Songfight Tour Travel Plans

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff
Pronouns: he/him

Songfight Tour Travel Plans

Post by ken »

Here is where we talk about sharing rides, gear, and hotels.

I'm looking into renting a van or something for the Northern half of this tour. I'm not sure who might like to be a part of that.

Ken
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
glennny
Jump
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Mandolin, Dobro, Banjo, E-Bow, Glock
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene

Post by glennny »

I still don't have the go ahead from work for the Northern 1/2, but it's looking good.

My plan was to rent a vehicle of some sort to drive to Seattle and then fly home from Seattle. I might be in on that with you. I have a cousin in Portland proper I'm going to stay with, and I could ask how many he feels comfortable accomodating.

Seattle, I'll probably get a hotel.

I was planning on traveling with guitar and bass and mandolin, hoping there would be amplification available.
Phillipso, Older Brothers, Semolina Pilchards, Zipline , Thank Glennny for the Frisbee, The Odoriferous Valley, The Worldly Self Assurance, Berkeley Social Scene, Very Gentle Knives, Daddy Bop Swing Set, GUNS, The Kraken Lives, Cavedwellers
Spud
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, eHorn
Submitting as: Octothorpe

Post by Spud »

This is a gear post, regarding the Seattle show.

The venue has a sound system. I will be going there to check it out this week but it sounds like at least an 8-channel powered mackie, with house speakers, blah, blah, blah. Keep in mind that it IS a chai house, although I don't think we need to be totally unplugged.

Octothorpe will provide drums, a bass amp (note: I do not have a guitar amp), DI boxes, a nord lead, electronic 88-key piano (if desired), mics, stands, various guitars, basses, minimal effects, cables, snake (if we need it) etc. Unfortunately, I do not have a traditional 4-string fretted bass, but it sounds like that might be covered as well.

We will need volunteers to man the merch table and the door.
"I only listen to good music. And Octothorpe." - Marcus Kellis
Song Fight! The Rockening
mico saudad
Mean Street

Post by mico saudad »

I would like the use of the 88 key piano, Spud.
Also I'm going to go to Mr. Spot's this week on Thursday (8pm) for their open mic to check it out. Were you going that night or another? If so we could play a little bit and plug the event...

LA, Portland, Seattle: I'm bringing an acoustic-electric and a fretted bass
(no guitar amp either)

Seattle->LA (flying 23rd)
LA->Seattle (flying 26th)
Seattle->Portland (drive 29th)
Portland->Seattle (drive 30th)

I was planning on taking my tiny miata to portland and back, but if seattle people are looking to carpool down and back I'm glad to tag along and share the gas....
Spud
Hot for Teacher

Post by Spud »

Octothorpe Travel Plans:

Octovan to Portland with:

Spud
Mad Dog
Fluffy
Crash
Equipment (guitars and one keyboard)

It IS a six passenger van, so if we take out one seat, we should be able to fit a pile of guitars as well as Mico. We will be leaving at say noon on Thursday and returning after the show. Really. We have to get to work. I assume that some of you will be sleeping in the van.
blue
Ice Cream Man

Post by blue »

Spud wrote:We will need volunteers to man the merch table and the door.
Spud
Hot for Teacher

Post by Spud »

Excellent. Is he available?
Spud
Hot for Teacher

Post by Spud »

mico saudad wrote:... I'm going to go to Mr. Spot's this week on Thursday (8pm) for their open mic to check it out. Were you going that night or another? If so we could play a little bit and plug the event...
Good plan, Sir. I will be there.
ken
Hot for Teacher

Post by ken »

Plugging the show is a great idea!

My lady and I will be driving this tour:

SF-LA 3/24
LA-SF 3/26

SF-PDX 3/28
PDX-SEA 3/30

We'll probably spend the rest of the weekend meandering home.

Ken
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Post by Lunkhead »

Erin and I are flying to Seattle late Thursday night before the gig. We're probably going to stay at a bed and breakfast downtown or in Capitol Hill. We fly home Monday afternoon. I can maybe bring a guitar or fretted bass if they are needed. We'll probably be renting a car, too, while we're in town.

As for LA, we're planning to drive, either Friday or Saturday. I can bring guitars, a bass, amps, or whatever is needed. Erin's friends really want us to stay with them at their ranch in the valley, so we'll probably be staying there, which would complicate us driving/riding with people, but not make it impossible.

It doesn't sound like there will be anyone from afar playing at the Bay Area show(s), but if a person or a couple wants to come and might need a place to crash, PM me and we can maybe work something out.
Rabid Garfunkel
Jump
Instruments: Absurdity
Recording Method: iPhone, GarageBand & rando apps/toys
Submitting as: OZYMANDIPUS, Rabid Garfunkel, Primitive Screwheads
Pronouns: that guy

Post by Rabid Garfunkel »

Hardware at the PDX Venue:
Sound Manifest for the Bitter End Pub

* 1 Audix OM-2 & 1 Shure SM58
* 3 mic stands, 2 instrument mic stands
* 2 DB100 direct boxes
* Mains-mid/high: 2 Yorkville EF508 (15" + 1.4" driver)
* Mains-low: 2 Yorkville Pulse 18 (single 18")
* Mains power: Yorkville AP4040 (highs 1200 watts, lows 1200 watts)
* Mains x-over: Ashly
* Mains protection: Internal and Behringer composer
* Mains EQ: White 4700-1/3 oct EQ
* Mixer: A+H Mixwizard
* Monitor power: Crown XLS602
* Monitor mix 1: 2 Yorkville EF508 (15" + 1.4" driver)
* Monitor mix 2: 1 Yorkville EM401 (15" + 1" driver)
* Monitor EQs: White instruments 4700-2 dual 1/3 oct EQ
* External EQ: Alesis midiverb II
* 1 12-channel snake provided from mixer to floor

Which is all pretty much gibberish to me, heh. But the guy playing drums for the Screwheads this time around put it together and set it up for the pub in the first place, so...

I'll be providing 2 guitar amps, bass amp, drum set, asst. microphones for the backline.

Trying to find an A/E acoustic guitar (all I have is an Ovation with the deep bowl back that doesn't sit right on the belly when you're standing up, IMO).

In the personal gear is an electric guitar (that freakish green Burns that I hauled to Santa Cruz), a fretted bass, concertina, and whatever anyone else wants me to haul along. Guitarwise in the apartment is a Gibson Blueshawk and a temperamental hollowbody. Any other requests I might be able to fill if you give me enough time :wink:

The Screwheads will be travelling to Seattle with the aforementioned Burns, a fretted bass, concertina, & drumsticks (and toys for Marcus, and anyone else who wants them)

What we need in Seattle: 2 guitar amps, 4 vocal mikes, bass amp, drumset. We can haul along one of the amps from PDX if needed, Spud.

Not a freaking clue where we're staying in Seattle, yet.
Last edited by Rabid Garfunkel on Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Urban cartoon music." -- Paco Del Stinko
Be my friend? --- Song of the Day
Spud
Hot for Teacher

Post by Spud »

Seattle: fluffy MIGHT be able to provide one guitar amp (not speaking for him, but just hoping). How about you, Mico? Got one?

SPUD
ken
Hot for Teacher

Post by ken »

I'll bring mine if it is a problem, or I could bring up one for the Screwheads. I remember Puce bringing an amp the last time we played Seattle.

Ken

anti-m
Ice Cream Man
Submitting as: Anti-m, Jeplexe

Post by anti-m »

Hey Rabid!

I attempted to send a reply PM to you, but Mozilla kept barfing.

So! stuff I have:

I have a crappy acoustic guitar, which people are welcome to use chez Portland, although it is wee, has some minor neck warpage, and tends to lack low-end beefiness. It also currently lacks any kind of pickup, although I'm thinking it's about time I went and got a cheap one that I could pop in. All that said, I love my little crappy guitar, and I'm sure it will treat you right!

I was thinking I might also bring the musical saw, in case anyone, in a fit of eclecticism, decided that his set might benefit from the spacey warblings of "the acoustic theramin." If anyone would like me to figure out some parts for any specific songs, lemme know.

Also available is a ridiculous, ancient Yamaha keyboard with wee little keys. It has RCA outs and no midi.

I also have one decent mic (58), a goofy delay pedal, a pedal I call "the gonkulator" (more or less a really noisy chorus) and a small assortment of cables and patches. Lemme know if you need such.

I will also sing for anyone who needs additional vox of any kind.

I think that's about it. I don't have very much useful stuff, unfortunately! I could probably scrounge some stuff if anyone is desperate!

[edit: oh for the love of... that's SM 58. Not "5-smiley face" mic]

--Em
Adam!
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Drum 'n' Bass (but not THAT Drum 'n' Bass)
Recording Method: Reaper + Stock Plugins
Submitting as: Max Bombast

Post by Adam! »

ken wrote:I remember Puce bringing an amp the last time we played Seattle.
I hadn't planned on bringing my amp, but I could. The real question is does anyone really want to play on it?

If so, I'll bring it.

Oh hell, I'll bring it anyway.
Rabid Garfunkel
Jump

Hey thanks, auntie! By all means, bring the saw. How's your improv skills on it? Heh. I think we've got the keyboard angle covered already.

Not having much finding an a/e guitar for y'all to play onstage *so* the fallback of the Ovation is looking more & more like what's going to be up there for youse guys. If anyone's violently opposed, or just plain uncomfortable with the beast let me know soonish.

Blue's not going to be at the PDX show, is he? :lol:

Fluffy, Puce, thanks! Much appreciated! :D
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

I didn't realize there was yet another thread about this shin-dig. Okay.

GEAR

Like I said in one of the other 238492432 threads, I will bring, to Portland and Seattle,

* one Epiphone semi-hollow body electric guitar (beech, with plaid strap)
* one Ibanez acoustic guitar (blue, with blue strap)
* one Marshall solid-state guitar amp with pretty good tube modeling (black, with stand)
* a simple one-track loop pedal (I presume Mico Saudad is bringing his much more capable three-track one as well)

If requested, I can also bring some of the following, space permitting in the OctoVan (in the case of Portland, not a concern in Seattle):

* 88-key hammer-action keyboard with pretty good piano/organ/etc. patches (whether we use mine or Spud's is largely irrelevant, though personally I think mine is a bit more stage-friendly and portable)
* a SIDstation
* the world's worst electric violin
* a sunny disposition (though I'll have to look for it)

As the Seattle venue is just a few blocks from my home, pretty much all of my gear could conceivably be used for the Seattle show, though aside from the above there's not much to add aside from mic stands, a mixer, a cheap fretless bass, a crap-asstic Fender Squier, etc.

LODGING

My understanding is that the OctoVan will go down to Portland and then return to Seattle the same night, so members of neither Octothorpe nor Sockpuppet will require lodging.

I have both a couch and a futon in my apartment (again, conveniently very close to the venue) which are already spoken for, but I also have plenty of floor space for anyone who is desperate for somewhere to sleep in Seattle.
Rabid Garfunkel
Jump

fluffy, sorry, didn't catch your inventory in the other thread. :oops: You can spare some space in the PDX OctoVan leaving the Marshall amp in Seattle, if you need the space (unless you're totally set on playing through it, of course. That ain't a problem, either).

Are there any 3 guitar bands coming to play Portland?

The Ibanez is the one that was @ Spudfest last March? Molto grazie, mucho gusto, yo.
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

I'm not particularly attached to playing through the Marshall, no. That'll help. I'll still bring it to the Seattle show of course. I'm pretty sure we're going to do all our own sound rather than use the house sound.

The Ibanez was at SpudFest, yeah. The Epiphone is my current 'baby,' though I still play the Ibanez a lot too. I may use them both in my set(s), depending on what works out for drums (if nobody will drum for me I'd might as well do an acoustic set).
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

Okay, Octothorpe wants to keep the gear in the OctoVan to the bare minimum, so unless someone desperately wants to play on the Ibanez, I'm only going to be bringing my Epiphone and the loop pedal, since those are the only things I need for my set. Also I guess the only keyboard we're bringing is the Nord Lead, which doesn't have a weighted keyboard.

For the Seattle venue I can of course bring the whole complement of listed gear.
Rabid Garfunkel
Jump

Pls bring the Ibanez to Portland, fluffy. Otherwise the g&g crew plays on an Ovation round bowl belly wiggler.
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

Okay.