Across the Universe

Because everybody thinks they have an opinion.
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin
Pronouns: he/him

Across the Universe

Post by roymond »

OK, I should read some movie descriptions before going. This would even be a terrible date flick, though my wife liked it a lot. For me it was dribble, awash in its conflict between being a campy Beatles-style music video (which would have worked better) and developing some sort of serious story line or more like "War in Vietnam -- the Musical" (which took half the movie to make clear). With character names like Lucy, Jude, Sadie and Prudence, and lines like "where'd she come from" "I don't know...she came in through the bathroom window". Give me a break!!!

Except for Eddy Izzard, Joe Cocker and Bono's individual performances (especially Eddy Izzard doing "For the Benefit of Mr. Kite" which is brilliant and should be released on its own if it hasn't already made it to YouTube), this movie has few redeeming qualities. Disappointing from Julie Taymor who absolutely nailed Frida. D
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
fodroy
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: none
Recording Method: ears
Submitting as: praise muzak

Post by fodroy »

I saw a preview for this and almost went on a killing spree.