MY NEW FAVOURITE SHOW IS.....

Blab about the Boob Tube.
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

MY NEW FAVOURITE SHOW IS.....

Post by Leaf »

Malcom in the Middle.

How could I have missed this show all these years? It helps that it's in syndication and on from 10 - 11 Mon-Thurs, so I can actually watch it!

My wife and I watch it cause we laugh our asses off (great for weight loss)and it reminds us that we are indeed decent parents!

The only shame about it is that Frankie Munz gets central billing, cause it truely is an ensemble cast (which is is of couse an integral part of) and I think they all deserve their due....
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

I think more and more the show is focusing on Dewey, the youngest brother. Might be a marketing error to put Malcom's name in the title, eh? Anyway, Leaf, are you digging the recent episodes, or old reruns? Because I didn't like most of the last season. Jumped too many sharks, too reliant on too many gimmicks.
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
Poor June
Panama

Post by Poor June »

Everybody Loves Raymond...

i never used to watch it... but i've been catching the old re-runs and what not... and it's a really funny show
"You haven't been really bad in a long time." - jim of seattle

<a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/poorj ... htm">music page</a>
Leaf
Jump
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

Generic wrote:I think more and more the show is focusing on Dewey, the youngest brother. Might be a marketing error to put Malcom's name in the title, eh? Anyway, Leaf, are you digging the recent episodes, or old reruns? Because I didn't like most of the last season. Jumped too many sharks, too reliant on too many gimmicks.

Yeah, it's been a lot of reruns... we haven't even seen any where the baby is born. Dewey is awesome!! I think the whole program has (or maybe had?) great writing, directing, etc. I have n't seen any new season that I know of... other than maybe one last night where the parents go away and these punks take over the house to use it as a meth lab, and dewey ends up calling their moms... funny.
mkilly
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar

Post by mkilly »

boston legal's good, i think.
"It is really true what philosophy tells us, that life must be understood backwards. But with this, one forgets the second proposition, that it must be lived forwards." Søren Kierkegaard
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

Leaf wrote:
Yeah, it's been a lot of reruns... we haven't even seen any where the baby is born. Dewey is awesome!! I think the whole program has (or maybe had?) great writing, directing, etc. I have n't seen any new season that I know of... other than maybe one last night where the parents go away and these punks take over the house to use it as a meth lab, and dewey ends up calling their moms... funny.
Yeah, that was a good one. But there was a whole series where Lois was going crazy and Hal was in a huge legal battle because he was implicated in some corporate fraud, and Reese joined the army, and everything piled up, and it was like watching a soap opera. And then I haven't seen it for a while, because TV access is limited severely up here.
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

Speaking of soap operas, they recently released the first two seasons of Soap on DVD and I've been watching those. Reminds me of how cool that show is. Although I think I mentioned that already recently.
Also, Invader Zim is an awesome cartoon, not really a kids' show.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
Calfborg
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Calfborg »

I've started to watch Nip/Tuck (currently reruns)...it's pretty good. I saw episode of The Shield for the first time last week and I liked that. Desperate Housewives is pretty entertaining, too.
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

Generic wrote:I think more and more the show is focusing on Dewey, the youngest brother.
Hmm, dewey isn't the youngest brother, Jamie is. Critical dismissals work better when based on accurate comment.

(Which I suppose invalidates the title.)
the Jazz
Push Comes to Shove

Post by the Jazz »

mkilly wrote:boston legal's good, i think.
Very entertaining. James Spader + William Shatner = T3H AWXOM3

Malcolm in the Middle is a great show, that one where they got into a brawl with a bunch of clowns at the batting cages? That was comic genius right there.
Let cake eat them.
prayformojo
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Vocals, Melodica, Misc. Noisemakers, Etc.
Recording Method: 2 old bean cans and a piece of string
Submitting as: prayformojo, prayformojo and his Good Times Fun Band, The Mojos, etc...

Post by prayformojo »

I just finished watching teh first season of The O.C. on DVD. That show is fucking awesome. Seriously, I really didn't think I was goign to like it, but now I am completely addicted.
White people, is you funky?
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

Television here is particularly bad at the moment. The commercial channels are full of either Big Brother/Austalian Idol-style rubbish (or even worse, the imported American equivalents), bad American sit-coms (I really Hate Raymond) or seemingly endless permutations of police shows with "CSI" in the title. The ABC is not much better as it seems to show tedious English police shows 24 hours a day (mainly The Bill).

I recently got all the episodes of Blackadder on DVD. So that's pretty much all I watch now the footy seasons over. (Oh, and South Park and Queer Eye - the only highlights of the television week)
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

SAD STATE OF AFFAIRS;

It's no secret I'm a hockey fan, and thus severely pissed at both sides of this retarded lockout... that I'll watch reruns of games from the 70's. Last night the sportsnet network broadcast an AHL game, and I was completely enraptured... hockey is like crack for me.

And yes, this is television, as I am a spectator, so I'd hardly call drinking beer, watchin hockey and lazing on the couch a "sport"... if it was... I'd be in the top ten in scoring right now....
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

Caravan Ray wrote:tedious English police shows 24 hours a day (mainly The Bill).
I would like to apologise on behalf of the UK for 'The Bill'. It has only one redeeming feature - it gives young jobing actors (20-25) their first chance on telly. But it is dogshit.
Caravan Ray wrote:. So that's pretty much all I watch now the footy seasons over. (Oh, and South Park and Queer Eye - the only highlights of the television week)
Aussie football or soccer?

What I watch on TV at the moment - football (though both my teams are doing shite at the moment), Battlestar galactica - how good is this new series? Very. Six Feet Under. QI. The Simpsons. Malcom in the Middle ('cos it's on after the Simpsons) Occasionally Oliver Beene (purely for the hilariously gay 12 year old. You'll know who I mean if you've seen it. Otherwise it's pretty dull.) Other than that I'm far too busy planning how to rock my fanbase from week to week [/ahem]

J$
HeuristicsInc
Beat It

Post by HeuristicsInc »

Leaf wrote: It's no secret I'm a hockey fan, and thus severely pissed at both sides of this retarded lockout....
I'm with you, Leaf, I'm worried that my team (Buffalo) isn't going to survive it, as they already had financial problems before this crap. Grr.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

j$ wrote:
I would like to apologise on behalf of the UK for 'The Bill'. It has only one redeeming feature - it gives young jobing actors (20-25) their first chance on telly. But it is dogshit.
I think its part of some bizarre brain-washing experiment being carried out by your (our?) Royal Family to get their empire back. The ABC shows it I think 3 nights a week and repeats of old shows during the day. Whenever it comes on - every person in the country over the age of 50 goes into a trance like state and says - "ooh, I can't leave the house - The Bill's on..."

or maybe it's just your revenge for Neighbours

j$ wrote:

Aussie football or soccer?
J$
The noble art of Rugby Leauge.

Not only do we get the matches in winter - but also The Footy Show. It's a wonderful variety show on every Thursday night in football season which consists almost exclusively of large ugly front-row forwards prancing around in dresses and generally making gooses of themselves. Television gold!

Speaking of the League, you must be excited about the World Cup going on in the UK at the moment. Or maybe not - interest in Rugby Leage seems to be limited to 2 Australian states (NSW and Qld), a handful of suburbs in Aukland New Zealand and Wigan - which I believe is a town somewhare in England. A RL World Cup is only slightly less ridiculus than what the Septics call their Baseball "World Series".
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

I used to watch the line up of King o' hill, simpsons, m in m, and then finally the X-files. When they broke that up I stopped watching.

However, and I don't get to watch it as much as I'd like to. Not as avid about it.

Law and Order: Criminal Intent

Awesome show comes on at 9pm on Sundays. Vincent D. is the man.
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band

Post by jb »

Come on Hobs, try to spell it. I want to watch.
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

Hoblit wrote:
Law and Order: Criminal Intent

Awesome show comes on at 9pm on Sundays. Vincent D. is the man.
i agree. this is a really good show, carried by VD's acting, but i also think the supporting cast acting (his partner, his boss, the ADA) are all good. good writing. but i'm a huge VD fan, and this show and Lost are really the only shows i make an effort to watch regularly.

what i really love about this show...VD almost never gets "physical" with the suspects. the inimidation is all mental. he'll get right in their face and get all twitchy but the cops NEVER manhandle the suspects.
Hi!
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

HeuristicsInc wrote:
Leaf wrote: It's no secret I'm a hockey fan, and thus severely pissed at both sides of this retarded lockout....
I'm with you, Leaf, I'm worried that my team (Buffalo) isn't going to survive it, as they already had financial problems before this crap. Grr.
-bill

You're not a Caps fan living in Maryland???

Hey, my family is from Maryland....my great-great etc granddad's name is on the builders of the John HOpkins building list or whatever....

But ya, Buffalo got into trouble when they lost Hasek... Drury's a good player, but the face of the team? yous in trouble with or without a lockout.

Imagine if all your favourite musicians started "holding out" albums cause they were'nt happy making 1.8 million a year AVERAGE salary... boo hoo the market can't support it, so they up the cost of cds... uh....shit that already happened.

Fuck'em all.

Looking forward to some new tunes this week people....

...and I got nothing on the tv thing right now!
HeuristicsInc
Beat It

Post by HeuristicsInc »

Leaf wrote: You're not a Caps fan living in Maryland???
Well, no, I'm FROM Buffalo. Why would I switch allegiances? That would be wrong.
Hey, my family is from Maryland....my great-great etc granddad's name is on the builders of the John HOpkins building list or whatever....
Oh yeah? I work for Hopkins. 'Cept my buildings were built in the 50's or something :)
But ya, Buffalo got into trouble when they lost Hasek... Drury's a good player, but the face of the team? yous in trouble with or without a lockout.
Satan's my man... not the Prince of Darkness, the hockey player. Miroslav.
-bill
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

j$ wrote:
Generic wrote:I think more and more the show is focusing on Dewey, the youngest brother.
Hmm, dewey isn't the youngest brother, Jamie is. Critical dismissals work better when based on accurate comment.

(Which I suppose invalidates the title.)
You realize that he's watching four-year-old episodes, from before Jamie was born, right?