JoCo Cruise 2019 - The Fun Continues. Anyone booked/going?

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
BoffoYux
Panama
Instruments: Keys, Clunking, SFX and Strings
Recording Method: Audacity, Adobe, and other 'A' titled software
Submitting as: Boffo Yux Dudes

JoCo Cruise 2019 - The Fun Continues. Anyone booked/going?

Post by BoffoYux »

I'm booked again for the JoCo Cruise in 2019 for March 9 -16th out of Fort Lauderdale. They've already reached Max capacity 9 months early.

They Might Be Giants doing a concert at Puerto Rico, and the 'My Brother, My Brother and Me' clan are probably the main reason for the sell out.
They're also limiting expanded people in your cabins that are already booked, so I'm expecting it'll be packed to the gills.

I'm going to attempt to do another shadow panel about internet musicians. It's usually SpinTunes based, but if some SongFighters/Nur Ein artists will be on, I'd love to expand the scope.

Anyone signed up? Past Nur Ein-ers include Glen Raphael and Boffo Yux Dudes

Tommy G
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Re: JoCo Cruise 2019 - The Fun Continues. Anyone booked/going?

Post by Lunkhead »

Dang, sold out already?! Wow. Seems like maybe they need to start doing two cruises per year. ;) This is on my list of things I'd really like to do some day but I guess I'm waiting till 2020. Have fun!
BoffoYux
Panama

Post by BoffoYux »

joco2020upcominglaunchbanner.jpg
joco2020upcominglaunchbanner.jpg (149.25 KiB) Viewed 4965 times
I have a few more weeks before I have to submit a request for a shadow panel on JoCo Cruise 2019. Still noodling on the format, but wanted to see if anyone else here was going to be on the boat in March. https://jococruise.com/

So far Zoe and Brian Gray are on the panel - I think this is an off year for Nur Ein's Glen Raphael.

Anyone else scheduled for the trip that would like to be a panelist? I'd like to expand and add SongFight to the topic.
BoffoYux
Panama

Post by BoffoYux »

Lunkhead wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:26 pm
Dang, sold out already?! Wow. Seems like maybe they need to start doing two cruises per year. ;) This is on my list of things I'd really like to do some day but I guess I'm waiting till 2020. Have fun!
They opened up 2020 to returning SeaMonkeys, and it's already half full, without any headliners announced. I wouldn't be surprised if it's full a year in advance when the ship docks this March.

I think I'll be taking a break in 2021 - I signed up for next year just in case, but damn, it gets expensive. But it's an awesome time.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Lunkhead »

Yeah, I saw 2020 details were already going up. Seems like I "missed the boat" (pun shamefully intended) on this. I just don't think I can book something like this over a year in advance. Oh well. Enjoy the trip in March! Post photos and please pimp Song Fight! ;)
BoffoYux
Panama

Post by BoffoYux »

Update: I decided to take a year off from doing a panel, and went into vacation mode, which helped recharge the creative batteries.

I'll do something for 2020. (Which is already 85% sold out and no headliners have been mentioned!)

The cruise was amazing fun. Wil Wheaton came on as just a guest, and we ended up playing console arcade games next to each other. He's a Mr. Do fan and wanted a high score, while I just sucked at the Joust machine next to it. High marks for the entire My Brother, My Brother and Me clan doing a lot of shows and podcasts, Sammus and the Tune Yards killing it, and an amazing interview with Jonathan Coulton and Christian Cassan on how they created the note for note soft rock covers of 'Some Guys'.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13 ... an-coulton

I loved the depth they went into the production process on how those hit songs were sone, and the choices they made in mixing something that you thought you heard on the radio, but wasn't really there in real life. If a link comes out, I'll post that panel. Jim Boggia killed on that as host and playing examples.