Because some of us can read.
fodroy
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: none
Recording Method: ears
Submitting as: praise muzak

Post by fodroy »

Kamakura wrote:
fodroy wrote:If i read it and she finds out, it'll start that all over again. I don't want that.
Read the book and don't tell your Mom; simple... Then when she starts up, you'll be able to understand her rant, and give a 'knowing' look. This can be hightly entertaining too.

It's a great read. Honestly. Just take it with a pinch of salt.
i'm afraid that i wouldn't be able to keep her from knowing that i read it.
NeilThrun
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by NeilThrun »

fodroy wrote:
erikb wrote:
NeilThrun wrote: BINGO. My feelings exactly.
Dude, you are spending WAAAAAAAAY too much time with fodroy's mom.
yeah! what are you doing with my mom, neil?
You know; bored, unispired fucking.
fodroy
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: none
Recording Method: ears
Submitting as: praise muzak

Post by fodroy »

now would be a good time to inform everyone else that i have two daddies (my mommy's name is seth).
mc3p0
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by mc3p0 »

Rather than posting an entirely new thread regarding Gore Vidal's Creation: A Novel (the 2002 re-release including the four previously missing chapters), I'm attracted to this old and dead topic which never touches on Sumerian texts, particularly regarding ED.EN, adamites, etc. There are only a few thousand texts from which ALL cultures have adopted their history. How could all of my Songfight! family miss the easy kill?

Oh, and C Hack - the flood that Noah, his family (and his debtors) lived through was real - the saline displacement in sediment is real enough to determine that but it's also recorded by at least three seperate cultures quite clearly. Don't be so quick to dismiss everything that Christianity has distorted. Feel free to dismiss my posts, however.

Dan Brown isn't the worst author to touch on secret societies. I found Angels & Demons written much better than Da Vinci Code, but it's ending is a disasterous joke and chapter eleven should have been cut entirely, imo.
"The toot of a flute with the flavour of fruit!" - Caractacus Potts, 1968
mkilly
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar

Post by mkilly »

mc3p0 wrote:the flood that Noah, his family (and his debtors) lived through was real - the saline displacement in sediment is real enough to determine that but it's also recorded by at least three seperate cultures quite clearly. Don't be so quick to dismiss everything that Christianity has distorted.
Ehhhhhhh. There's tales in the Torah, and in Gilgamesh, and in Greek myth, and in about every God damn civilization in the world that's ever existed about floods.

There is also sedimentary record that proves, yes, the world has seen floods in the past.

The existence of flooding in the past has little to do with whether the Biblical (or Gilgameshical, or Greek) accounts of God yelling at dudes to build arks and whatever is true or false. They're very distinct and separate questions. It's a big step to go from "there was probably a flood around the time about which these stories were written dealing with this guy named Noah who is alleged to have existed" to "the flood that Noah lived through was real."
"It is really true what philosophy tells us, that life must be understood backwards. But with this, one forgets the second proposition, that it must be lived forwards." Søren Kierkegaard
mc3p0
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by mc3p0 »

mkilly- It's a very big distinction - the amount of sea displacement to cover the entire Black Sea basin confirms that something large and fast splashed-down. The massive flooding of sea water happened rather immediately in what was once a fresh water lake. This isn't just "rain", but a near-cataclysm engulfing over 600,000 square miles.

You have knowledge denying that Sumerian civilization is humanity's first? I am always interested.
"The toot of a flute with the flavour of fruit!" - Caractacus Potts, 1968