Halloween 2023

Complain about your schedule. Apparently people like that sort of thing.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Halloween 2023

Post by Lunkhead »

Happy Halloween everybody!

We're gearing up to have my dad and sister over for some snacks and to help give out candy to trick or treaters, like we've done the last couple years. Should be fun!
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop
Submitting as: Cock, Chth*.*, D.A.H. (Der Alter Hahn)
Pronouns: His Infernal Majesty

Re: Halloween 2023

Post by ujnhunter »

This past weekend our kid's school had a Trunk or Treat setup at the Park/Playground and we setup or Trunk to be Minecraft themed, I wore a Minecraft Pumpkin head which was a hit with all the little kids (I don't really know much about Minecraft myself other than my son really likes it, obviously). Then on Halloween Night the town had a Trunk or Treat (which we just went as Trick or Treaters this time) on the town green which was nice, much better than walking around the neighborhood in the dark with the kids. I was Jack Skellington, and again, a hit with all the kids that saw me. :P
-Ujn Hunter
Photovoltaik - Free 6 Track EP - Song Fight! Liner Notes
Billy's Little Trip wrote:I must have this....in my mouth.....now.
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

As usual I was very lazy so I set up a video projector in my car port and showed old-ass halloween cartoons and put out a bowl of candy as a free-for-all. Only a couple kids came by and took candy and of course they took all the best stuff. Earlier today my weird neighbor asked me about it and I offered him some of my leftover candy and he picked through it and took all the stuff I wanted to keep and left me with nothing but chocolate tootsie rolls. Probably for the best since I eat too much candy as it is.
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump
Instruments: Guitar
Recording Method: Br-900CD and Reaper to mix
Submitting as: Pigfarmer Jr, Evil Grin, Pork Producer, Gilmore Lynette Tootle, T.C. Elliott

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

We actually had candy ready for the first time in years.

Bowls of candy: 2
Kids at the house: 0. As usual, these days.

All the candy went to our respective places of employment for our employees.
Evil Grin bandcamp - Evil Grin spotify
T.C. Elliott bandcamp - T.C. Elliott spotify

"PigFramer: Guy and guitar OF MY NIGHTMARES." - Blue Lang
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Post by Lunkhead »

I was a little disappointed with the turnout this year. It seemed lighter than last year. We didn't even come close to giving away all our candy. I picked out a couple dozen pieces of my favorite stuff then Erin took the rest in to her pottery studio. We're not really sure what was going on, it wasn't rainy and it was cold but not freezing. We did notice that there was a lot more inflatable costumes this year, maybe that was the costume trend of the year for kids or something.
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs

Post by HeuristicsInc »

those inflatables seem really hard to deal with. i saw some kids collecting candy for their friend because they couldn't do it. bizarre.
we did a trunk-n-treat event at the school and gave away a LOT of candy.
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop
Submitting as: Cock, Chth*.*, D.A.H. (Der Alter Hahn)
Pronouns: His Infernal Majesty

Post by ujnhunter »

Yeah, I think the Trunk or Treating is going to replace the actual Trick or Treating to be honest. We gave out tons of candy (even ran out, but the school had a bunch of extra bags to help out with anyone who ran out thankfully). It's so much easier/safer for the kids to do this all in a self-contained environment and cool to be able to see everyone's costumes all in one place, rather than walking and walking from house to house in the dark without sidewalks, etc... and only seeing some passersby every now and then.
-Ujn Hunter
Photovoltaik - Free 6 Track EP - Song Fight! Liner Notes
Billy's Little Trip wrote:I must have this....in my mouth.....now.
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump
Instruments: Guitar
Recording Method: Br-900CD and Reaper to mix
Submitting as: Pigfarmer Jr, Evil Grin, Pork Producer, Gilmore Lynette Tootle, T.C. Elliott

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

I had two separate people tell me something similar: trunk or treat is replacing neighborhood rounds. So there has to be something to it if I'm reading it on the internet, too.
Evil Grin bandcamp - Evil Grin spotify
T.C. Elliott bandcamp - T.C. Elliott spotify

"PigFramer: Guy and guitar OF MY NIGHTMARES." - Blue Lang