One for the brits

Go ahead, get it off your chest.
obscurity
Mean Street
Instruments: Keyboards (88-note and qwerty), guitar, bass & edrums.
Recording Method: Pod X3 Live & Yamaha 01X -> Cubase 5 & Komplete 5
Submitting as: soon as I see a title that inspires me.

One for the brits

Post by obscurity »

This is a good cause. Please consider signing up.
obscurity.

"Only the great masters of style ever succeed in being obscure." - Oscar Wilde.
frankie big face
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Vocals, Bass, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Keyboard, Violin, Other Stuff
Recording Method: Logic, UAD Apollo Twin, aging iMac
Submitting as: frankie big face

Post by frankie big face »

What?!?! You loved him in 1997. I just saw a whole movie about it. ;)
obscurity
Mean Street

Post by obscurity »

Joking aside, there's a move about Blair?
obscurity.

frankie big face
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Vocals, Bass, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Keyboard, Violin, Other Stuff
Recording Method: Logic, UAD Apollo Twin, aging iMac
Submitting as: frankie big face

Post by frankie big face »

The Queen, starring Helen Mirren.
obscurity
Mean Street

Post by obscurity »

Somehow I'd got the idea that was about Elizabeth II. Can't think why :)

(Was it good?)
obscurity.

Bjam
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Singin', Guitarin', Mandolinin'

Post by Bjam »

So very good.
Songfighter since back in the day.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

Do you see Her Majesy The Queen's tits in that movie?

Every Helen Mirrin film I've ever seen, there always seems to be at least one "tits out" scene. For an old sheila - she does love getting her kit off.

I mean...I don't really want to see Her Royal Highnesses tits, but...you know...some might.
Sheail
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: Guitars, keys
Submitting as: Idle Susan, Sheail, Mother Funker
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Sheail »

I saw her pop them out at the theatre a few years ago. With something like that it's always better live.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

Mother Funker wrote:I saw her pop them out at the theatre a few years ago. With something like that it's always better live.
Who? Helen Mirren or The Queen?
mico saudad
Mean Street

Post by mico saudad »

I was living in Britain when Blair got elected, and he was soooo much better than Major. And since then, besides the whole Iraq thing, as far as I can tell that government has kicked ass. I honestly have no clue why he's taking the beating that he is (aside from the whole Iraq thing, which admittedly I'm at a loss to explain other than that he's just been a loyal ally and trusted America to do what was best, jokes on you.)

I watch him on the Prime Ministers questions and he's funny and articulate and direct and relatively humble and usually right. I still like him for what it's worth and don't blame him in the least for my country's boondoggle. If Britain hadn't gone along our close ties would've been strained and Bush would've ignored Britain like it did the rest of the world.

my £0.02
Caravan Ray
bono
bono

Post by Caravan Ray »

mico saudad wrote:I was living in Britain when Blair got elected, and he was soooo much better than Major. And since then, besides the whole Iraq thing, as far as I can tell that government has kicked ass. I honestly have no clue why he's taking the beating that he is (aside from the whole Iraq thing, which admittedly I'm at a loss to explain other than that he's just been a loyal ally and trusted America to do what was best, jokes on you.)

I watch him on the Prime Ministers questions and he's funny and articulate and direct and relatively humble and usually right. I still like him for what it's worth and don't blame him in the least for my country's boondoggle. If Britain hadn't gone along our close ties would've been strained and Bush would've ignored Britain like it did the rest of the world.

my £0.02
Generally I agree. From my side of the world, Blair likewise appeared intelligent, humane and compassionate. Furthermore he is a Labour PM. I'm sure there are many in his party who would consider him a traitor of the worst type. Certainly many Labor Party members in Aus. would think so. Why he went along with GWB's nonsense has always puzzled me. At least in Australia, our PM was always known to be just a slimy little politician. He supported the USA because he was trying to push a Free Trade Deal through at the time. No one ever expected John Howard's decicion making processes to be complicated by messy considerations truth or morality.
Me$$iah
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: I just bought a 12 string and a stratocaster with a whammy bar
Recording Method: Sonic-Core
Submitting as: infrequently as ever

Post by Me$$iah »

I also agree..

Other than the lies, corruption, sleaze, billions of wasted pounds, faliure of policies, slow introduction of a police state, increases in social injustice, his messianic problems, failing schools hospitals , prisons that are now so full ex-millitary bases might be opened as a tempory measure 'till more jails can be built oh and the whole Iraq thing - Blair has done quite well.

He also has excellent media savvy and is great at selling his wonderful job all round the world.

Tho it appears that he lives in his own world, one where everything is great.

I hate Blair, always have... damn my anarchism.... hes just another face to sell the policies, he'll be replaced and the same show goes on.
Sheail
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Sheail »

In response to the previous question it was Mirren, not the actual Queen, with her norks out.

Glad someone mentioned the prison overcrowding thing. Reducing sentences and releasing so called 'non dangerous' criminals cos there ain't no room - yeesh. Plus he's under police scrutiny for supposedly being involved in selling peerages in exchange for party donations. I'd like to be a peer actually. You get to sit in the house of lords and wave bits of paper around.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono

Post by Caravan Ray »

Mother Funker wrote:In response to the previous question it was Mirren, not the actual Queen, with her norks out.

Glad someone mentioned the prison overcrowding thing. Reducing sentences and releasing so called 'non dangerous' criminals cos there ain't no room - yeesh. Plus he's under police scrutiny for supposedly being involved in selling peerages in exchange for party donations. I'd like to be a peer actually. You get to sit in the house of lords and wave bits of paper around.
My wife and I were watching "Yes Minister" and discussing that the other night (the House of Lords...not the Queen's funbags). How does the HOL work nowdays? Is it all just peer and bishops and old PM's and stuff - or are people actually elected to it? Can non-elected people really stop legislation? - or potentially bring down a government (as happened in Aus in 1975)? Is it good to have a non-elected House of review - after all - most voters are stupid - look at the success of Big Brother.

(Disclaimer: - Most of my knowledge of the House of Lords comes from the episode of Blackadder where Baldrick is elevated there by Prince George after being elected as Member for Dunny-on-the-Wold)
Sheail
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Sheail »

As I understand it only the PM or the Queen can make you a lord. Most I think are former MPs, like Baroness Thatcher. They quite like to block legislation, like proposals to ban fox hunting.