Nur Ein XIV, Final Round: Survival

There can be only one.
Niveous
Numanoid
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost

Nur Ein XIV, Final Round: Survival

Post by Niveous » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:54 am

The end is in sight but the true toughest challenge remains!

Submit an original song by June 17th at 12:01 AM (EDT) that fits the following criteria

Title: Survival
Challenge: Bring Your A Game

It's time for you to do whatever it is you do best. Go for broke. And this time, it's not the tastes of 5 judges you are dealing with. The finals are voted on by the judges as well as the competition who were eliminated during this year's Nur Ein.

Send your MP3 to nurein.sidefight@gmail.com

Good luck!!!!
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
glennny
Team Drizzy
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Mandolin, Dobro, Banjo, E-Bow, Glock
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene

Re: Nur Ein XIV, Final Round: Survival

Post by glennny » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:50 am

This song is more in my head than the U2 song was during Where the Streets Have No Name
Phillipso, Older Brothers, Semolina Pilchards, Zipline , Thank Glennny for the Frisbee, The Odoriferous Valley, The Worldly Self Assurance, Berkeley Social Scene, Very Gentle Knives, Daddy Bop Swing Set, GUNS, The Kraken Lives, Cavedwellers
Caravan Ray
Dingleberry
Instruments: Penis
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:16 am

Hi guys. Sorry I haven't been participating much this year.

What happened to the good old days of Nur Ein when you could just post crap and sail through to the 4th round?

I had a holiday planned this year. I did round zero at home while packing. My plan was to do crap songs for round 1 (in Paris) and round 2 (while cycling through the Loire Valley), then in round 3 I would be in a Cornwall fishing village for a week where I could concentrate a decent song. Then Round 5 back home Tooowoomba and I win.

But no...you bastards had to change things didn't you.

Imagine my delight to see effing Frankie effing Big face and offing Glenn effing Case and effing PUKE or whatever he calls himself nowadays re appears again . Too much competition!!

SCREW YOUR BASTARDS.. I dont mind being knocked out in round 1. I HAD A LOVELY HOLIDAY!!!! (it was actually fabulous - I am glad I wasn't trying to wring songs - that would have been dumb!!)
Last edited by Caravan Ray on Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caravan Ray
Dingleberry
Instruments: Penis
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:20 am

Caravan Ray wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:16 am
Hi guys. Sorry I haven't been participating much this year.

What happened to the good old days of Nur Ein when you could just post crap and sail through to the 4th round?

I had a holiday planned this year. I did round zero at home while packing. My plan was to do crap songs for round 1 (in Paris) and round 2 (while cycling through the Loire Valley), then in round 3 I would be in a Cornwall fishing village for a week where I could concentrate a decent song. Then Round 5 back home Tooowoomba and I win.

But no...you bastards had to change things didn't you.

Imagine my delight to see effing Frankie effing Big face and offing Glenn effing Case and effing PUKE or whatever he calls himself nowadays re appears again

SCREW YOUR BASTARDS.. I dont mind being knocked out in round 1. I HAD A LOVELY HOLIDAY!!!! (it was actually fabulous - I am glad I wasn't trying to wring songs - that would have been dumb!!)
Oh...and weirdly - the very strange song I did in round one which was recorded in Paris toilet could actually become useful to me - since it was written - Australia has become a neo-nazi state - so my paranoid rantings were quite prescient.

Thank you Nur Ein

It was a very strong comp this year. Well done all. See you next year.
mo
Arianator
Instruments: guitar, bass
Recording Method: behringer umc202hd, guitar rig, cubase, garageband, audition, reason
Submitting as: duboce triangle

Post by mo » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:59 pm

You guys should know that The Dead Don’t Die is a pretty fun movie. Sturgill Simpson has a pretty cool guitar in it too.
mo
Arianator
Instruments: guitar, bass
Recording Method: behringer umc202hd, guitar rig, cubase, garageband, audition, reason
Submitting as: duboce triangle

Post by mo » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:49 pm

Also you guys should know this was the first time I had to tell Gleen to turn up the guitar during my solo
Niveous
Numanoid
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost

Post by Niveous » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:24 pm

"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Lunkhead
Numanoid
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/reason/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Lunkhead » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:26 pm

Wow, great songs! Amazing work from the finalists, very impressive. Seems like after some fatigue last week you all got second winds and really went all out. Awesome!