Pat Robertson...

Go ahead, get it off your chest.
erik
Jump
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle

Post by erik »

NeilThrun wrote:I guess that depends on your denomination of christianity. I was raised a Lutheran. They believe that all you have to do to get into heave is accept Jesus as your savior.

Regardless I hope you understood my meaning of my prior comment. Why do they care? Theyre saved, why do they feel to the need to "fix" people?
"Accepting Jesus as your savior" is a condition. It means that I'm not getting into Heaven. Every denomination of Christianity that I am aware of places <em>some</em> condition(s) upon forgiveness and/or entrance into Heaven.

Why do "they" care? Because "they" don't want to see people spend an eternity in Hell.
Egg
Mean Street
Instruments: whistles and egg shakers
Recording Method: Cakewalk, Cubase, Audacity, Garageband
Submitting as: Phunt Your Friends

Post by Egg »

erikb wrote:Every denomination of Christianity that I am aware of places <em>some</em> condition(s) upon forgiveness and/or entrance into Heaven.

I think it's universlists who believe that all humans redeem themselves in the end...somehow.. or at least some sect of it.

And then unitarian universalists don't even have a creed, so I guess they're not even Christian anymore.

And honestly, both of these and any other denominations that are this tolerant are probably laughed at by any other Christian denominations (when not being burnt at the stake by them). So, at that point, it's probably pushing it to call universalits et al Christian anymore.
glug glug glug egg makes wine. You can make wine too.
fodroy
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: none
Recording Method: ears
Submitting as: praise muzak

Post by fodroy »

back in my church days, the ministers would always talk about how the universalists are full of crap and don't know how to read the bible and are just a bunch of pansies that want to take the easy way out and probably watch "sex in the city" and "queer as folk."
NeilThrun
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by NeilThrun »

erikb wrote:"Accepting Jesus as your savior" is a condition. It means that I'm not getting into Heaven. Every denomination of Christianity that I am aware of places <em>some</em> condition(s) upon forgiveness and/or entrance into Heaven.

Why do "they" care? Because "they" don't want to see people spend an eternity in Hell.
Okay, I'm at a loss to why you keep putting they in quotations? Do you not like me lumping the christian right into one big group or something?

And so yes there are conditions to get into heaven, but nowhere is the condition that you shouldn't commit sin. All people are sinful, they say it themselves. Why don't they accept this as a ticket to fuck around and be deviant? As long as they believe in jesus, and maybe repent, ask for forgivness, or confess their sins they've still got that ticket to heaven.
c hack
Panama

Post by c hack »

NeilThrun wrote: And so yes there are conditions to get into heaven, but nowhere is the condition that you shouldn't commit sin. All people are sinful, they say it themselves. Why don't they accept this as a ticket to fuck around and be deviant? As long as they believe in jesus, and maybe repent, ask for forgivness, or confess their sins they've still got that ticket to heaven.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.
<a href="http://www.c-hack.com">c-hack.com</a> | <a href="http://www.rootrecords.org">rootrecords.org</a>
erik
Jump

Post by erik »

NeilThrun wrote:Okay, I'm at a loss to why you keep putting they in quotations? Do you not like me lumping the christian right into one big group or something?

And so yes there are conditions to get into heaven, but nowhere is the condition that you shouldn't commit sin. All people are sinful, they say it themselves. Why don't they accept this as a ticket to fuck around and be deviant? As long as they believe in jesus, and maybe repent, ask for forgivness, or confess their sins they've still got that ticket to heaven.
Putting things in quotes is a form of written irony, indicating that the author does not think that the thing in quotes is accurately named. I put they in quotes to indicate that I do not think that the christian right can be categorized as having one set of beliefs. There is no "they", it's not an organized group anymore than "cancer survivors" or "criminals" are organized groups that all think the same way.

Why don't they accept this as a ticket to fuck around? Because if you believe that repenting is a condition to getting into Heaven/forgiveness, then fucking around goes completely against that. What do you think repent means?
mc3p0
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

heal THIS

Post by mc3p0 »

"The toot of a flute with the flavour of fruit!" - Caractacus Potts, 1968
mico saudad
Mean Street

Post by mico saudad »

I want to believe!!!

(that that site is a bad joke)
stueym
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Guitar
Recording Method: Cubase/Stenberg CI2+/Roland VG-99/RolandGR-55
Submitting as: stueym

Post by stueym »

abecedarian wrote:I want to believe!!!

(that that site is a bad joke)
I visited and threw up in my mouth just a little. Weird what freedom of speech encompasses!!! <shakes head in disbelief>
"You know, I rather like this God fellow. Very theatrical, you know. Pestilence here, a plague there. Omnipotence ... gotta get me some of that."
fodroy
Ice Cream Man

Post by fodroy »

wow. that's the most fucked up thing i've seen in a long time.

is that seriously real?
erik
Jump

Post by erik »

fodroy wrote:wow. that's the most fucked up thing i've seen in a long time.

is that seriously real?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Phelps
fodroy
Ice Cream Man

Post by fodroy »

that kind of makes me feel better to know that he doesn't have a large following. just a bunch of douchebags like the kkk and aryan nation. but still, that guy is sick.
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

I doom nations.
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

when I saw that yesterday, I was done "interneting". (yes, I just made a noun some kinda weird verb that Erik would be better at defining).

What's with those kids? What's with those parents? What's with .... man. What a fucking asshole.
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast
Instruments: Guitar/bass/keys
Recording Method: Various. Mostly Garageband these days, actually.
Submitting as: Jim Tyrrell

Post by jimtyrrell »

Mr. Phelps is an old man, and soon enough Nature will usher him toward the Great Answer. I have a feeling it will not satisfy him.
fodroy
Ice Cream Man

Post by fodroy »

this was on that site. a parody of fred phelps. yeah right said fred
mc3p0
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

obrivion or bust, yo

Post by mc3p0 »

Lost my longer post (curse Comcast), so here's a condensed version: I don't know of any other Christian organizations that are pro-Improvised Explosive Devices or picket military funerals and bases. His "recognized Religion" status allows tax exemption because he uses his olympic-sized swimming pool for baptisms. He combines the best of Pat Robertsons political insanity (the photo gallery speaks volumes), Shoko Asahara's nerve-gas apocalypse-cultishness (minus the yoga), and G.H-W.Bush tax evation know-how. Fred Phelps for president!
mc3p0
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

hook 'em, oh horned one

Post by mc3p0 »

This isn't specifically Pat Robertson data, but I feel it's relevent to expose more of the fake Christian persona's: http://aoreport.com/2005_01-bushinaug-satan-signs.htm
I'm interested in finding out what their use of that symbol is in recognition of.. I don't think they are "rocking-it-out" or "rocking-on". Plus, it's the incorrect configuration for "hangin' loose", although the description fits.

About Robertson and his international mining operations - it turns out that OPERATION BLESSING, link on FEMA site, is a front through Robertson's Zaire diamond mine interests. The mine is supposedly defunct.. yeah. I'll bet that he may have diversified his portfolio since 1994 into other military dictatorships, and that perhaps there are MANY other mine/drilling/exploitation/banking operations that his Christian Coalition is protecting. He's a little Zürich gnome.

Maybe this June 1998 link has something correlative: http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_98 ... 60898.html

Here's the FEMA site - OPERATION BLESSING is the fourth link near the bottom: http://www.fema.gov/news/newsrelease.fema?id=18473

Operation Blessing 1-800-436-6348 - BLESS OUR OPERATIONS NOW!
erik
Jump

Re: hook 'em, oh horned one

Post by erik »

mc3p0 wrote:I'm interested in finding out what their use of that symbol is in recognition of.
The page you linked divulges the true meaning, although mixed in with so much other stuff it's hard to know what's real and what's not, unless you already know. Jenna Bush went to the University of Texas, whose mascot is a Longhorn (which is a type of cow). The hand-signal is something that you flash to people at/from/associated with the University of Texas, and you can say "Hook 'Em" when you flash the sign, if you like. It is supposed to look like the head of a Longhorn.
mc3p0
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by mc3p0 »

erikb - I adore interesting sites, regardless of slant.

Personally, I've always identified that particular hand symbol as Anubis begging for chocolate. Did you see the very scary image of Quayle (not North, sorry) further down the page.. The statement under him explains why he might not make that symbol to honor the "Texas Longhorns", unless his traitorous nature knows no bounds.. literally. I'm having trouble identifying the use of the symbol during the inauguration, various functions that are not in Texas and have no appropriate reference.. I'm not seeing the complete connection to Texas Longhorns.

Whatever the reasons, multiple, simplistic or subversive, it just follows that Bush would wave to satan publically. His "doctrine of terror" uses superstitions to ensure "silly" questions rather than pertinent investigation. IMO.. in bed.

I'm not sure if I've seen Pat Robertson perform any similar symbols. It's possible that he can't do it, like Shatner cannot V his "live long and prosper" shake. I'd sure enjoy seeing Pat try though.

Oh, on another crazy-assed note - IF Katrina WAS a manufactured event (aka a tropical storm made into a monster and guided into the oil rigs off Mexico, the US and main shipping lanes) how would Pat Robertson benefit? I'm curious who is giving Trent Lott (R-Miss) the power to allocate reconstruction contracts without the typical process? The people FEMA is helping are being "processed" (aka registered for access to benefits), the rescue workers were belayed, delayed and otherwise slowed-down into ineffectuality. People were directed miles by foot, then turned away by the National Guard. The Red Cross web site shows that FEMA DENIED them access to provide food and water - I have been listening to many people recount the same story. The most effective amphibious craft have been shipped to the arid middle east just weeks prior. FEMA director Michael Brown accidentally called Louisiana a city.. such a funny joke, especially from someone with absolutely NO credentials for running FEMA. He might want to brush-up on the US geography before snorting lines just prior television presentations. Well, Bush and Barney Frank (D-Mass) went house-hunting (I love the pics of him strumming a guitar) and found a swank estate to retire in for a 2.5 million in Chesapeake. Condi and Cheney were both indisposed in "vacation" even two days AFTER Katrina. Dr.Rice did make one public statement, but Cheney hasn't been seen - it's been a week now?! What is happening with "Der Dickster"?! They all waited for instructions - how hurtful! Bush announced 51 billion (went from 40 to 51 in under 10 minutes..) uh, to cover federal recovery efforts. He also cut all funding for DAE building-up the levies and was alerted many times as to the dangers of a massive flood - which just happened to happen! How much will US citizens end up paying BOTH ways, I wonder? We might see a new strain of disease magically erupt from the devestation - and then an anti-virus! Medical supplies are still having trouble getting to the surivors.. uh, I mean "refugees".

Katrina, Ivan, what's next Pavlov or Sasha? Since weather control is publically a fact since at least 1992, see: http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/h ... ather.html What isn't a possible use? I'd rather like to see controlled ionosphere power, like any sane person, but governments cannot seem control themselves from engineering Empirical activities. A lot of storms could/should have been prevented. We need a new form of governance.

Perhaps this also ties together with the destruction of those hundreds of unsold EV1's? see: http://dontcrush.com/ Perhaps Pat and Co. have direct interests in keeping electric vehicles from the public? The EV1 can reach 183.2 MPH, have a 300 mile range and literally never need servicing.. gosh, how strange that ALL vehicle manufacturers started destroying their fully-electric cars. But at least we're going to see more gasoline (THANKS VENEZUELA AND IRAN).. to put into our SUV's.. at a very, very nice profit to the industry. One last remark - if the southern coast was effected, but not the west, why did the gas price spike immediately here in Oregon? The industry expects a 30% increase in heating oil cost THIS WINTER. How greedy, evil and otherwise inhumane.

edit: now BEG FOR CHOCOLATE ANUBIS
Last edited by mc3p0 on Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mc3p0
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

take my FEMA, please

Post by mc3p0 »

Okay, less Pat Robertson and more about "the agenda".
I'm sorry I can't find the referring page:
---------------------------
Sir Itchy Ass,
I Already Did This Morning:
Now what Should Have been Done.

1. 10 C-17s,10 C-5s,20 C-130s

2. 2 Aircraft Carriers 1- For Command Post and 1-to Power the City and Helicopter Transport.

3. 6 Troop Transport Ships/ 2 Hospital Ships

4. Tent City Set Up The Former England AFB and Esler Field in Shreveport LA
(USAF Civil ENG/USN Seabee)

5. 50,000 Troops

7. Container Delivery System Air Drop Loads of MREs and Water.

8.Every Rotatory wing asset available.

9.Mobilize a Mech/Motor Division.

10.Mobilize 2 Air Evacuation Squadrons

These 10 simple Steps could have been done.

Why Was It Not?

With Katrina Over 72 Hours Prior To Land Fall.

-Sarge
---------------------------

Oh, and what in the world would be the purpose of NOT allowing the Swede water purification? Where were the road building crews we send into other disasters (FHWA must have data)? Why slow the process even FURTHER? Am I missing something important? Maybe Kayne West is dead on, "George Bush doesn't care about black people." Barbara Bush stated "And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway so this (she chuckled)--this is working very well for them."

The National Guard was also given permission to fire weapons at people not obeying their orders when turned away from dry land. These people have trudged MILES through distaster to get to ANY help, then turned away under threat of being shot. There was so little actual looting, but the news IS protraying the blacks as "seeing an opportunity to steal". I have footage of two female black police officers "looting" WalMart - for jeans, water any food, baby supplies to distribute to the needy. FEMA turned away the 20,000 trailers Trent Lott demanded, electric generators, commandeered boats ALREADY IN RESCUE OPERATIONS, etc. They are seizing emergency equipment and denying medical care because FEMA LOVE'S BLACK PEOPLE. They also cut the emergency communications phone lines, denied coast guard delivering fuel and turned away navy craft SS BATON with FULL MEDICAL STAFF, waiting directly in the gulf. Pity the National Guard can't just shoot at the FEMA workers.

This situation will cost many more lives before the end of this week. Oh, and another interesting fact regarding electric cars: they can be charged in minutes - read: under 10. Heisters use quick charge units that have been refurbished for the EV1. Doubtless this was another nail in the EV1 coffin.
NeilThrun
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by NeilThrun »

erikb wrote:Why don't they accept this as a ticket to fuck around? Because if you believe that repenting is a condition to getting into Heaven/forgiveness, then fucking around goes completely against that. What do you think repent means?
Id have to disagree, repenting requires that you have done something wrong. So I go fuck some men, kill some people, abort some feutus and such and then I go confess my sins and say that'll i'll never do it again. BLAH BLAH BLAH. Whats to stop it from becoming a cycle of sin,repent,sin,repent and so forth?

Perhaps my understanding of christianity is flawed but heres how I see it.

Some Christian dude goes and supports the war, hell even kills some Iraqi millitants. He says its for the greater good, and repents and stuff. Essentially his actions were alright because Jesus forgives all of us.

Somebody else goes and commits a sin, lets say homosexuality, the Christian Dude from before yells at him and says that he can't do that. Christian Dude gets Christian Politician to ban homosexuality because its immoral.

Sin and forgiveness seem like a scapegoat, on one had its a sin and you shouldn't do it, but on the other its completely forgiveable.