Total votes: 35
GlennCase
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Yes
Recording Method: Incorrect methods
Submitting as: Glenn Case
Pronouns: he/him

Post by GlennCase »

Mo is SO dreamy, that Dreamy Mo in the Commoners are no longer the only band to say so!

I present to you... A LIVE COVER of DMATC's "I Don't Like Eggplant" by Plat's band (Whose band name I do not yet know...Sorry, Plat. I couldn't find the band name.)

UPDATE: The band name is The Voice of Platoliostess Nau

Voice on bass, Dylan Nau and Mostess on guitar, JL on drums, Bolio on vocals and Bolio and Plat on keyboard.

Click <a href="http://www.dillfrog.com/sponge/noise/so ... 3">here</a> to hear it.

How freeking cool is that?!?!

ROCK!

Glenn (DR FUNK)
Last edited by GlennCase on Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
GlennCase
Ice Cream Man

Post by GlennCase »

Mo's Dreamy Status stays intact, Thanks in part to the brand new Dreamy Mo and the Commoners <a href="http://www.myspace.com/dreamymoandtheco ... myspace</a> and <a href="http://dreamymo.multiply.com/" target="blank">multiply</a> accounts.

ROCK!

Glenn (DR FUNK)
http://glenncase.songhole.org
anti-m
Ice Cream Man
Submitting as: Anti-m, Jeplexe

Post by anti-m »

Bwaaaah ha ha! I only just now found this via Glenn's post. Mo, I can't believe songfight has a thread dedicated to your dreaminess!

Of course Mo is dreamy. (Duh!)

(I doubt Mo can read my affirmation of his dreaminess in China, or wherever the heck he is now... but it's the thought that counts, right??)
GlennCase
Ice Cream Man

Post by GlennCase »

anti-m wrote:Bwaaaah ha ha! I only just now found this via Glenn's post. Mo, I can't believe songfight has a thread dedicated to your dreaminess!

Of course Mo is dreamy. (Duh!)

(I doubt Mo can read my affirmation of his dreaminess in China, or wherever the heck he is now... but it's the thought that counts, right??)
Heh!

He will probably find out about it, because I do keep in contact with him at times, and he tends to come out of hiding when Dreamy Mo and the Commoners re-surface.

Of course, it's normally to make THREATS, but nevertheless... I'll make mention of this thread if I talk to him soon.

ROCK!

Glenn (DR FUNK)
anti-m
Ice Cream Man

Post by anti-m »

GlennCase wrote:I'll make mention of this thread if I talk to him soon.
Cool! Although, a friend of mine recently visited China and found that large swaths of the internet were only intermittently available... Not sure if that was just uh... "user error" or a genuine problem.

She couldn't access her blog, and liked to speculate that the Chinese government had banned access to her site "because she must have accidentally said something subversive." Heh. If her (joking) tinfoil hat theory is correct, then Songfight doesn't stand a chance!

--Em
GlennCase
Ice Cream Man

Post by GlennCase »

anti-m wrote: Cool! Although, a friend of mine recently visited China and found that large swaths of the internet were only intermittently available... Not sure if that was just uh... "user error" or a genuine problem.

She couldn't access her blog, and liked to speculate that the Chinese government had banned access to her site "because she must have accidentally said something subversive." Heh. If her (joking) tinfoil hat theory is correct, then Songfight doesn't stand a chance!
You raise a good point, and it HAS been a long time since I have actually talked to him. Last I heard, he was working on making a movie. Maybe he just doesn't get internet in <a href="http://www.eatmycomix.com/06.01.31.html ... blank">his current location.</a>

That, or I finally pushed this thread too far! If that's the case he will NOT like the new song that may or may not be coming soon.

ROCK!

Glenn (DR FUNK)
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band

Post by jb »

songfight <3's mo. songfight misses mo.
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

Hey Anti-M,
You know Mo?

(That might be a silly question. It would be like asking if someone knows Jesus or the Kool Aid Man. But still I ask.)
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
anti-m
Ice Cream Man

Post by anti-m »

Niveous wrote:Hey Anti-M,
You know Mo?

(That might be a silly question. It would be like asking if someone knows Jesus or the Kool Aid Man. But still I ask.)
I am certain that Mo is incredibly flattered to be considered up there in that esteemed pantheon that includes both the Kool Aid Man and Jesus.

(Love the avatar, btw!)

I know Mo, but I've not seen in, like, a millyun years... so do I REALLY know Mo? (Does anyone REALLY know Mo?)
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

i knew mo once. but i know mo no mo.
Hi!
GlennCase
Ice Cream Man

Post by GlennCase »

Please send good vibes to Shanghai. Mo has injured his chord making hand.

This is not a joke. Just chatted with him tonight on Yahoo messenger. He cut a nerve to his ring finger on a broken wineglass, he had surgery on his hand, he can't feel his ring finger, and it will be about six months before he knows if the feeling will come back.

He seems to be in good spirits overall, but it would royally suck if his playing ability suffered as a result of this (much less the ability to feel his freaking finger!)

I'll see if I can convince him to post to this thread in one-handed fashion, so he can tell you in his own words.

rock.

glenn (dr funk)
anti-m
Ice Cream Man

Post by anti-m »

GlennCase wrote:Please send good vibes to Shanghai. Mo has injured his chord making hand.

This is not a joke. Just chatted with him tonight on Yahoo messenger. He cut a nerve to his ring finger on a broken wineglass
Mo! You can't start a barfight with a wineglass!

In all seriousness, that freakin' sucks.

:cry:

I can't imagine Mo without guitar in hand. I refuse to imagine that it could happen. HE WILL RECOVER. Mo will shred again.
sausage boy
bono
bono
Instruments: Bass, Vocals, Terrible drum machine, even worse harmonica
Recording Method: Creative Recorder, ModPlug Tracker and Audacity

Post by sausage boy »

Guitar playing is actually considered therapy for many hand injuries.

So there is much hope.
mo
Mean Street
Instruments: guitar, bass, synth
Recording Method: Reaper 4eva
Submitting as: duboce triangle, ellipsis, agony sauce, moody vermin, spite, yaks

just in case anyone cares

Post by mo »

i've had the cast off for like a month now, and while the scar doesn't look like it's going to melt away, i have pretty close to full motion in my hand, although it gets sore kind of quickly. however, i still have next to no feeling whatsoever in my finger, which is kind of fucked up. i have this nasty habit of putting the finger in the middle of a lighter flame to see if any sensation has come back yet. come to think of it, that might be counterproductive. i'll stop that...tomorrow.

(nope, nothing)

playing guitar is fucking weird when one of your fingers just doesn't exist. i mean, the muscle memory is still good, but there's this mental disconnect between what i think i should hear from the instrument and what actually comes out, because my brain is telling me that my ring finger is just hanging out, not pressing a string. then again, i should probably discount about half of everything my brain tells me anyway. stupid brain. IT LIES

ok, enough of the narcissism. please go back to your regularly scheduled lives.

ps. hey mle! i saw it only took you a couple of tries to win one of these. congrats!

pps. no movie quotes. i'm too wiped out and sick of thinking about scripts. thanks for the well-wishing and does anyone know where the hell all of my equipment went to? i'm looking to get a band together out here. probably called chairman mo and the communist party girls. well, until i think of something better.
anti-m
Ice Cream Man

Post by anti-m »

Mooooooooo! Er, rather, not “Mooâ€
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

"chairman mo" is super-awesome. as long as the chinese google-censors allow it, i guess.

i'd had an interesting thought during a recent side-fight, and planned on trying to enlist some folks to form kind of a sequal to "dreamy mo", except with a twist. i won't reveal any more details in case at some future time i decide to be less lazy than i am now.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

mo, good to hear from you. Good to hear you are healing. I was just in a bike / Car accident less than two weeks ago and my left wrist got broken. (I was the one on the bike)

Docs are talking surgery...yet, I can tell it's healing... I guess they say it's healing badly...but I threw off the splint as it was starting to cut into me. Since then, no more cutting..no more excessive weight on my neck from the sling and it has also stopped swelling so badly that I can even type now.

yes, enough narcismsmmssms and I'm glad to hear that YOU are healing and playing again.

Note: Your dreaminess has recently been challenged. You might look into that.
mo
Mean Street
Submitting as: duboce triangle, ellipsis, agony sauce, moody vermin, spite, yaks

Post by mo »

dude, for some bizarre hannibal lecteryjamie gumb-y kind of reason, glenn et al. are the ones who care about my purported dreaminess. i have come to some peace on the subject by realizing that "dreaminess" doesn't have to mean "beauty." it could just be my propensity to dream a lot, or to show up in other people's dreams. hopefully the latter, because that sounds more fun.

hobs, sorry to hear about yer bones. i'll just suggest that if the docs are talking surgery, there might be a good reason for it? i know someone here who broke a toe and didn't bother with the recommended surgery because hey, it's a fucking toe - the little one at that. but as it turns out, the toe healed all crooked and gross and now her balance is slightly screwy. not something that stops you from daily life, but enough to be confusing.

as for the band name, my real issue with that name is that i don't like being so front and center. obviously i'm doing what i always do and am trying to find someone else who can actually sing (or just have a lot of personality) to front the band. i will probably end up playing bass, because of the basic math of the 13098738:1 guitar player to bass player ratio, which is a mathematical constant everywhere in the universe.
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

one listen to duboce triangle's cover of jon eric's "too goth to rock" should be enough to dispel the rumor that mo can't sing.
Hi!
GlennCase
Ice Cream Man

Post by GlennCase »

It's long overdue.

Mo will return to this thread to talk about baseball in 3.....2......

ROCK!

Glenn Case
mo
Mean Street

i hate glenn

Post by mo »

since glenn has only just figured out that johnny demon is now a MFY (that's motherf***ing yankee to the uninitiated), i think it's time to go over a couple of things.

1. yes, i admit the red sox are trying to be as evil as the yankees
2. i don't care as long as the on-field product is awesome
3. matsuzaka throws any pitch in any count
4. there is apparently hard scientific evidence that glenn poops out his nose

also, if you know anyone in china who wants to be on tv, send them to http://www.mycupid.com.cn , it's the dating show i'm directing. we just shot 4 episodes and i am now in editing. which also means that i could use some rights-free music (i have almost no budget for sound), hint hint.

ps. i still hate yook more.
mo
Mean Street

Post by mo »

oh, also in case anyone cares, i will never regain full sensation in my finger, which basically means i actually have to look at the fretboard now.

but it doesn't stop the guitaring!