ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff
Pronouns: he/him

Disenchantment

Post by ken »

Is anyone else watching Disenchantment on Netflix? This is a new cartoon from Matt Groening, so if you like the Simpsons or really Futurama, this is right up your alley. I'm a few episodes in and while it isn't the greatest TV show I've ever seen, it is a fun watch. It has a lot of the same voices, characters, and humor of Futurama, but with more details in the animation, which doesn't always add anything. At least it is a female lead character. Check it out and let me know what you think.
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
vowlvom
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar, keys, "other"
Recording Method: PC, reaper, ableton
Submitting as: Vowl Sounds, Vom Vorton

Re: Disenchanted

Post by vowlvom »

I love the Simpsons and Futurama and I'm also a big fan of Broad City, so I was really looking forward to this, but it just doesn't work for me at all. I made it through six episodes and had enough, I don't really like the characters and the laughs are few and far between (and a lot of the jokes feel like lazy retreads of stuff from Futurama). Really disappointed.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Post by Lunkhead »

I'm only 2.5 episodes in so far, but sadly I'm not laughing much yet. I probably went in with overly high expectations and not enough of an open mind. I'm not really connecting with the three lead characters yet, partly because of their voice actors and partly because they seem kind of one dimensional. That several of the other characters have literally the exact same voices (not just the same voice actors but they're doing the same voices) as several of the characters from Futurama is really distracting to me for some reason. I'm going to keep watching some more but so far I'm not feeling super optimistic that I'll stick it out through the end of the season. It just doesn't seem like it's in the same league as the Simpsons or Futurama. :(
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band

Post by jb »

I tried to watch it. I really did. It just has no spark.
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy
ken
Hot for Teacher

Post by ken »

Really? No one likes Elfo?
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

Just started watching this with my daughter. We are loving it. I think it is hilarious. And music by mark mothersbough which is a nice touch

BTW - while I love the simpsons - I always found Futurama a bit annoying.
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

The first couple episodes didn't grab me but by the end of the season I was really into it and I'm looking forward to season 2.

It never really gets all that funny (despite trying really hard to be), but the plot is pretty good and kept me interested. It's very much telling an ongoing story and it takes a little while for that to really start happening.

(also a lot of people keep on calling it "Disenchanted" but it's actually "Disenchantment.")
ken
Hot for Teacher

Post by ken »

fluffy wrote:(also a lot of people keep on calling it "Disenchanted" but it's actually "Disenchantment.")
Oh, good catch!