It's a GIRL!!!!

Links and other hanky panky that doesn't have to do with anything in particular.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Re: It's a GIRL!!!!

Post by Caravan Ray »

dre wrote:
TheHipCola wrote:Hey everyone!

I'm going to try my best to not only write lullabyes, but man oh man, I feel a lullabye wrting session coming on, replete with sappy Daddy's little girl type lyrics and everything... I don't think I have any choice! :)
Congratulations,

And don’t worries about going over board with the lullaby’s, cause if theres anything that’s missing around here; are songs with actual heartfelt emotions.
...but not songs that induce sleep
thehipcola
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: The things what make sounds.
Recording Method: LA610mk2 into UAD Apollo 8p into Cubase/LUNA/Reaper/Ableton/Reason/Maschine
Submitting as: thehipcolaredcargertFlamingTigershotpounderOGLawnDartsFussyBritchesGapingMaw

Post by thehipcola »

Now that's funny, CR. Nice one...and great pic of your baby girl, btw!

:)
thehipcola
Ice Cream Man
Recording Method: LA610mk2 into UAD Apollo 8p into Cubase/LUNA/Reaper/Ableton/Reason/Maschine
Submitting as: thehipcolaredcargertFlamingTigershotpounderOGLawnDartsFussyBritchesGapingMaw

Post by thehipcola »

so as I've been getting used to life as a new parent, I've done a pile of reading on soothing of newborns and infants, how to deal with the trying bouts of screaming and crying, to find those things that sooth a baby.

I've discovered that white noise at a louder-than-you'd expect volume works very well. It simulates the sound of fluid rushing around the baby in the womb, and they love it! So I blended a some waterfall samples and white noise and looped it and it worked great.

But my wife doesn't like it...and to be fair, it's annoying as hell. So I decided to find some other solution..and decided I'd try coming up with something that is soothing to BOTH baby and parents, meaning it might get used more often. I came up with water sounds (my daughter loves the tap running), so I purchased some high quality ocean surf samples, arranged them in a nice flowing pattern and added some nice acoustic guitar and mellow incidental keyboards throughout.

This has worked brilliantly! She loves it, and it can snap a screamfest from full-throttle to ZERO in no time.

So I'm thinking, I don't really want to work my job anymore, maybe I could sell these things as a CD for $5. At $5, I'd only have to sell thousands of them so I could justify quitting. :) Posted my first ads last week, have 2 (thats right, two) orders already. Gonna vertical market this puppy, I'm hittin' my massage therapist tomorrow night with it. I would like nothing better than to earn just enough $ that I could stay home and take care of my daughter. What a concept...

Wish me luck!

Cheers!
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

Shame on you, profiting from your children!! Who are you, Martha Stewart? Gonna have her make you Nikes now???

Cool IDEA hipster, I wish you luck on that one....also, I notice you're on the message boards a heeluva lot more than pre-baby times!!! Muhhawhahaha.

Now you know why all these parents live on the internet....the children!!! The CHILDREN!

...for some reason I'm gettting images of Children of the Corn now....

Anwyay, you are quite the entrepernealial dude. I didn't even try to spell that right. That's what we call a deliberate typo...
thehipcola
Ice Cream Man

Post by thehipcola »

THanks dude!

How many cases would you like? ;)

and the time on the boards is due to an ever increasing lack of interest in my job.... :)
Leaf
Jump
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

TheHipCola wrote:THanks dude!

and the time on the boards is due to an ever increasing lack of interest in my job.... :)

HAHA!!!! No Doubt!

I'm sure we all could say that eh?

I find sometimes I hang out here as major stress relief from work... right now the owners and two top bosses are away in Vietnam for a month, so the plant is in disarray as different people jockey for power... amusing actually...

If we ever have another kid, I would get one... maybe you'll need a western Canadian distributor though, hmmm....?
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

it's all about the marketing...... you need a hip name to go after the right angle. think "easy fix for crying baby".... of course you could also create a "series" of mp3s and have them available on your website for a buck a pop :)

CryAway. ePacifier. Babylude. you get the idea :)
Hi!
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

Babylude!!!!

I like that one... you could sell it with a string of beads and a bottle of patchouli....
jack
Hot for Teacher

Post by jack »

well, if people are so freaking dumb as to buy those ridiculous air fresheners that you plug to watch it puff smoke, or worse yet, the CD kind that has a different scent for your mood du jour. this same junk that will smell so swell, wasting resources, sitting in landfills. i have a better idea. how about a candle?

if people are dumb enough to buy that shit, they will buy anything with the right spin.
Hi!
thehipcola
Ice Cream Man

Post by thehipcola »

I like Babylude alot! I went with Booty Tunes for the ipo, but we'll see where it goes.

3 orders now... that's $15 smackers kids! I'm almost there....

thehipcola
Ice Cream Man

Post by thehipcola »

jack shite wrote:well, if people are so freaking dumb as to buy those ridiculous air fresheners that you plug to watch it puff smoke, or worse yet, the CD kind that has a different scent for your mood du jour. this same junk that will smell so swell, wasting resources, sitting in landfills. i have a better idea. how about a candle?

if people are dumb enough to buy that shit, they will buy anything with the right spin.
hope you're not implying that my potential customer's profile is that of the dumb-ass people who buy that crap... ? ;)

Really honestly, this works. (like those wine agers....DOH. :) ) I wouldn't put my name on it if it didn't. (like as if my name is somehow synonomous with quality products that never fail... )

:D
jack
Hot for Teacher

Post by jack »

i wasn't implying that your idea was dumb rob. more like genius. :lol:
Hi!
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

AHHHHH!!!!!!! HE CALLED YOU BY YOUR REAL NAME!!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!

...quick, call CSIS...we've found our man....
thehipcola
Ice Cream Man

Post by thehipcola »

umm...Rob? who's Rob? I don't know any Rob...there's no Rob here.. Maybe you meant Rob Zombie? Yah he's cool....

...yep, just me here. THC....
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

The whitenoise and ambient stuff never worked with my kids, especially M. But y'know what did work? Two things would calm him down- "Toxicity" by System of A Down and the Indiana Jones theme. (Not at the same time, mind you)
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
thehipcola
Ice Cream Man

Post by thehipcola »

HaHA! System, eh? My wife hasn't let me near any audio playback device with anything in hand that hasn't been pre-screened. Suffice it to say, System doesn't pass the screening....

{rubs hands together}...yet. I'm taking time off later this year....hmmm.....

Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

Yes - we found at first the worst thing for wakeing a baby up was silence - they hate it.

We used to go to the pictures a lot when Harri was first born - dark, noisy rooms are perfect for sleeping babies (best to go to see kids movies though if possible - then if baby does wake up - the crying won't piss people off too much)

Now Harri is 7 months old though - it doesn't work any more. We took her to see The Incredibles the other day - the load noise and bright colours seemed to freak her out.

Playing guitar is my tip for putting babies to sleep - loud Iggy & the Stooges/Raidio Birdman-style-Detroit-surf rock. They get engrossed by the feel of the beat and the movement of you hands and body - then just drift off to sleep.
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

Live bands that M has fall asleep during-

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs (Siren Festival 2002)
!!! (Siren Festival 2003)

He almost fell asleep during The Fiery Furnances performance at Siren 2004 but I woke him to go eat lunch. Note- He wasn't even 1 yet for YYY so he was going to sleep regardless. !!!, on the other hand, bored him to sleep. Who will be the 2005 winner of the "Puts M the Heatmiser to sleep" award? We'll see.
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
fodroy
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: none
Recording Method: ears
Submitting as: praise muzak

Post by fodroy »

the yeah yeah yeahs have that same effect on me.
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

Niveous wrote:Live bands that M has fall asleep during-...
i quite nearly fell asleep while lying on the lawn during linkin park's set at the 2001 ozzfest. fwiw.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono

Post by Caravan Ray »

Harri The Axe - cutting loose