My solo concept album...

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
shoehornTC
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Instruments: Uke
Recording Method: GarageBand
Submitting as: shoehornTC
Pronouns: he/him

My solo concept album...

Post by shoehornTC »

I'd like to thank Songfight for training me to make this record... actually some Songfight entries are in here and some that were not even submitted!!! see if you can pick them out. :)

Paul Lyme - Secret Demo Tape

Friends, After over 30 years of kicking around at the edges of the Twin Cities Music scene I’ve finally made myself a solo album! Surprise, surprise, it’s a concept album. And in keeping with my desire to blend in, I'm releasing this record as the character I’ve been playing on and off for nearly 35 years… Paul Lyme.

The first time I played Paul Lyme was at a video shoot for a boombox recording that was played on the Macalester College radio station on a Saturday night at midnight in 1987. That was also a recording of the first time I ever jammed with a band. All the songs we played were made up, on the spot, and all were original. They were some of the first songs I’d ever written.

The second time I played Paul Lyme was when we performed the rock opera “Dying to Make It” at the Southern Theater many years later. My talented friends and I wrote and produced this show which sold out the weekend it was performed.

Over the last few years, I have wondered what Paul’s life was like before the rock opera. So I had to write it all out. Right before he dies, (and the opera starts) he signs a solo major label record deal, without his band’s knowledge. To get that deal, he secretly makes a demo tape of his new songs recorded by himself in his parent’s basement, while they are at work.

So, I wrote much of this album “in character”… The sleeve says “written, recorded, mixed and produced by Paul Lyme”. It's kind of true. Only you know Paul is me, but it's not really a secret, but the demo tape? That was a secret!! Until it was discovered many years later. Now it is being released.

Paul Lyme - Secret Demo Tape is now available on all the streaming services. Here are a couple links to start you off:

Spotify: [https://open.spotify.com/album/0KUOoONQ ... =copy-link]

YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJPn1n ... bFwkFPs86Q]

Please share this with anyone you think would want to hear it !!!

This is a No Punches record.
vowlvom
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar, keys, "other"
Recording Method: PC, reaper, ableton
Submitting as: Vowl Sounds, Vom Vorton

Re: My solo concept album...

Post by vowlvom »

Just had a listen, thoroughly enjoyed this! Always a fan of your fight entries and it's really sweet hearing a full album - great tunes and wonderfully jangly guitars throughout.
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump
Instruments: Guitar
Recording Method: Br-900CD and Reaper to mix
Submitting as: Pigfarmer Jr, Evil Grin, Pork Producer, Gilmore Lynette Tootle, T.C. Elliott

Re: My solo concept album...

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

Good shit. Thanks for sharing.
Evil Grin bandcamp - Evil Grin spotify
T.C. Elliott bandcamp - T.C. Elliott spotify

"PigFramer: Guy and guitar OF MY NIGHTMARES." - Blue Lang