Harmonica tab for Seth's Accelerator

Links and other hanky panky that doesn't have to do with anything in particular.
vrover
A New Player

Harmonica tab for Seth's Accelerator

Post by vrover »

Anyhow. I got this song stuck in my mind, and started poking it out on the piano, and got it more or less down pat. Now, since I'm also learning harmonica, I've been transcribing piano songs to harmonica lately. If a song's got too many (actually, if it's got any) flats or sharps in it, I usually don't play it on the harmonica, since flats and sharps are played by a method called "bending", basically just blowing a different way. I haven't mastered it yet so I avoid those.

But the chorus of Accelerator has only one bend, at the end. So I figured what the hell, and went ahead with it. Worked pretty well, and I decided to tab it to throw up here. Through a mix of harmonica tablature and traditional sheet-music methods, I present to you the Accelerator tab.

The timing should be pretty obvious if you've listened to the song. If you haven't, what the hell are you playing it for? Hope the repeats and different endings are clear enough. If they're not, go listen to the song again.

I might do the verses if some actual harmonica players reply.
"Let's play Truth or Dare!"
"At least six times a day. Happy?"
Future Boy
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Keyboard, Vocals
Recording Method: Apollo Twin, Reaper, Rhodes, Casios
Submitting as: Future Boy
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Future Boy »

That's a neat idea!
New Album: Comes Apart | Missed Connections | With Johnny Cashpoint: A Maze of Death | modular synths on Youtube
Rabid Garfunkel
Jump
Instruments: Absurdity
Recording Method: iPhone, GarageBand & rando apps/toys
Submitting as: OZYMANDIPUS, Rabid Garfunkel, Primitive Screwheads
Pronouns: that guy

Post by Rabid Garfunkel »

Yo. Check out MelodyAssistant. It'll take a good chunk of the "work" out of transcribing harp lines, especially if you can read & write sheet music.

The bummer is, to get concertina TAB out of it, you've got to shell out the bucks for their HarmonyAssistant instead. Harp on, MacDuff.
"Urban cartoon music." -- Paco Del Stinko
Be my friend? --- Song of the Day
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

You are the Devil. Playing a harmonica is one thing, enforcing its black-hearted wail on others, well, that's just plain cruel :)

j$
vrover
A New Player

Post by vrover »

My older brother plays guitar. My younger brother plays bass guitar. Just about all but five or so of my friends play guitar, and one of those plays the mandolin, which when you look at it is basically a smaller guitar.

I feel I have to make a difference in the world, you know?

*scowls and plays In The End on his harmonica*
"Let's play Truth or Dare!"
"At least six times a day. Happy?"
Rabid Garfunkel
Jump
Instruments: Absurdity
Recording Method: iPhone, GarageBand & rando apps/toys
Submitting as: OZYMANDIPUS, Rabid Garfunkel, Primitive Screwheads
Pronouns: that guy

Post by Rabid Garfunkel »

Hey, don't sweat j$'s comments, he's ribbing me about the harp (again). Keep up the good work, &c., &c.
"Urban cartoon music." -- Paco Del Stinko
Be my friend? --- Song of the Day