Lords of Chaos

Because some of us can read.
Poor June
Panama

Lords of Chaos

Post by Poor June »

ok i felt this was a really good book for this part... love this book... real informative about a lot of black metal history \m/ some really freaky stuff... i'm sure most have read... if you haven't... you probably should... tis entertaining...
Aaaaaa
"You haven't been really bad in a long time." - jim of seattle

<a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/poorj ... htm">music page</a>
jute gyte
Mean Street

Post by jute gyte »

it is very good. they just released the second edition, which has a brand new and fantastic interview with varg vikernes. feral house also recently released 'choosing death: the improbably history of death metal and grindcore', which, while interesting, can't fucking touch lords of chaos. the subject matter just isn't there.
"I believe the common character of the universe is not harmony, but hostility, chaos and murder." - Werner Herzog
jute gyte

Post by Guest »

yea... lords of chaos was an amazing book... i do need to get the second one though... i had no clue they came out with a second one...

love black metal... it's one of my biggest guilty pleasures haha (if done right)
Poor June
Panama

Post by Poor June »

Anonymous wrote:yea... lords of chaos was an amazing book... i do need to get the second one though... i had no clue they came out with a second one...

love black metal... it's one of my biggest guilty pleasures haha (if done right)
tis me... weird... i thought they had the guest thing fixed... i figured i was still signed in since it was lettin' me put it in...

oh well.. O_o

jute gyte
Mean Street

Post by jute gyte »

it's not a second book. just a second printing with an added interview.
"I believe the common character of the universe is not harmony, but hostility, chaos and murder." - Werner Herzog
jute gyte
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band
Pronouns: he/him

Post by jb »

Poor June wrote:
Anonymous wrote:yea... lords of chaos was an amazing book... i do need to get the second one though... i had no clue they came out with a second one...

tis me... weird... i thought they had the guest thing fixed... i figured i was still signed in since it was lettin' me put it in...

oh well.. O_o
This is a new forum. I forgot to turn off guest posting.
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

odd, i've never even heard of this book! i will have to seek it out. i saw an ad for "choosing death" (and the accompanying 'soundtrack album') in the relapse records newsletter ("resound") that came in the mail yesterday. i'm excited about picking up a copy of the soundtrack -- lots of exclusive songs from lots of bands. i thought i might grab a copy of the book too, but if "lords of chaos" is so much more highly recommended maybe i will try for that one instead.
jute gyte
Mean Street

Post by jute gyte »

tviyh wrote:odd, i've never even heard of this book! i will have to seek it out. i saw an ad for "choosing death" (and the accompanying 'soundtrack album') in the relapse records newsletter ("resound") that came in the mail yesterday. i'm excited about picking up a copy of the soundtrack -- lots of exclusive songs from lots of bands. i thought i might grab a copy of the book too, but if "lords of chaos" is so much more highly recommended maybe i will try for that one instead.
it's just that there's more material for the authors to write about. black metal has a much more highly developed idealogy, and the history of the scene is much more interesting (rivalries, church-burnings, murders, jail escapes, etc.). most of 'choosing death' is just 'well, we heard (insert band) and knew we had to play EVEN FASTER!'. not that there's anything wrong with that, of course, and 'choosing death' is still a good read, but 'lords of chaos' is much more interesting, in my opinion.
jute gyte
Poor June
Panama

Post by Poor June »

yea lords of chaos just has so much crazy shit in it... it deffinately keeps interest... and way worth reading...

if more books were written like that... i'd go get 'em...

jute gyte... if you have any suggestions on anything like that... it'd be great... i've never been a huge book person... i only read here and there...

most books can't keep my interest... :-\