New Hampshire!

Go ahead, get it off your chest.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

Sober wrote:what about people born on vacation/military bases (I think people born on-base are American, but people born off-base get the shaft?)? My mother was in Mexico 3 days before I was born. I wouldn't want something like that to keep me from the highest office.
It wouldn't. If you are born of an American Citizen while abroad, you are able to become an American Citizen as long as your folks fill out the proper paper work. (If I'm not mistaken, this makes it quite easy to hold dual citizenship and I have no idea what the U.S. President take on that angle would be)

Being born on a U.S. military base does NOT secure citizenship. The same rules above apply though. (and its probably easier to obtain the paper work)

<font size="1"><i>My cousin was born in Germany while his mom was living there near where his father was stationed in the Air Force.</i></font>
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

as a longtime californicator, i can say arnold's been a pretty good governor. better than the 2 before him. i think he'd like to run for president but obviously can't. but i wouldn't be surprised to see him run for senator. he's also got too many skeletons in his closet to be president. but if law allowed it, he'd definitely run, be courted by the republicans, and would beat any of the existing republican candidates. it would be interesting. frankly, i had little faith in the guy from the beginning but he's done alright, and has seemingly improved the bipartisanship of the state legislature.
Hi!