May 31, 2007

Complain about your schedule. Apparently people like that sort of thing.
fodroy
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: none
Recording Method: ears
Submitting as: praise muzak

Post by fodroy »

Reagan. The fact that Jolly Roger was born while Clinton was president makes me feel very old or maybe just that he is very young.

I haven't done much today. I just uploaded the rest of my Thailand pictures to facebook. And then fell asleep while my brother watched Alien.

I don't have much to do until Sunday, when I return to Muncie and work.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

Nixon. I don't remember him though. I vaguely remember Carter. I don't know if I remember the first shuttle launch, but I do remember early ones including the first shuttle disaster. The second was much easier to remember ... not just because it was more recently..but because it happened on the same day at Gasparilla Festival here in Tampa.

Today was a busy day at work. Two of our worst customers called on the same day and we had two seperate outages...both of which wasn't our fault. So, like...booo
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

I am fed up with some crap at work.

QotD: In exactly two weeks it will be the 29th anniversary of my birth, which was of course during the Carter era.
sausage boy
bono
bono
Instruments: Bass, Vocals, Terrible drum machine, even worse harmonica
Recording Method: Creative Recorder, ModPlug Tracker and Audacity

Post by sausage boy »

Born during the rule of Prime Minister Malcolm Fraser.

I have been looking forward to today. Apart from being (Aus)Friday, theres a work dinner on tonight to farewell one of our sales staff, Michelle. I have a wad of cash with me, and I am looking to eat a shit load of curry and get hammered.
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

sausage boy wrote:Born during the rule of Prime Minister Malcolm Fraser.

Unlike with JR, that's harder to figure out as Fraser was in office from 75-83. In that time frame, the US had Ford (74-77), Carter (77-81) and Reagan (81-89). But knowing your age, you would fall under the Reagan era.
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Bjam
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Singin', Guitarin', Mandolinin'

Post by Bjam »

I was born during Bush Sr and Thatcher. First PM I really remember is Major, and the first prez is Clinton(although only 'cause of Lewinsky).

Today I almost got kidnapped by some people. :D I was outside during art class, painting landscapes, and was sitting down about 5 meters from the road on this big grassy bit near the bus circle. The French class were about 25 meters away playing bocce. Anyway, this pick up truck pulls up and stops next to me, I'm sort of leery, because there are probably 7-10 guys just sitting in the bed of the truck staring at me. This guy comes out and starts asking me stuff in Spanish. I've never taken Spanish, so I just went, "Uh, no habla espanol?" and did a lot of shrugging and pointing away from me. So after a few minutes they go away, and I thank god I'm alive.

But then 10 minutes later they turn up again and this fat white guy comes and says, "Oh sorry, they don't speak English, they're from Mexico" and I go "oh, uh, okay". He starts shoving Mapquest directions into my face and ask where some street is, and he says "Oh, can you come and explain to my driver". At this point I start to plan my escape. "well, my shoes and glasses are off, but I'm not gonna grab everything when I run away, but I'll take my painting because I've worked on it for weeks, but how am I gonna get up and run away when I'm in a dress because it'll fly up, and should I run towards the school or away because they might follow me, but I have my cellphone so I can just call for help, but I can't let them see that I have a cellphone, and I have bobby pins in my hair so I can pick any locks, and..." etc. Anyway, eventually the French teacher called me over and saved me, so I walked very quickly away from the scary people. After 5-10 minutes of all the guys in the car just staring at me and the French class they eventually drove off.

That was pretty much the highlight of my day :D

Now I'm watching Spelling Bee and getting entranced by these wonderfully smart little kids. Tonight I have to memorize speeches from Jaws and Clueless for US class. Good times.
Songfighter since back in the day.
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

Bjam wrote: Tonight I have to memorize speeches from Jaws and Clueless for US class. Good times.
is it that scene from jaws where quint and the richard dreyfuss character are sitting in the cabin telling "war stories"?
Hi!
Bjam
Ice Cream Man

Post by Bjam »

jack wrote:
Bjam wrote: Tonight I have to memorize speeches from Jaws and Clueless for US class. Good times.
is it that scene from jaws where quint and the richard dreyfuss character are sitting in the cabin telling "war stories"?
yup! Everyone else is doing boring inaugural speeches or some crap like that ;)
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

ha. i'd love to hear your dad tell that story! (the quint one....) :)
Hi!
Ross
Jump
Instruments: Guitar, Vox, Bass, Tuned glasses, etc...
Recording Method: Logic on a Macbook.
Submitting as: Ross Durand

Post by Ross »

Hoblit wrote:I don't know if I remember the first shuttle launch,..
I attended the first landing April 14, 1981 I believe it was. Edwards air force base, CA.
"I don't like this song, but at least it's good." - veGetar Ianra Ge
http://www.rossdurandmusic.com
Spud
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, eHorn
Submitting as: Octothorpe

Post by Spud »

"I only listen to good music. And Octothorpe." - Marcus Kellis
Song Fight! The Rockening
king_arthur
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar, vocals, bass, BIAB, keyboards (synth anything)
Recording Method: Tascam DP-24SD
Submitting as: King Arthur
Pronouns: he/him

Post by king_arthur »

Oh, yeah, the new guy. I remember him. I liked him.

Charles (KA)
"...one does not write in dactylic hexameter purely by accident..." - poetic designs
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

Caravan Ray wrote:I was born during the very brief Prime Ministership of [url=http://en.[CENSORED].org/wiki/Harold_Holt]Harold "All the way with LBJ" Holt[/url]. The most Aussie of all the Prime Ministers, HH was a surfer dude and ladies man, loved getting about in his budgie smugglers. The only PM to "go missing" while in office - and never be found again. Did he simply drown doing something really dumb - or did he rendevous with a Chinese sumbarine? Only big Harold knows the truth.
...of course, I forgot the coolest thing about Harold Holt. That is, he is the only Prime Minister to enter the language as rhyming slang, ie:

To do the Harold
= to do the Harold Holt
= to do the bolt
= to leave suddenly and/or unexpectedly

which, considering that is how Harold actually left us on that day on Cheviot Beach - makes that a truly wonderful little expression.

and of course - what memorial does one leave to a drowned Prime Minister? A memorial swimming pool!
Steve Durand
Panama
Instruments: trumpet, trombone, sax, clarinet, flute, keyboards, banjo, guitar, bass, ukulele
Recording Method: SONAR 6, Dell Inspiron E1705, Edirol UA-25, Studio Projects B-1 Mic
Submitting as: Steve Durand, Elastic Waste Band

Post by Steve Durand »

QOTD:

Ike Eisenhower
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture" -Unknown
"Seems to me this is the point of Songfight" - Max The Cat
Ross
Jump

Post by Ross »

Niveous wrote:
jolly roger wrote:Honestly, I don't know who was president when I was born, but I know that Jean Cretien was Prime Minister of Canada!
President Clinton. His stay was from 1993-2001. Chretien's stay was from 1993-2003. So unless you're really really young, it was Clinton.
Wait, so Jolly Roger is only 14 or younger?
Steve Durand
Panama
Instruments: trumpet, trombone, sax, clarinet, flute, keyboards, banjo, guitar, bass, ukulele
Recording Method: SONAR 6, Dell Inspiron E1705, Edirol UA-25, Studio Projects B-1 Mic
Submitting as: Steve Durand, Elastic Waste Band

Post by Steve Durand »

jolly roger wrote:Honestly, I don't know who was president when I was born, but I know that Jean Cretien was Prime Minister of Canada!
Hey, wait a minute. This means that you are only 14 years old at most!!! Is that true????

Steve

PS Oh, Ross beat me to it by a few seconds.
Last edited by Steve Durand on Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture" -Unknown
"Seems to me this is the point of Songfight" - Max The Cat
Ross
Jump

Post by Ross »

Great minds........
Bjam
Ice Cream Man

Post by Bjam »

That is some creepy sibling action there.