"I don't recommend ending on a bad joke." --ken
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

I think it should be fixed now. My fix for counting the <Something>Calico votes caused a bug where some of the "late entries" code got invoked but there were no late entries, which messed up the archive page generator. I didn't fix the bug but I changed the data so it won't cause issues. I'll fix the bug before the next update.
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

OK, some issues fixed, but, <Something>Calico isn't showing up in the "Super Creepy" archive page. I'll have to wrestle with this more later. :(
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

I think I fixed <Something>Calico, I think there isn't a code issue but a data issue. Since artist names can have HTML in them (ugh) their name needed to be updated to have &lt; and &gt; instead of < and >. :/
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

Lunkhead wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:51 pm
I'll have to wrestle with this more later. :(
Wow.

Maybe we should make an admin trello board or something.