Photos and such

All about the next annual live event. Are you coming?. Discuss travel & lodging. Recruit band members, discuss equipment, setlists, etc.
Bjam
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Singin', Guitarin', Mandolinin'

Photos and such

Post by Bjam »

I'm sure there will be a songfight.net gallery thing at some point, but for now, post links to photos herrre. That way you won't have to trawl through any other pages trying to find them.

Here are all of mine(including some of our journey), but here are a few of the good ones.

Boys: Glenn, Marcus, fluffy, Hoblit, Ken, Blue, JB, Spud, Jack.

Girls: Rachael, Tawny, Moboid, Erin, Lindsay(of The BeWells), Bjam, Freudian Slip, Kate(girlfriend of Mogosagatai).

One of these is the drunkest, you decide which one.

So Plat, Puce, and I were walking down to the Boardwalk from Jack's place in search for food. Then Plat, in all his tallness, bashed his head into a pole. We heard a thunk and suddenly he was on the floor holding his head.:/ He was fine though, and Puce quickly started quizzing him on the lyrics for their set on Saturday night.

Someone take this and make it into an awesome coverart for this week.
Songfighter since back in the day.
prayformojo
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Vocals, Melodica, Misc. Noisemakers, Etc.
Recording Method: 2 old bean cans and a piece of string
Submitting as: prayformojo, prayformojo and his Good Times Fun Band, The Mojos, etc...

Re: Photos and such

Post by prayformojo »

Bjam wrote:Image
One of these is the drunkest, you decide which one.
Not possible. It was a dry venue. ;)
White people, is you funky?
king_arthur
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar, vocals, bass, BIAB, keyboards (synth anything)
Recording Method: Tascam DP-24SD
Submitting as: King Arthur
Pronouns: he/him

Post by king_arthur »

I am in process of uploading about 55 pictures to my webshots site -

http://community.webshots.com/user/charleswolff/

It may take a while for the albums to become publicly viewable, but by Tuesday afternoon they should be.

These are selected but unedited pictures, so some of the stuff from the shows and livefight is pretty dark - but I figured that enough people here are photo editing gurus that they'd want the original pictures. I intend to edit (crop, levels) all these pictures for 4x6 prints and that's what I'll post to the SF Gallery once a category exists...

Note that, in order to see the real, full size image, you have to click on the "View Full Size" links, and then you can download them with (Windows) right click - Save As... all the pictures I uploaded are 1280x960.

Charles (KA)
"...one does not write in dactylic hexameter purely by accident..." - poetic designs
Spud
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, eHorn
Submitting as: Octothorpe

Post by Spud »

The gallery at .net is created
"I only listen to good music. And Octothorpe." - Marcus Kellis
Song Fight! The Rockening
GlennCase
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Yes
Recording Method: Incorrect methods
Submitting as: Glenn Case

Post by GlennCase »

Bjam wrote:I'm sure there will be a songfight.net gallery thing at some point, but for now, post links to photos herrre. That way you won't have to trawl through any other pages trying to find them.

Here are all of mine(including some of our journey), but here are a few of the good ones.
I don't know, I am fairly partial to <a href="http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h113/ ... .jpg">this one.</a>

ROCK!

Glenn Case
boltoph
Panama
Submitting as: Gert

Post by boltoph »

Yeah! I'm glad to hear that you guys all rocked it. Looks like a slightly better turn out than last year's Boston event. Rockin'.
Tawny
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by Tawny »

Someone take this and make it into an awesome coverart for this week.
Haha, great minds think alike. Plat and I worked on something similar to this on the beach Monday. It was crazy fun trying to get all the writing down before the waves came up too far to wash it all away. I'll finish it up for tomorrow. :)
Tawny
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Photos from Tawny!

Post by Tawny »

Hie!!

Here are the photos I was able to capture from our time in California. Many of them turned out too dark or some were mysteriously lost in the transfer from my camera to computer so I apologize if I missed ya at the event.

SongFight Live Santa Cruz: High and Dry

If your name is missing from a caption, I got something wrong or you just want your picture removed, let me know! I will be without an Internet connection until Sunday night so I promise changes will be made by then.

On a related note, I uploaded our take for the All Tan coverart, too.

Have you had your bagel day?
Rabid Garfunkel
Jump
Instruments: Absurdity
Recording Method: iPhone, GarageBand & rando apps/toys
Submitting as: OZYMANDIPUS, Rabid Garfunkel, Primitive Screwheads
Pronouns: that guy

Re: Photos from Tawny!

Post by Rabid Garfunkel »

Tawny wrote:If your name is missing from a caption, I got something wrong or you just want your picture removed, let me know! I will be without an Internet connection until Sunday night so I promise changes will be made by then.

Have you had your bagel day?
Theremin player for Brody is/was Rabid Garfunkel. Digging that Hassidic bang I had going on, heh.

Nice flash action there. No red cast from the stage/venue lights or anything. To be blunt... who were you there at the show? Would've liked to have met the Tawny of the most impressive cover arttressness. Thanks for the goofy memories. :lol:
"Urban cartoon music." -- Paco Del Stinko
Be my friend? --- Song of the Day
Tawny
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Re: Photos from Tawny!

Post by Tawny »

Rabid Garfunkel wrote: Theremin player for Brody is/was Rabid Garfunkel. Digging that Hassidic bang I had going on, heh.

Nice flash action there. No red cast from the stage/venue lights or anything. To be blunt... who were you there at the show? Would've liked to have met the Tawny of the most impressive cover arttressness. Thanks for the goofy memories. :lol:
alo! I loved that thermin action. Name is fixed! I'm Plat's wife so I was mostly around him at the show. And Puce, too -- except for the wife part. Sorry I didn't catch up with you; I'm not as much of a social artist as I'd like to be. ;) I didn't even really meet JB until we were leaving the afterparty.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Post by Lunkhead »

Great pictures, Tawny, thanks! By the way, Tiny Robot's singer's name is Erin.
king_arthur
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar, vocals, bass, BIAB, keyboards (synth anything)
Recording Method: Tascam DP-24SD
Submitting as: King Arthur

Post by king_arthur »

Pictures have started showing up in the SF Gallery -

http://www.songfight.net/gallery/

The pictures I posted for the Friday night show and the LiveFight should have been larger size-wise... I don't see any way that I can delete the old ones and re-post the larger ones, but you can go to my webshots site (see earlier post) and get the originals...

Charles (KA)
Last edited by king_arthur on Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"...one does not write in dactylic hexameter purely by accident..." - poetic designs
drë
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar
Recording Method: protools
Submitting as: Andre was here at Midnight

Post by drë »

Thanks to Bjam, KA, and twany for the great photos..
Charles and twany are quite the photographers..
Bjam i was looking forward to the picture someone took of us, after the show. Guess it didn’t make it..:(
pretty sure heidi pictures will be great too.
Bjam
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Singin', Guitarin', Mandolinin'

Post by Bjam »

dre wrote: Bjam i was looking forward to the picture someone took of us, after the show. Guess it didn’t make it..:(
Edit: Never mind. Here it is. It's just real grainy. (The light in there was kinda awful to take photos, unless you had a super duper camera)
Songfighter since back in the day.
drë
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar
Recording Method: protools
Submitting as: Andre was here at Midnight

Post by drë »

like it, cool thanks.
heidi
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by heidi »

my pictures from day one will be posted tonight!! sorry for the delay, i've had some technical difficulties and jeff had to bail me out ....
Jefff
Push Comes to Shove
Submitting as: PPV

Post by Jefff »

Jefff
Push Comes to Shove

Post by Jefff »

My favorite is Rachael throwing the horns in this one: http://flickr.com/photos/50059589@N00/2 ... 250344018/
prayformojo
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Vocals, Melodica, Misc. Noisemakers, Etc.
Recording Method: 2 old bean cans and a piece of string
Submitting as: prayformojo, prayformojo and his Good Times Fun Band, The Mojos, etc...

Post by prayformojo »

Jefff wrote:My favorite is Rachael throwing the horns in this one: http://flickr.com/photos/50059589@N00/2 ... 250344018/
I love that Rachael bring the rock no matter where she goes.
White people, is you funky?
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band

Post by jb »

I've created a Song Fight group on Flickr.

When the songfight.net gallery was created, I'm pretty sure there was no Flickr. So, I don't much care which you post your pics to. :) When I get around to it, I'll see if I can link to the group from sf.net

Note: You must add me (profile name: singrrr) as a contact in order to get an invite to join the Song Fight! group.

jb
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy
heidi
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by heidi »

okay dudes and dudettes,

my pictures from night 1 are in full effect. i got at least a few from everyone's set, so take a gander. feel free to use as you wish, though credit is nice if you post them online somewhere, if only because i like to see my name in writing.

also, if you decide you like your mug enough to get a print, or something, let me know because flickr has a nasty habit of making pictures slightly darker and less vibrant. i can send you the original file. you may also notice that my camera is a bit dirty thus causing some pixelation in certain spots. i didn't take any of these to photoshop because i uploaded them at work and time and resources here are limited.

anyway, enjoy! night 2 should be up some time tomorrow, i'm guessing...

http://flickr.com/photos/norobot/sets/7 ... 250473742/
Jefff
Push Comes to Shove

Post by Jefff »

heidi wrote:you may also notice that my camera is a bit dirty thus causing some pixelation in certain spots.
Which is to say that after a certain point, you'll find all the pictures have an identical pattern of spots on them. They're not big and photoshop should be able to take care of them. If anybody needs any help with a specific photo, let me know.