Songfight Live Promotional CDr

All about the next annual live event. Are you coming?. Discuss travel & lodging. Recruit band members, discuss equipment, setlists, etc.
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff
Pronouns: he/him

Songfight Live Promotional CDr

Post by ken »

Hey All,

I've been kicking around this idea so long I am running out of time to make it happen.

Everyone who is playing at Songfight Live Santa Cruz should identify one song they are going to play there to be part of this CD. We will leave them around Santa Cruz for people to find, fall in love with, and be inspired to come to the show.

If you can post a 16bit .wav file of your song somewhere as well, that would make it sound a little better. Okay? GO!!!

PM me if you have questions or concerns.

More about this later.

Be well,
Ken
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
king_arthur
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar, vocals, bass, BIAB, keyboards (synth anything)
Recording Method: Tascam DP-24SD
Submitting as: King Arthur
Pronouns: he/him

SFL

Post by king_arthur »

Ken -

First off, thanks for offering to play drums on my set. I will take you up on that. I will figure out who else to get in the band and have demo stuff ready soon.

As far as your demo CDR, my "Thunderstorm" is probably a good KA song to include, if you're so inclined. I do plan to do that one in the show.

Charles (KA)
"...one does not write in dactylic hexameter purely by accident..." - poetic designs
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

I am totally up for that. I can provide pretty much any of my recent songs as 16-bit .wav. How about the plus+5 version of Stronger Than or 120MPH? I'll be performing those at the show.
Plat
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: teeth and other bones
Recording Method: cubase, native instruments, waves, izotope, ears
Submitting as: The Cow Exchange, Eat It 'n' Mattress

Post by Plat »

You can use the Mostly Harmless "Rockopolousaninajalanfdsaflsdf" track if you'd like.
stueym
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Guitar
Recording Method: Cubase/Stenberg CI2+/Roland VG-99/RolandGR-55
Submitting as: stueym

Post by stueym »

If you;d like Wav's of "Fresh Dog" this can be arranged though it may confuse and amuse all in one :D
"You know, I rather like this God fellow. Very theatrical, you know. Pestilence here, a plague there. Omnipotence ... gotta get me some of that."
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

If I can mix down my band's version of 'my sister' would that be elligible for the CD?
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

Can use any of the songs from here:

http://www.triplejunearthed.com/Artists ... tistid=746
bz£
Panama

Post by bz£ »

Yay, it's the exciting new 2006 remix of "Need stilts," by your pals and mine, the rock and roll band Charcoal! This digital remastering features almost 600% more gratuitous VST effects and an all-new background noise track. If, god forbid, you liked the original, you'll like this version slightly more. And, clocking in at a tasty two minutes and ten seconds, it's a perfect inclusion on your next promotional CD!