Nigga Nigga Nigga (whiteys get ruffled so easy)

Go ahead, get it off your chest.
PiGPEN
Push Comes to Shove

Nigga Nigga Nigga (whiteys get ruffled so easy)

Post by PiGPEN »

Inspired by the Save New Orleans title i made this over 3 days but the song doesnt really fit the title so uh...yeah im not submitting.
Last edited by PiGPEN on Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
WeaselSlayer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Guitar, keyboard
Recording Method: Garageband, laptop mic
Submitting as: Luke Henley

Post by WeaselSlayer »

What the fuck?
Egg
Mean Street
Instruments: whistles and egg shakers
Recording Method: Cakewalk, Cubase, Audacity, Garageband
Submitting as: Phunt Your Friends

Post by Egg »

PiGPEN wrote:Inspired by the Save New Orleans title i made this over 3 days but the song doesnt really fit the title so uh...yeah im not submitting.
edited: This video sickens me. I equate you with dirty words.
Last edited by Egg on Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glug glug glug egg makes wine. You can make wine too.
Southwest_Statistic
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Guitar, Lead Vocals
Recording Method: Renoise, Melodyne
Submitting as: Southwest Statistic

Post by Southwest_Statistic »

PiGPEN wrote:Inspired by the Save New Orleans title i made this over 3 days but the song doesnt really fit the title so uh...yeah im not submitting.
I've always hated your music, but now I just hate you. You in general.
I'm back.
PiGPEN
Push Comes to Shove

Post by PiGPEN »

Dont hate people or God will murder your loved ones.
WeaselSlayer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Guitar, keyboard
Recording Method: Garageband, laptop mic
Submitting as: Luke Henley

Post by WeaselSlayer »

Well I love you, so I guess we'll be just fine.
Morbid Morgan
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by Morbid Morgan »

PigPen,

Don't you like... have a job?
I'm a professional cynic, but my heart's not in it. I'm paying the price of living life by the minute.
HANK.
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by HANK. »

Pigpen - I pray you develop a terminal illness. I sincerely hope you get hit by a bus. Being abrasive is NOT being an artist. It's simply being an ignorant dick.

Spend your time on something worthwhile.
Gaining mass like a lumberjack and knocking down trees.
Southwest_Statistic
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Guitar, Lead Vocals
Recording Method: Renoise, Melodyne
Submitting as: Southwest Statistic

Post by Southwest_Statistic »

HANK. wrote:I sincerely hope you get hit by a bus.
I can take care of that:

<center>
(my awesome ride)</center>
I'm back.
PiGPEN
Push Comes to Shove

Post by PiGPEN »

HANK. wrote:Pigpen - I pray you develop a terminal illness. I sincerely hope you get hit by a bus. Being abrasive is NOT being an artist. It's simply being an ignorant dick.

Spend your time on something worthwhile.
Ha, yknow when i said 'God will kill your loved ones' i was just kidding....there is no God. So your praying wont do anything, spend your time on something worthwhile.

The only thing ignorant is this entire generation brainwashed by hippie PC values. Yeah i said "Nigga" so the fuck what? Im not being hateful, its just a word.

"Dont Trust Whitey"
Rabid Garfunkel
Jump
Instruments: Absurdity
Recording Method: iPhone, GarageBand & rando apps/toys
Submitting as: OZYMANDIPUS, Rabid Garfunkel, Primitive Screwheads
Pronouns: that guy

Post by Rabid Garfunkel »

PiGPEN wrote:Ha, yknow when i said 'God will kill your loved ones' i was just kidding....there is no God. So your praying wont do anything, spend your time on something worthwhile.
Well then, that makes it okay then, don't it?
PiGPEN wrote:The only thing ignorant is this entire generation brainwashed by hippie PC values. Yeah i said "Nigga" so the fuck what? Im not being hateful, its just a word.
And which generation are you addressing here, Generation Z? They's mo' than them here there and everywhere online, homey. Seriously dude, take your talk into No. Oakland, South Central L-fucking-A, Detroit, tha' NYC, and see how many teeth you have left afterwards.
PiGPEN wrote:"Dont Trust Whitey"
And judging from the artwork in your video, you lefty-wannabe-sub-urban-white-boy-POS, we should not trust you, right?

Art is not a blanket excuse for your getting uppity about people's reactions to something you publicly posted. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the conversation. Or rather, keep it to show only to your punk-ass cracker bitch-boys who stroke you off every time you "stick it to the Man" eh?
"Urban cartoon music." -- Paco Del Stinko
Be my friend? --- Song of the Day
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast
Instruments: Guitar/bass/keys
Recording Method: Various. Mostly Garageband these days, actually.
Submitting as: Jim Tyrrell

Post by jimtyrrell »

I don't much agree with your message or the way that it was presented, Pigpen. But hey, you got a right to say whatever damn fool thing you want, and I'll agree or disagree with it as I will.
But the fact that I choose not to dismissively insult people is the opposite of ignorance. Do NOT accuse me of ignorance because of 'PC hippie brainwashing'. I make a conscious decision based on what I know about people and about myself to conduct my affairs in a way that I consider appropriate. To suggest that such behavior is by default and without analysis betrays a lack of vision on your part that is only reinforced by your body of work.
The very idea that I am not enlightened enough to appreciate racism as art is laughable. It is enlightenment that allows one to discern between the two, or at least to identify the one within the other and judge its value accordingly.
PiGPEN
Push Comes to Shove

Post by PiGPEN »

Racism is hating people based on there race, i didnt do that and never will (well maybe that God hates the French bit was a bit racist but no one seems to care).

Rabid i grew up in Houston ghettos, went to school in 5th Ward (5th Ward is miles of shacks put up by the government to house blacks they screwed over) so yeah i know what can happen when white kids say "nigga/er". I got beaten up over a word they taught me, so i hate hypochrisy.

Its in my opinion that they sacrificed the poor black sectors of New Orleans to save the rich white sections from the flooding....thats racism.
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast
Instruments: Guitar/bass/keys
Recording Method: Various. Mostly Garageband these days, actually.
Submitting as: Jim Tyrrell

Post by jimtyrrell »

Racism is discrimination or prejudice based on race.
Nigger is a disparaging word used to describe dark-skinned people (there are other uses, but I think this is a fair assessment of your usage).

You choose to refer to a race of people (or at least, a group of people in a certain area bound by skin tone) disparagingly. This is, by my understanding, racist. You can believe what you want, but this is how I see it.

This is a prefight thread, and while I welcome further discussion, I won't continue here. PM me if you want to.
Egg
Mean Street
Instruments: whistles and egg shakers
Recording Method: Cakewalk, Cubase, Audacity, Garageband
Submitting as: Phunt Your Friends

Post by Egg »

PiGPEN wrote:Racism is hating people based on there race....thats racism.
I think racism is actually any form of discrimination based primarily on race. But uh, I didn't realize that flash video made was making a political statement so you might want to consider how it failed. Single words usually fail to scandalize me. Photos of floating corpses juxtaposed with lyrical images of how people are as wet as sexed up whatever..gah.. it seems like you failed to communicate anything about the situation. Instead, you only convinced me that you are willing to use media concerning catastophe to shock people without a message.
glug glug glug egg makes wine. You can make wine too.
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

That might be your opinion, but that's not the message I got from your video. The message I got, was that you think this situation deserves to be handled with "humour". The message I got was that you think the people who didn't leave were stupid, and deserving of your disdain.

I have a problem with saying "it's just words". That is a ridiculous statement. Words have meaning, and power. Words get people killed. You can kid yourself all you want, and defend your opinion but it doesn't convince anyone that your "video" is worthwhile. The message you are suggesting you want to convey is not coming through. "Art" is also not a blanket permission slip to do whatever you want with the assumption that your audience is going to ... ah fuck it. My point is, you're wrong. Regardless of what you currently wish to defend or think. Maybe you should re-evalutate the situation. I 'm not suggesting your an idiot or a bad person, just wrong in this situation.

In my opinion anyway.
erik
Jump
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle

Post by erik »

Whoever gave you the impression that Political Correctness screwed up your chances as a nonblack person to use the word "nigger" or "nigga", that person was misleading you. It has always been considered at the most racist, and at the very least, an indicator of low class and lack of intelligence. The fact that there exists different rules with regards to who can say that word is not hypocrisy any more than me not shaving my legs (but expecting my girlfriend to shave hers) is hypocrisy. I'll have a beer at Thanksgiving, but my little niece will not be having a beer. That's not hypocrisy either. It's different rules for different people.

Using images of dead people to make a silly flash video which makes light of their death is low class and in poor taste. Using language steeped in racism over said video just shows that you like to stir up shit instead of doing anything positive, or even just not doing anything negative. Your attempt to make something that gets people riled up is transparent. The song is unfunny, the animation is hackneyed and poorly executed. Something doesn't have to be racist to be awful.
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

Damnit Erik, stop making me want you (in a totally platonic and non-sexual way) so badly.
PiGPEN
Push Comes to Shove

Post by PiGPEN »

I dont believe in segregation of language.

May i ask why people keep bringing up a "blanket of art" cuz...really now...what the hell is that?

And i was using "nigga" in a broad sense (as most rappers do) not actually meaning just blacks.

Art Blanket? Nigga Please.
erik
Jump
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle

Post by erik »

Repent.
PiGPEN
Push Comes to Shove

Post by PiGPEN »

erikb wrote:Repent.
Pissed off a few whiteys...nothing im gonna lose sleep over.
c hack
Panama

Post by c hack »

Let's clear a few things up.

Nigger: Really racist word, no one uses it who's not in some way an asshole.

Nigga: Completely different meaning than "nigger." The people who got called it often turned it around into a badge of pride, not unlike the term "dyke." But it gets more complicated. Chris Rock says in one of his routines, "I like black people, but I hate niggas." There's a difference, and I'm not qualified to define it. If you're not black and you use this word and people yell at you, you had it coming.

Let me illustrate with a quote from the TV show "Scrubs." (I'm paraphrasing.)

JD (white): If we're dancing around the room singing along to NWA, is it okay for me to say-
Turk (black): No.
<a href="http://www.c-hack.com">c-hack.com</a> | <a href="http://www.rootrecords.org">rootrecords.org</a>