These Things Kick Ass

Links and other hanky panky that doesn't have to do with anything in particular.
Kamakura
Panama
Instruments: Drums, Guitar, Keys, Howling
Recording Method: LogicPro on a clapped out Mac, or Studio One on PC
Submitting as: Kamakura
Pronouns: he/him/idiot

Post by Kamakura »

Does not compute...
Dan-O from Five-O
Panama
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Drums, Mandolin all graded on a sliding scale
Recording Method: Mixer to a Fostex D-160

Post by Dan-O from Five-O »

fluffy wrote:Are you <a href="http://www.timecube.com/">educated stupid</a>?
That's some serious ranting. Nothing like a web page that scrolls on forever.
jb wrote:Dan-O has a point.
JB
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

seriously. the top of the page is all like, the whole world is evil because nobody will discuss or give credibility to this theory (i think -- this is one of the worst cases of broken english i've ever attempted to stumble through) and then i skipped about thirty pages of stuff and the bottom is all saying this dude is the smartest person in the world and we are all too stupid to be able to comprehend his theories.

i guess maybe if i hadn't skipped so much stuff i would have some idea what the dude's theory actually IS, and what's so remarkable about it, but i'm too lazy to really care.
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

That was fucking awesome!!!!

Seriously. The Cube is REAL.

That is the first literal intrepretation of an LSD trip that I 've read since that Yippies book I read in college. Carlos Castinada does not compare.

Fluffy, you go to some strange places....
Kapitano
Push Comes to Shove
Recording Method: Reason, Reaper and Reused Reality.
Submitting as: Kapitano

Post by Kapitano »

It's a growth industry.

http://www.crank.net/timecube.html

(On my CV, under 'Interests' is Insolitology. So far, not one employer has asked what it it.)
<a href="http://kapitano.me.uk/">Kapitano's Site of Musical Stuff (Under Construction)</a>
c hack
Panama

Post by c hack »

Wait, so Carlos Castaneda is all about tripping? I had just read a couple paragraphs and was coming to the conclusion there was something there, but now I'm not so sure.
<a href="http://www.c-hack.com">c-hack.com</a> | <a href="http://www.rootrecords.org">rootrecords.org</a>
Kamakura
Panama

Post by Kamakura »

c hack wrote:Wait, so Carlos Castaneda is all about tripping?
Yes and no.
Not many people know that Carlos Castenada is a pen name used by Fidel Castro, whose wife, as I'm sure you know, loves shoes.
Not only was Castenada/Castro the real author of 'Evita' (obviously they had to pretend it was written by Webber and Rice) but the whole Bay of Pigs debacle was actually the his first script, which, as you know, became a very successful reality TV show.

I've got more (pant pant, pass the peyote), MORE I tell you! :o
Kamakura
Panama

Post by Kamakura »

Kapitano wrote:On my CV, under 'Interests' is Insolitology. So far, not one employer has asked what it it.
That's because everyone knows Insolitology is the science of insole design, specifically the prothetic aids designed for flat feet.
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

The summary of the Time Cube theory is that the guy thought too hard about timezones and blew his mind trying to reconcile the difference between local and global time. Basically, he's saying that there's always two places which are 6 hours off (in opposite directions) and one place which is 12 hours off from you. OMG, revolutionary.

Not too different from the thinking which causes such silly thoughts as going back in time by traveling West at 2000MPH, or by having Superman spin the Earth backwards, though. Or the denouement to <cite>Around the World in 80 Days</cite>.
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

yeah, i went back and read a little bit more of it, and came to the basic conclusion that the guy is either a raving lunatic or is trying very hard (but not succeeding) to be funny. OMG these famous institutions are all EVIL because they will not let him come and lecture there -- they are trying to suppress the true knowledge of the world from this guy who, it is quite obvious from his writing, is the wisest human alive.

dear dude: the planet is round, and as it turns, there is a neverending cycle of night/day and time passing as any given spot on the planet turns toward or away from the sun. "time zones" or "greenwich time" is just a convenient way of keeping track of the time which has been imposed to standardise it. but in actuality, it can't be broken down into four corners as you insist on doing... being spherical, there is an infinite number of points on the planet, and as it turns, sunrise and sunset are happening in a slightly different location every minute of the day... so there could possibly be an infinite number of corners in your cube thing. (that reminds me of the something awful parody, which was included on the page kapitano linked to).

oh and p.s.: vital flaw in your theory, sunrise and sunset are not evenly spaced throughout the day. there is a shorter time interval between them in the winter, longer in the summer... if sunrise was 6am and sunset at 6pm, then your sunrise-midday-sunset-midnight four-corner thing might carry some weight. but as it is, that is not a square/cube.
Kapitano
Push Comes to Shove
Recording Method: Reason, Reaper and Reused Reality.
Submitting as: Kapitano

Post by Kapitano »

tviyh wrote:the guy is either a raving lunatic or is trying very hard (but not succeeding) to be funny.
It may help to know that Gene Ray never goes anywhere without at least one member of his family. He tries, but they won't let him. He's always got a chaperone to make sure he doesn't do anything <i>too</i> stupid.
<a href="http://kapitano.me.uk/">Kapitano's Site of Musical Stuff (Under Construction)</a>
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

tviyh wrote:oh and p.s.: vital flaw in your theory, sunrise and sunset are not evenly spaced throughout the day. there is a shorter time interval between them in the winter, longer in the summer... if sunrise was 6am and sunset at 6pm, then your sunrise-midday-sunset-midnight four-corner thing might carry some weight. but as it is, that is not a square/cube.
To be fair, that <em>is</em> the case at the equator.
drë
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar
Recording Method: protools
Submitting as: Andre was here at Midnight

Post by drë »

<B>I TOTALLY GET IT:</B>
With the help of advance computer generated graphics I totally understand Gene's super advance theory... therefore am not an evil educated stupid human.