I beat Gyruss once.
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Re: the Super Smash Bros. Brawl thread

Post by Niveous »

fluffy wrote: Also, personally I think Snake's final smash is really ridiculously cheap. Not the worst of course (Olimar and Kirby are both way the hell worse on the cheapness scale) but as far as the ones which require a semblance of skill goes it's still pretty much a giant middle finger.
My top 5 final smashes:

1. Samus- Power Suit
It's like a black hole, but still takes some skill to pull off.
2. Zelda/Shiek- Light Arrow
Beating a friend with the light arrow is an awesome feeling.
3. Samus- Zero Laser
On the right board, this can be just sadistic.
4. Marth- Critical Hit
Sure you'll self-destruct but you will take them with you.
5. Ike- Great Aether
Go grab a sandwich, it'll be a while before he finishes cutting the victim to ribbons. Just watch where you're landing!

My bottom 5 final smashes:

1. Sonic- Super Sonic.
You will run to your death, yellow hedgehog.
2. Peach- Peach Blossom
Now they sleep. And now what. (If she's doing this move, just walk off screen and return when she's done or float if you can)
3. R.O.B.- Diffusion Beam
It's like the curry but a final smash. Yawn.
4. Diddy Kong- Rocketbarrel Rampage
There is nothing good about Diddy Kong
5. Donkey Kong- Konga Beat
I can never get this crap to work right.

I'm not a big fan of Kirby's but it's not the worst. Olimar's, if you can get it with him, good for you, you deserve it. Plus, the concept is hilarious. Olimar flies off and leaves you to be devoured by wild animals.
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

Just unlocked Sonic (who, by the way, doesn't suck. He's not awesome like Game & Watch or Snake; he's just decent).

Now all I need is Ganondorf, Toon Link, Wolf, and Jigglypuff. Not too terribly much to look forward to, though I did really like Wolf the one time I got to play as him.

I've been trying to tackle the challenges wall, but the majority of the remaining hints read: "Clear ???? on hard difficulty." "Clear ???? with all characters." "Clear the ???? Event." Or else they're things like "Play 300 hours of brawls," which obviously I can't do all at once. Come on now, all I want is a few more stages to play on, maybe some new songs. Is that so much to ask?

I wish I had more local friends to play with, because I know that before too long I'm going to run out of things to do in single-player modes, and the replay value isn't much without some friends to play with over some pizza and beer.
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

If you get into doing the challenges then they'll keep you busy. I got hooked on collecting the trophies so that's what has kept me playing because I want a full set.
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost