Song Fight Live Speculation

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
thehipcola
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: The things what make sounds.
Recording Method: LA610mk2 into UAD Apollo 8p into Cubase/LUNA/Reaper/Ableton/Reason/Maschine
Submitting as: thehipcolaredcargertFlamingTigershotpounderOGLawnDartsFussyBritchesGapingMaw

Post by thehipcola »

(tonetripper, i am just making a joke. do not panic. however, if you refer to us as "the old guard" again, especially in that context, i will hunt you down and kill you. we are american. we do not take these things lightly. you saw fahrenheit 911. we have all those guns and stuff. also, i am just kidding about killing you so do not panic and call the american embassy to report my remarks. but keep in mind, it is okay to be stupid occasionally, but not insulting at the same time. it's okay to be insulting if you are smart. it is not okay for you to be insulting. i am just kidding--do not panic. There is no way for me to determine your level of intelligence based on one instance of you failing to infer sarcasm from a message board exchange. and now i roll my eyes at you. :roll: )
That was a brilliant post. Nice.
tonetripper
Mean Street
Instruments: Bass, Vocals, Guitar, Drums, Sitar, Theremin, Lap Steel, Djembe
Recording Method: Cubase 6, Live 7, Reason 5, UAD 2, MOTU Ultralite, Mackie 1620i onyx
Submitting as: tonetripper, redcar, gert, draft and others

Post by tonetripper »

frankie big face wrote:and now i roll my eyes at you. :roll:
:lol:
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

We'd better start buying baseball tickets! I have a feeling that Boston might sell a few games this year!

Obviously we've a long way to go discussing this... but I fully endose Boston if anyone cares what *I* think :-)

I'm curious to what Spud thinks ... have I missed a post?
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

Frankie ahh... I was just being a sensitive bitch... just tell me to get bent... sometimes when I get an idea, and I'm getting excited, any resistance (and by the way, my comments were only partially directed at you... think I got my period) any way, resistance can sometimes be discourageing, and what better way to feel better about it then whine and bitch?

...what we need around here is a conspiracy theory about the old guard...

ANYWAY. I welcome you all to this part of the universe sometime this summer, date to be announced, for a songfight oriented show. That's all I know right now.
Leaf
Jump
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

Oh yeah, Boston is cool by the way, who knows, I may even be able to tie it into a marine expo or the fish expo they have there every year... we alwasy send at least on rep to it... so who knows... Maybe the Bruins will be playing...
tonetripper
Mean Street
Instruments: Bass, Vocals, Guitar, Drums, Sitar, Theremin, Lap Steel, Djembe
Recording Method: Cubase 6, Live 7, Reason 5, UAD 2, MOTU Ultralite, Mackie 1620i onyx
Submitting as: tonetripper, redcar, gert, draft and others

Post by tonetripper »

Leaf wrote:so who knows... Maybe the Bruins will be playing...
Maybe playing the Leafs or the Lightening. :D Boston!!!!!
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher

Post by Hoblit »

tonetripper wrote:
Leaf wrote:so who knows... Maybe the Bruins will be playing...
Maybe playing the Leafs or the Lightening. :D Boston!!!!!
Go Lightning, I point and laugh then realize that the last laugh is on us.
the Jazz
Push Comes to Shove

Post by the Jazz »

I think the thing about buying someone a beer at Fenway for only $20 is the funniest comment in this thread so far.
Let cake eat them.
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

the Jazz wrote:I think the thing about buying someone a beer at Fenway for only $20 is the funniest comment in this thread so far.
especially when it's hoblit's $20 i'm spending! :lol:
Hi!
frankie big face
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Vocals, Bass, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Keyboard, Violin, Other Stuff
Recording Method: Logic, UAD Apollo Twin, aging iMac
Submitting as: frankie big face

Post by frankie big face »

the Jazz wrote:I think the thing about buying someone a beer at Fenway for only $20 is the funniest comment in this thread so far.
the only time i was at fenway park, it was over 100 degrees on july 4 and they were making people throw their water bottles away before entering the park, where, of course they were selling water for FIVE DOLLARS.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher

Post by Hoblit »

we live in a world where water can cost more than gasoline.

ha Jack, Maybe you could buy two beers after I bet on that particular game!

in other news, it got over 100 degrees in Boston once.
frankie big face
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Vocals, Bass, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Keyboard, Violin, Other Stuff

according to this game log (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseba ... melog.html), it was 96, but i think it was over 100. All I know is I had a seat about 8 rows from the field and I had to go find shade. It was unbearable.
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

frankie big face wrote:........ it was 96, but i think it was over 100....... It was unbearable.
wait, are we talking about boston or las vegas now? :P
Hi!
king_arthur
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar, vocals, bass, BIAB, keyboards (synth anything)
Recording Method: Tascam DP-24SD
Submitting as: King Arthur
Pronouns: he/him

Post by king_arthur »

I take it Las Vegas is out at this point, but if it were to happen, I'd be willing to help out. But, yeah, it would be tough to do SFL in a town where there aren't ANY SF participants to head things up.

Went to a run of Grateful Dead shows in June of '91 or thereabouts, and it hit 117 the day of the show, which was outdoors in the Silver Bowl. It had cooled down a bit by the evening, but it was still very toasty down there on the field. When they started The Music Never Stopped, everybody was clapping their hands overhead, which stirred up the air a little bit, which made for a relatively cool effect when they sang "the cool breeze came on Tuesday..." Ya, I guess ya hadda be there.

If Pennsylvania was still an option, maybe we could just invade some small town, just take over some place like http://www.wyalusinghotel.com/ this. The bar is right below the rooms, but there are only about ten rooms, so if we just booked them all ourselves, we could make all the noise we wanted, and since we'd be the only entertainment in town (the hotel is the hot spot of Wyalusing), we might even get some of the locals to the show... when I stayed there, they had just finished re-doing the room I was in, and didn't bother putting any of the pictures back up or anything...

Even if it is in Boston, I might try to make it; we have enough miles on our credit card to cover a free flight somewhere, and I have some friends in the general area I might be able to stay with (up in Lowell, I think).

Charles (Art is my middle name!)
"...one does not write in dactylic hexameter purely by accident..." - poetic designs
mkilly
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar

Post by mkilly »

king_arthur wrote:I take it Las Vegas is out at this point, but if it were to happen, I'd be willing to help out. But, yeah, it would be tough to do SFL in a town where there aren't ANY SF participants to head things up.
No. Las Vegas is not out. IT IS NOVEMBER. SongFight Live!'s location will be decided sometime, maybe by consensus, maybe by committee, maybe by somebody saying "Hey, okay, I'm going to host it in %%city%%," and gets following enough to let them. I guess. I don't know, ask JB. Put my point is, nothing is out at this point.
"It is really true what philosophy tells us, that life must be understood backwards. But with this, one forgets the second proposition, that it must be lived forwards." Søren Kierkegaard
frankie big face
Ice Cream Man

mkilly wrote:Put my point is, nothing is out at this point.
Idaho is out.

not really
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher

Post by Hoblit »

frankie big face wrote:
mkilly wrote:Put my point is, nothing is out at this point.
Idaho is out.

not really
So are the Dakotas, Carolinas, and the Virginias.
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

I can safely add that France is out as well, however, I'm not sure about Hong Kong.... pretty fun city... cheap taxis, cheap electronics, cheap....
A Bootleg
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Instruments: Guitar, bass, fiddle
Recording Method: Tascam DR-40 and a fast food attitude
Submitting as: often as Halley's Comet.
Pronouns: He/they

Post by A Bootleg »

If Pennsylvania was still an option, maybe we could just invade some small town, just take over some place like http://www.wyalusinghotel.com/ this. The bar is right below the rooms, but there are only about ten rooms, so if we just booked them all ourselves, we could make all the noise we wanted, and since we'd be the only entertainment in town (the hotel is the hot spot of Wyalusing), we might even get some of the locals to the show... when I stayed there, they had just finished re-doing the room I was in, and didn't bother putting any of the pictures back up or anything...
PA would be ideal for me, at least. Small town invasion sounds great. There's an accordion fest a friend of mine went to, which similarly took over a small town. He was playing his accordion on the front porch of the hotel when a traveler comes up to him and jokingly asks if there's some kind of accordion convention taking place. The man left as soon as he found out that there was, indeed, an accordion convention being held.
My other music is Old Time / shape note.
Bjam
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Singin', Guitarin', Mandolinin'

Post by Bjam »

The White Hat wrote: PA would be ideal for me, at least. Small town invasion sounds great. There's an accordion fest a friend of mine went to, which similarly took over a small town. He was playing his accordion on the front porch of the hotel when a traveler comes up to him and jokingly asks if there's some kind of accordion convention taking place. The man left as soon as he found out that there was, indeed, an accordion convention being held.
Dude, I went to an accordian convention in PA...

PA would rock for me also, but like I said, anywhere that's 5 hours or less to get to by car is pretty much good for me.
Songfighter since back in the day.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher

Post by Hoblit »

GAWD DANGIT! I've ALREADY BEEN TO PENNSYLVANIA!
Bjam
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Singin', Guitarin', Mandolinin'

Post by Bjam »

Hoblit wrote:GAWD DANGIT! I've ALREADY BEEN TO PENNSYLVANIA!
Well New Jersey is just over there, ever been there?
Songfighter since back in the day.