About introductions....

New Players stand up and be counted.
Dan-O from Five-O
Panama
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Drums, Mandolin all graded on a sliding scale
Recording Method: Mixer to a Fostex D-160

About introductions....

Post by Dan-O from Five-O »

First and foremost, I think it's a wonderful idea to have this thread. I remember my first post like it was yesterday. I went into this big long diatribe about how I wasn't happy with my first entry because I was having all kinds of equipment issues and the like, (something I think I've finally resolved but still only have 2 official entries...that's for another thread I guess) and I got clocked by JOS. (Jim of Seatle to you new guys) He bit my ass about "pre-apologizing for my work" and the like and man I thought, I need to run as fast as I can away from this place.

But then came the most surprising of posts, it was from Blue. He defended me and my pre-apologetic post and said basically what this "newbie" is saying is "Hey man, I stumbled on this site and thought it was cool. It's really tough work getting a song done in a week, and although this may not be my best work, here it is. I hope I do better next time." That's not verbatum, but pretty close. Anyway, I thought here I am this new guy in a strange place and I already have someone defending me....COOL! I made I wisecrack later about something, OH, I remember. Someone said something about starting a protest about how their art wasn't being displayed but all they said was "Someone should start a protest". So I replied that I had a large group of people in front of my house bitching about my taxes and Blue thought it was funny enough to say "See, I told you this guy wasn't a dick!" I used to use that quote as my tag but I've since proven him wrong and now I've changed that part of my profile.

The moral is, allies will pop up out of nowhere here at SongFight! Hopefully, friendships will be made and the community at large will be better for your presence. But the surest way to do that is exactly what JOS told me from my first post, do the reviews. Review the songs, and not only the ones you're entered in, but all of them. Yes, it's a tough assignment, but if you do it, and do it regularly, you will be rewarded.

So welcome all newbies, and now is the time to prove you're not a dick.
jb wrote:Dan-O has a point.
JB
asshat
A New Player

Re: About introductions....

Post by asshat »

Dan-O from Five-O wrote:Blue thought it was funny enough to say "See, I told you this guy wasn't a dick!" I used to use that quote as my tag but I've since proven him wrong and now I've changed that part of my profile.
blue as the judge of who is and is not a dick? that's rich.
Dan-O from Five-O
Panama
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Drums, Mandolin all graded on a sliding scale
Recording Method: Mixer to a Fostex D-160

Post by Dan-O from Five-O »

asshat wrote:
Dan-O from Five-O wrote:Blue thought it was funny enough to say "See, I told you this guy wasn't a dick!" I used to use that quote as my tag but I've since proven him wrong and now I've changed that part of my profile.
It would be easy enough to tell your newbiness even without the "joined date" and # of post indicators. You should probably go ahead and lose the hat, it doesn't hide the ass part of you anyway.
jb wrote:Dan-O has a point.
JB
Egg
Mean Street
Instruments: whistles and egg shakers
Recording Method: Cakewalk, Cubase, Audacity, Garageband
Submitting as: Phunt Your Friends

Post by Egg »

asshat wrote:
I thought it was funny. I think we're creating some kind of selffulfilling prophecy.
glug glug glug egg makes wine. You can make wine too.