Leaf's Fantasy Collab list

Organize yourselfs.
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Leaf's Fantasy Collab list

Post by Leaf »

Real life can be a joy and a pleasure, but it sure gets in the way of trying to be a songfighter.

To tease my self, I'm posting a little note RIGHT NOW of all the people I want to collab with some time. Then I can amuse myself at work over the coming months by looking at the list and the original posted date of the list... if you're on this list and you don't want to be, tough shit. If you're not on it, and want to be, look at my track record. You really think I'm gonna get all these done? What do I look like, John Kerry? Nobody can live up to these promises!!!!

THE LIST TODAY:

PinV.... we are due bro.
RedCar... have done collabs already, enjoyed the results.
Jack Shite.... we too are due. Listen to weird Al's Living La vida yoda... IT'S JACK!!!!
Puce... a super talented guy with years of amazing stuff yet to come... a very intelligent, talented man. need I say more?
Eddie Bangs.... it's simply a matter of figuring out which of us is gonna play what!!!!

C Hack... funny, we're kinda dimetrically opposed people, but you totally demolished Dusty plains in a a totally positive way... so someday we need to collab.. until then, I'll lay down drums for ya again when yer ready...

Ocotothorpe... this is the collab that I have no idea how to approach, but really what to do, cause I get the band now, and this is a band that's together for all the right reasons.

Bolio... bolio is a quiet, unassuming dude with a cerebral perspective on his music, and I can relate to the second part of that description!!!

Sober Irishman... the first time I heard your stuff and read your posts, I felt this affinity with you... that I don't think you share!!! Still, you are talented and a multi tasking individual who has convictions. That is an attractive musical package... don't read into that...

(hmmm... this is turning into a gushy thread... however... isn't that why we like to play music with others??????)

Glenn Case.... I think if you and I ever spent time together, and actually could focus together, we'd be a deadly dynamo of energy. Damn good thing we're in different countries cause the world would melt from the shear add force of power... you get my drift... we'd have to do a rocker!!!!

Ken... Ken is the kind of player that helps me stay focused... he can rock, but he's also aware of the muscial surroundings... a true drummer's mind, but a total musician , which is probably why he hears everything, and he's laid back on the surface, but deceptively not inside!!! I'm not so much sure how we would mesh on a collab as much as I'm sure that I'd play a gig with you when ever I could.

Ok.... see this is a fantasy list!!!!

I'm not leaving anyone out on purpose mind you... there isn't anyone I can think of that I wouldn't collab with at least once!!!

Others who I admire, and would hook up with If I was single, had no job, was independently wealthy and had ten days in a week....

Johnny Cashpoint
Dylan Nau
Abominominous
Hell yeahs ... need drums?
all the canadian songfighters do a cover of that lame ass christmas tune collab from the mid 80's whose title I conveniently forget....

I'm sure there is always more....

So. There is my musical fantasy for the day. sigh. Now back to safety meeting minutes and attendance records....
thehipcola
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: The things what make sounds.
Recording Method: LA610mk2 into UAD Apollo 8p into Cubase/LUNA/Reaper/Ableton/Reason/Maschine
Submitting as: thehipcolaredcargertFlamingTigershotpounderOGLawnDartsFussyBritchesGapingMaw

Post by thehipcola »

Leaf....way overdue. And I'm on the list twice, which makes me blush.

I'll be in touch soon and we can take over the world...

:D
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

Any time, Leaf any time.

j$
GlennCase
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Yes
Recording Method: Incorrect methods
Submitting as: Glenn Case
Pronouns: he/him

Post by GlennCase »

Leaf: I would love to see what a Leaf/Case collab would yield.

ROCK!

Glenn (DR FUNK)
Leaf
Jump
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

I am so stoked. I'm getting my house and studio wired up with high speed internet, apparently by next friday.... which means no more archiving, burning, driving to work, uploading files.... now, I'll never have to leave home...except for work... and groceries... and damn. I WILL have to leave home... however, my collabing power shall be improved!!!!

...Glenn, I would be honoured...so once I'm wired up, we'll have to throw down!!!!!

...maybe some collabs are already happening hmmm....? Maybe I got some stuff on the go... RIGHT NOW... or maybe, just maybe I'm talking out of my ass.

Time will tell.
Denyer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Dunlop KT-26
Submitting as: Ross Durand

Re: Leaf's Fantasy Collab list

Post by Denyer »

Leaf wrote:all the canadian songfighters do a cover of that lame ass christmas tune collab from the mid 80's whose title I conveniently forget....
"Do they Know its Christmas". Also being remade by a bunch of famous guys now.
Jim of Seattle
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Keyboards
Recording Method: Cakewalk, EastWest Play, Adobe Audition, Windows
Submitting as: Jim of Seattle, Ants (Invisible), Madi Singer/Songwriter, Restless Events

Post by Jim of Seattle »

Leaf, don't forget about SongWar in January. One of the things I'm hoping for is that the three-week length will make some wished-for collaborations actually happen.
Here's my record label page thingie with stuff about me if you are so interested: https://greenmonkeyrecords.com/jim-of-seattle/
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

Jim of Seattle wrote:Leaf, don't forget about SongWar in January. One of the things I'm hoping for is that the three-week length will make some wished-for collaborations actually happen.

I swear you're in advertizing!!!

...I do not forget Jim! Looking forward to the songwar...
GlennCase
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Yes
Recording Method: Incorrect methods
Submitting as: Glenn Case

Re: Leaf's Fantasy Collab list

Post by GlennCase »

Denyer wrote:
Leaf wrote:all the canadian songfighters do a cover of that lame ass christmas tune collab from the mid 80's whose title I conveniently forget....
"Do they Know its Christmas". Also being remade by a bunch of famous guys now.
I think "Do they know it's Christmas" was British acts, not Canadian. (They called themselves "Band Aid" or something like that.)

Followed by the USA's attempt at it (USA for Africa - We are the world)

I do believe the Canadians were next. They called themselves "Northern Lights" and the song was "Tears are not enough"

ROCK!

Glenn (DR FUNK)
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

ugh. But that song was. those tunes are all ghastly!! I think the British one was the best, at least by memory. All that was just after the live aid thing, right? I remember being pissed off that I had to go to the beach instead of staying home and watching live aid....
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

I'd never heard of "Northern Lights" so I Googled it:

'Tears Are Not Enough' was composed by David Foster (music), Bryan Adams and Jim Vallance (words), with additional French lyrics by Rachel Paiement. Paul Hyde and Bob Rock (Payola$) have also received credit for their contribution.The recording was produced by Foster 10 Feb 1985 at the Manta Sound studios in Toronto using an instrumental track previously recorded in Vancouver. Over 50 singers participated. Solo roles (a line or partial line each) were taken by, in order of appearance, Gordon Lightfoot, Burton Cummings, Anne Murray, Joni Mitchell, Dan Hill, Neil Young, Bryan Adams, Corey Hart, Bruce Cockburn, Geddy Lee (Rush) and Mike Reno (Loverboy).
Wow!! Bryan Adams, Gordon Lightfoot, Rush, Loverboy, Corey Hart - all together on the one record!

On paper - it looks like it truly must be the worst song of all time. I hope Osama bin Laden never gets his hands on a copy of it. Cassette tapes of it in the hands of terrorists with ghetto-blasters - could be the end of civilisation as we know it.
j$
Beat It

Post by j$ »

A Potted History of Band Aid

Band Aid 1 (as it is now known) was an amazing feat, and probably the only time in living memory that music actually made a difference on a tangeable level.

(Live Aid saved a whole bunch of careers, finally broke U2 and had the now-half-forgotten shame of David Bowie leading 72,000 people in the Lord's Prayer)

Band Aid 2 - a bunch of 'boy' and 'girl' bands produced a horrendous version.

Band Aid 20 (as in 20 years on) is an idea cooked up by The Sun (vile right-wing 'news'paper) and inflicted upon us without warning. A real mess to actually listen to. Low-points are numerous, including a completely-out-of-place rap from Dizzee Rascal and the ever-awful Darkness bringing comedy metal soloing to a charity record. Dive! Dive! Dive!

You can even do 'Do they Know It's Christmas' in Karoake Bars now. that's gonna help the starving Etheopians, right?

J$
Kapitano
Push Comes to Shove
Recording Method: Reason, Reaper and Reused Reality.
Submitting as: Kapitano

Post by Kapitano »

Leaf wrote:All that was just after the live aid thing, right?
It began with a single shocking news report about a famine in Etheopia. Bob Geldof (lead singer of The Boomtown Rats) was so outraged at the images he organised/bullied his pop music contacts into quickly recording and releasing 'Do They Know It's Christmas' as Band Aid. The charity record became the biggest selling single up to that point.

Live Aid was a massive extension of the same project, still headed by Geldof.

Years later, Geldof released a solo single commercially, and was attacked for selling out to make a quick buck.

Michael Burke, the reporter of the original news item, made a career of voiceovers for crappy 'real life emergency rescue' shows, using exactly the same doom-laden tones he used to describe thousands of terminally malnourished babies.

The total cash raised by Live Aid equalled one half of Etheopia's debt repayment for that year.
<a href="http://kapitano.me.uk/">Kapitano's Site of Musical Stuff (Under Construction)</a>
Richard WreckdoM
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

My list

Post by Richard WreckdoM »

I have a very short list. I would like to collaborate with most of you. Even if the musical styles are different. Hell, especially if the musical style is different. I find it terribly difficult to collaborate online though. Very painstaking and time consuming. I would however, like very much to collaborate with Josh Woodward. I guess it's because of late, there's nobody I review more harshly and nobody that seems to review WreckdoM as harshly. I think it's like a schoolyard crush. You always hit the ones that you love. Maybe in this case, it's not love, but it would be terribly fun to hear what would come of it. By the way, in my fantasy, I am the one in control of the mix. Josh only sings and complains about where the song is going. If I really had my way, I'd give him lyrics too. Perhaps I should ask, but I don't think we're on speaking terms.
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Re: My list

Post by Eric Y. »

Richard WreckdoM wrote:The hardest workin' band on Songfight
i know that statement has been discussed, at length, before, but out of curiosity i was checking out the songfight archive...
there's no real way to define "hardest working", but in terms of simply the amount of submissions (under a single artist name, excluding collaborations or pseudonyms or whatever), the top three:

3. WreckdoM (36)
2. Josh Woodward (39)
1. Octothorpe (64)
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

there's a reason they're known as The Mighty Octothorpe :)
Hi!
joshw
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: Egg Shaker
Recording Method: Focusrite > Reaper
Submitting as: Josh Woodward

Post by joshw »

Richard WreckdoM wrote:I would however, like very much to collaborate with Josh Woodward. I guess it's because of late, there's nobody I review more harshly and nobody that seems to review WreckdoM as harshly. I think it's like a schoolyard crush.
Damn, busted. Wreckdom, you're so dreamy... will you be my date to Homecoming?
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

uh...Hello????

LEAF's FANTASY COLLAB BITCHES!!!!!!

jeessuyss....

Get' yer own pad. Damn squatters....

Oh, ok, you can stay, but just until my mom get's home, then its off to the ymca with ya.

I heard a rumour that a super collab is in the workings for this week's fight, a BLOODY RUMOUR!!!
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

joshw wrote:
Richard WreckdoM wrote:I would however, like very much to collaborate with Josh Woodward. I guess it's because of late, there's nobody I review more harshly and nobody that seems to review WreckdoM as harshly. I think it's like a schoolyard crush.
Damn, busted. Wreckdom, you're so dreamy... will you be my date to Homecoming?

...and here I was all excited that Josh and Richard wanted to dance.... damn..... c'mon!! Write the lyrics Ricky, and then Joshw can sing, you mix but Josh get's to then do the reverse next fight!!!! That'd be awesome... wrekdomized Josh (don't get excited, it's not a literal idea) and then Joshy'ed Wrekdom????

CAN YOU IMAGINE? MOO MOO MOO MOO??
j$
Beat It

Post by j$ »

Leaf wrote: I heard a rumour that a super collab is in the workings for this week's fight, a BLOODY RUMOUR!!!
How can this be super, when I haven't been asked? :)
Kapitano
Push Comes to Shove
Recording Method: Reason, Reaper and Reused Reality.
Submitting as: Kapitano

Post by Kapitano »

j$ wrote:
Leaf wrote: I heard a rumour that a super collab is in the workings for this week's fight, a BLOODY RUMOUR!!!
What's it going to be called? A few suggestions:

The Johnny Cashpoint Experience
The Johnny Cashpoint Big Band
Johnny and the Cashpoints
Johnny Cashpoint Superstar
JC and the Sunshine Band
<a href="http://kapitano.me.uk/">Kapitano's Site of Musical Stuff (Under Construction)</a>
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

Kapitano wrote:
j$ wrote:
What's it going to be called? A few suggestions:

The Johnny Cashpoint Experience
The Johnny Cashpoint Big Band
Johnny and the Cashpoints
Johnny Cashpoint Superstar
JC and the Sunshine Band
it already has a name. something about plasmatic porcines or some such nonsense.... :)
Hi!