Nur Ein XIV Round Three "Color Me _____"

There can be only one.
Rachael Layne
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Instruments: Vocals only at this point...
Recording Method: Ask Glenn... ;)
Submitting as: Rachael Layne
Pronouns: She/her

Re: Nur Ein XIV Round Three "Color Me _____"

Post by Rachael Layne »

Cybronica wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 8:14 am
Rachel Layne: a cool take on the title and I liked your use of sample. Those two synths that come in at the start are really delicious, the one in the right and the bubbly one that pans in and out on both sides. Your use of backing vocals to increase the tension was really effective. The intent of this song reminds me of chow down from the broadway lion king, but I feel like it needed a catharsis of some sort, where they actually get me. The slow down and false end kinda does that, but unsatisfactorily. The panning and synth orchestration is masterful.
Thanks for the review! All good points on the critiques. :) Glenn case was definitely the beats and music guru on this one. I very much enjoyed doing something kinda weird as this is quite out of character for me, but it was nice to just do something fun and playful overall, (albeit creepy AF.) haha! Hopefully I can make it through the next round!
Music is love in search of a word...
Rachael Layne
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by Rachael Layne »

arby wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 3:19 pm
Rachael Layne - I do not understand why this got ranked so low from some of the other judges. I really liked it. (References that only Niveous will get - this reminds me of Max Miller meets Killy Dwyer.) Cool beats, underwater synth sounds, vocal that dances around the beat, so much going on with the production that I never get bored. Arguably the sample was not perhaps used the way we instructed (I believe we said it should be a “vocal riff” i.e. melodic line) BUT the song is soooo good that I did not take off points for it.(see note above)
I am SO happy you really enjoyed this and thank you so much for saving my collective posterior this round! Haha! I will keep bringing my "A" game and having fun with the songs and challenges. I am just so glad to have made it this far. It has been so long since I wrote and recorded this actively, I am having a blast! <3
mo
Mean Street
Instruments: guitar, bass, synth
Recording Method: Reaper 4eva
Submitting as: duboce triangle, ellipsis, agony sauce, moody vermin, spite, yaks
Pronouns: n/a

Post by mo »

Your posterior is a collective?
Rachael Layne
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by Rachael Layne »

mo wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 8:58 pm
Your posterior is a collective?
Well since Glenn is assisting I am going to count his posterior as well. That may qualify the term more accurately. Haha! ;)