Flight Of The Conchords

Talk about how awesome the new _______ album is.
Bjam
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Singin', Guitarin', Mandolinin'

Flight Of The Conchords

Post by Bjam »

Very funny duo from New Zealand. If you have On Demand, then check it out. This is the only decent site I can find for them.

This, Hiphopapotamus v Rhymenocerous, is a very cool song
Songfighter since back in the day.
slowRodeo
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by slowRodeo »

I'm madly in love with flight of the conchords. very funny. i like the business time song.
"I'd give my right arm to be ambidexterous." - Smalltown Mike
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

I'm madly not in love with this new trend of starting whole new threads for some shitty little band you have a passing semi for. Please stop and repost in the currently digging thread. Say I.
Bjam
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Singin', Guitarin', Mandolinin'

Post by Bjam »

This thread was made in September.

I guess I was a trendsetter. My bad.
Songfighter since back in the day.
Spud
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, eHorn
Submitting as: Octothorpe

Post by Spud »

It does seem odd to me that you are asking people to put all their posts in the Currently Digging forum into one thread called (approximately) Currently Digging. Why not utilize the available heirarchy?

SPUD
"I only listen to good music. And Octothorpe." - Marcus Kellis
Song Fight! The Rockening
Denyer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Dunlop KT-26
Submitting as: Ross Durand

Post by Denyer »

I hate these jerks and I think they should stay in their shitty country.
j$
Beat It

Post by j$ »

Spud wrote:It does seem odd to me that you are asking people to put all their posts in the Currently Digging forum into one thread called (approximately) Currently Digging. Why not utilize the available heirarchy?
10 Inter-Locking Reasons Why I Dislike The Concept As Outlined Above

1. Because I was drunk last night.

2. Would you put all related important files anywhere on your work server, or would you put them all into one place for ease of comparision?

3. Because Jolly Roger got a kicking in another thread for doing the self-same thing and he is doing nothing worse than Bjam, or Slow Rodeo or anyone else who started doing this.

4. Because Blue started it, and he should know better.

5. Because the thread is unweildy and it is hard to locate things you ARE interested in rather than some music that someone has got excited by right now (currently digging) but when they lose interest, they won't remember to delete the thread.

6. Becuase it is a deliberate act - you're not just posting - you are going into the thread, clikcing 'create new topic', writing, and then clicking 'post' - increasing the time you have to reconsider whether this band truly is the love of your life.

7. because I waste a lot of time listening to all these new bands that are posted here (because I am ever optimistic and interested in finding new music). People need to increase their critical faculties.

8. Because I dislike clutter.

9. Because "evil triumphs when good men sit on their hands." Not that I claim to be a good man, or think anyone here is particularly evil. it's just the closet truism I could think of with this hangover.

10.Because I was drunk last night.

j$
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

j$ wrote:3. Because Jolly Roger got a kicking in another thread for doing the self-same thing and he is doing nothing worse than Bjam, or Slow Rodeo or anyone else who started doing this.
yeah, that was probably my fault. and admittedly, mister roger didn't deserve chastisement more than anybody else (especially damien verrett) but this was after starting a number of new threads all in a row, and including a stupid poll (here is a band i listen to, you've probably never heard of them. do you like them? circle one: yes no). also probably i was in a bad mood at the time as well.

don't feel bad johnny, i've been likewise chastised by spud in the past for having chastised others...
j$
Beat It

Post by j$ »

I don't feel bad at all, I was answering Spud's reasonable question with what I thought were reasonable explanations (subjectively, of course.)

I do feel bad that I wrote Jolly Roger in my orginal drunken post, when i actually meant Damian Verrett! I guess there should be a point 11 - if taste is subjective, then everyone has a right to the same treatment when it comes to the way their opinions are treated.

Now I'm starting to sound like Oust The Mods ....

j$
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

Denyer wrote:I hate these jerks and I think they should stay in their shitty country.
...And take Russell Fucking Crowe with them