Thrift store whores

Links and other hanky panky that doesn't have to do with anything in particular.
phatcactus
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Thrift store whores

Post by phatcactus »

Every year, I do a thing called "go to school" which interferes with everything from sleeping to eating, and songfighting suffers too. I'm happy to say that in two short weeks, "going to school" will be over with and the Special Relatives will prepare to make a triumphant return to last place. This means two things: (1) get some keyboards from the thrift store and (2) go back and get some more.

Well, I got a cheapy-o toy keyboard form the thrift store in the ghetto, and it's fun, and I can make some cool noises with it (even though it only registers two key presses at a time[?!]), and that's cool. But I wanted more fucking power! So I went to the thrift store in the classy part of the ghetto and found my baby. She was beautiful and square and covered with a film of grime, but I knew all she needed was some love and some fondlin'. So I picked 'er up, but then a weird-ass old school gun-shaped video camera caught my attention, so I put 'er down for a minute.

I've always hated movies, and in fact one of the only things I've never ever wanted to do is make a movie. But this thing was just really cool lookin'. While I was distracted by the camera, some crazy ho came and swept the entire fucking shelf of crap into her cart. Including my beautiful keyboard. Why did she do that? She didn't even look. She just squeezed her cart between me and the shelf and had at it. *WHOOSH* All gone. I still can't figure out why she did that. I thought maybe she was gonna get it all on the cheap and sell it for more, but most of it was like, cardboard coasters and old VHS tapes and crap like that, so she really couldn't have sold it for more anyway. So I determined that she's just a ho and did it because she's crazy. I even tried askin' her about it, which is really weird for me because I don't even talk to people I know, but she no habla inglés, y mi español está muy crappola.

In conclusion, what the hell?
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin
Pronouns: he/him

Post by roymond »

Can't gelp you there, but here's some trippin' thriftshop ho art.
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
WeaselSlayer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Guitar, keyboard
Recording Method: Garageband, laptop mic
Submitting as: Luke Henley

Post by WeaselSlayer »

You know what word I hate handjob.
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs

Post by HeuristicsInc »

i do like that thrift store art site. almost makes me want to go and have a look myself.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
c.layne
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Fuckin VSTs
Recording Method: Ableton Live 11
Submitting as: c.layne

Post by c.layne »

WeaselSlayer wrote:You know what word I hate handjob.
you know what punctuation you hate question mark.
Gemini6Ice
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Photoshop and Illustrator

Post by Gemini6Ice »

c.layne wrote:
WeaselSlayer wrote:You know what word I hate handjob.
you know what punctuation you hate question mark.
youknowwhatcapitalizationihateuppercase

(I want to see this keep going. ^_^)