SongWar: The Extra-long Fight (The Jig (Is Up))

Discuss the many little competitions/projects that spring up amongst the Song Fight community.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

Yes - I'll definately be in this.
Last edited by Caravan Ray on Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Eddiebangs
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Recording Method: Vegas 8, Cubasex3, Delta 1010, Wavelab etc...
Submitting as: Eddiebangs, Big Seed DNA

Post by Eddiebangs »

I *MIGHT* be in this one. I have over committed myself to so many things in the last two months, I haven't even done a regular fight in weeks! BUT, I think in January I will have some free time to do this. I'd be open to a new collab too, if anyone is interested...
Be my friend
or you suck
Denyer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Dunlop KT-26
Submitting as: Ross Durand

Post by Denyer »

OYEAH SIXTY MINUTE SONG. At 12kbps.
Sober
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Mandolin, hammond, dobro, banjo
Recording Method: Pro Tools
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Sober »

This sounds like the rock.
🤠
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

I think that means sober is in...
Kapitano
Push Comes to Shove
Recording Method: Reason, Reaper and Reused Reality.
Submitting as: Kapitano

Post by Kapitano »

I'm thinking of a 12 minute synthesiser epic. Imagine Jean Michel Jarre with vocals. You have been warned.
<a href="http://kapitano.me.uk/">Kapitano's Site of Musical Stuff (Under Construction)</a>
Leaf
Jump
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

Kapitano wrote:I'm thinking of a 12 minute synthesiser epic. Imagine Jean Michel Jarre with vocals. You have been warned.

....JMJ with vocals? On a rooftop? That'd be totally cool man... I expect to be tripped right out!
Kamakura
Panama
Instruments: Drums, Guitar, Keys, Howling
Recording Method: LogicPro on a clapped out Mac, or Studio One on PC
Submitting as: Kamakura
Pronouns: he/him/idiot

Post by Kamakura »

Kapitano wrote:I'm thinking of a 12 minute synthesiser epic. Imagine Jean Michel Jarre with vocals. You have been warned.
Warning accepted and bleedin' wow! This I can't wait to hear.
NeilThrun
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by NeilThrun »

Ah dang I'm too late for the madi jokes.

uh.. well.. madi's hot!

On a side note ill see what I can do for this.
Dan-O from Five-O
Panama
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Drums, Mandolin all graded on a sliding scale
Recording Method: Mixer to a Fostex D-160

Post by Dan-O from Five-O »

Definitely interested, the longer time period favors my tendency toward the late submission. May have to try solo and band collaborated submissions on this, or just focus on beating the clock. It really, really depends on the title. I've been particularly uninspired by what's come up lately on the regular fights, so Jim I'm counting on your source to come up with something good. Personally I see nothing wrong with Madi deciding the title. As Leaf suggested, that child inspired input could prove to be very refreshing. I guess I'll commit or not once the title comes out.
jb wrote:Dan-O has a point.
JB
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

Leaf wrote:I think that means sober is in...
Yeah? Why would he be in <i>THIS</i> fight anyways?

<font size="1">referencing to his known fighting technique</font>
Jim of Seattle
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Keyboards
Recording Method: Cakewalk, EastWest Play, Adobe Audition, Windows
Submitting as: Jim of Seattle, Ants (Invisible), Madi Singer/Songwriter, Restless Events

Post by Jim of Seattle »

My song title source:

His name is Bill. He lives in Denver. He is separated with two kids, whom he raises by himself. He collects disability for chronic arthritis. He's on food stamps. He's in Narcotics Anonymous for a prior crystal meth addication. He's got a penchant for female rockers. Gigantic Aimee Mann, Juliana Hatfield and Carpenters fan. Also loves the Monkees. Not a musician. Fantastic artist and writer, though. Currently getting a degree in 3D animation through a government assistance program. One of the funniest guys I've ever met. We've been nest friends since we were 14. We met in a Star Trek fan club. We used to write comic books. (Mine were operas also.) His comic book superhero was Smear Man, who had no special powers but liked to believe he did.
Here's my record label page thingie with stuff about me if you are so interested: https://greenmonkeyrecords.com/jim-of-seattle/
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

whoa. Jim, you belong to a Star Trek Fan club???? HAve you seen that Futurama episode....
Jim of Seattle
Ice Cream Man
Submitting as: Jim of Seattle, Ants (Invisible), Madi Singer/Songwriter, Restless Events

Post by Jim of Seattle »

We were in the club when we were teenagers, which, I am loathe to admit, was in the 1970's. But I can still name every single original series episode. We were into Star Trek before it was socially acceptable to be into Star Trek. Before there were even movies. We were cool (we like to tell ourselves).

Someday, when he's back on his feet and can afford it, he'll have a computer and will be way into Songfight, I suspect.

Oh, and I have seen that Futurama episode. Bill called me to watch it, in fact.
Here's my record label page thingie with stuff about me if you are so interested: https://greenmonkeyrecords.com/jim-of-seattle/
Jim of Seattle
Ice Cream Man

Post by Jim of Seattle »

BUMP

The SongWar (aka Longfight) begins Monday. I will present the title, then y'all have 3 weeks to come up with something.

REMEMBER, THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU TO DO THOSE COLLABORATIONS OTHER OTHER LONG-TERM PROJECTS YOU'VE BEEN WANTING TO DO BUT DIDN'T HAVE THE TIME. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE PERMITTED.

You will be hosting your own song and PMing me with a link to it. More close to the deadline. Title sometime tomorrow!
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

Swwwweeeettttttt.
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

Title??

I SAW you were cruising this thread Jim!! I SAW!! Let's get it on bigboy!!
tonetripper
Mean Street
Instruments: Bass, Vocals, Guitar, Drums, Sitar, Theremin, Lap Steel, Djembe
Recording Method: Cubase 6, Live 7, Reason 5, UAD 2, MOTU Ultralite, Mackie 1620i onyx
Submitting as: tonetripper, redcar, gert, draft and others

Post by tonetripper »

I'm in... for sure.... seems like fun and it'll give me a chance to deal with my upgrades which are plaguing my creative energy at the moment..... that and work.

Hey Jim how about a collab with you and me and a couple of others?

Redcar?

HC? If you ain't in baby land.

;p
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

if jim is dispensing the title, he shouldn't be allowed to fight. can't have your cake and eat it too.
Hi!
Jim of Seattle
Ice Cream Man

Post by Jim of Seattle »

Song title just now telephoned in:

<font color=blue size = 4>The Jig (Is Up)</font>

Send me a link or links to your song or songs by January 31. I will post them on one of those newfangled "Web Page" thingies.

And yes, I'm allowed to fight, because I didn't have any advance knowledge of the title. So there!

I'm SO in for a Redcar/tonetripper collab. Anyone else?
Last edited by Jim of Seattle on Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adam!
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Drum 'n' Bass (but not THAT Drum 'n' Bass)
Recording Method: Reaper + Stock Plugins
Submitting as: Max Bombast
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Adam! »

jack shite wrote:if jim is dispensing the title, he shouldn't be allowed to fight.
Jim of Seattle wrote:<font color=blue size = 4>The Jig Is Up</font>
I have a sneaky suspicion a Jim came up with this title. How much effort is it going to take for Sober NOT to submit a highland number for this one?
erik
Jump
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle

Post by erik »

jack shite wrote:if jim is dispensing the title, he shouldn't be allowed to fight. can't have your cake and eat it too.
Since Jim is organizing the sidefight, he should set it up like he wants to. If others don't like how he has set it up, they may choose to not participate.