Podcast suggestion

Use this forum for title suggestions, bitching at moderators, whining about phpBB, and grand ideas that will solve all of Song Fight's problems.
Kill Me Sarah
Panama
Instruments: Guitar, GarageBand
Recording Method: GarageBand, TonePort UXII, Reaper, MXL 990 & 991 Mics
Submitting as: Kill Me Sarah, Bonfire of the Manatees, Hurrikitten

Podcast suggestion

Post by Kill Me Sarah »

Would it be possible to swap the song title with the band name, or maybe some combination of the two for the podcast? I don't know what you are using to generate the rss for the podcast, so if it's a huge pain to change, I understand, and I certainly appreciate there being a podcast at all. It's just a bit user un-friendly to click on Song Fight! on my iPod and see thirty of the same song title and have to triple click on every single one to find out who's singing it. I would rather triple click on one entry to find out what the song title for the week is.
"[...] so plodding it actually hurts a little bit" - Smalltown Mike
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

Please don't make that change. It'd break those of us who actually care about the validity of our id3 tags and who use the RSS feed to populate it.

RSS is about semantics and this change would break those semantics. It is not RSS's fault that you use a crappy agent for perusing feeds.
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin
Pronouns: he/him

Post by roymond »

I agree with both of you. KMS rightly states what's sucks about collections of Songfight songs, and Fluffy rightly states that the labels, for each song individually, are correct. However, he doesn't suggest a solution. Neither do I.
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

Personally I don't have a problem with only seeing 25 instances of the same title on my iPod, since I only care about who's playing a song when I'm listening to it. But I actually listen to the whole fight so I can vote for the actual best song. I guess I'm just weird that way.
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin
Pronouns: he/him

Post by roymond »

fluffy wrote:Personally I don't have a problem with only seeing 25 instances of the same title on my iPod, since I only care about who's playing a song when I'm listening to it. But I actually listen to the whole fight so I can vote for the actual best song. I guess I'm just weird that way.
I'm with you for the week of voting and such, but even then, I'll admit to skipping certain crap artists that I just don't have the patience for anymore.

But should I suppose you never listen to them again? I find that even 5 surviving same-named songs are an irritant when listening later on, looking for the particular artist I remember. It only high lights a deficiency in the system (tags, iPod, whatever).
Last edited by roymond on Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

I do listen to stuff later but it's usually in shuffle-by-album. If you want to alter your tags or playlists or whatever to make it more useful for you, you certainly have that ability. Personally I prefer having them all with the same title. If I want to browse by artist, I, well, browse by artist.