Duncan's New Play!

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
Duncan, of Level Nivelo
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Duncan's New Play!

Post by Duncan, of Level Nivelo »

Hey everyone! It's been forever since I posted a song here (I got a new computer, and my recording equipment has been messed up since).

But I wanted to let you know about my new Musical, since one of the songs in it was actually developed through SongFight!
My "A Day in the Life" made it into the musical, with only slight lyric changes.

For those of you in the New York area, who are interested, here's all the info on the show: http://www.superpickle.com/ceb/impediments.php

Duncan

Admit Impediments
(A Musical Comedy of Marriage: Gay, Straight, and Convenient)

Written by Duncan Pflaster
Directed by Clara Barton Green

Starring: Tony Chiroldes*, Booth Daniels, Alexandra Finger*, Paula Galloway, Duncan Pflaster, and Nicholas Santasier

* indicates member of Actor’s Equity; an Equity approved Showcase

Two-time Spotlight On Award-Winning Playwright Duncan Pflaster goes the musical route to tackle the thorny issue of marital rights in the United States. When Josh invites his friends over to see him propose to his girlfriend Chaminade, it causes friction with their gay friends Ritchie and Dominic; as well as with their friend Victoria, who spitefully marries a random Middle-Eastern man in a quickie Las Vegas wedding. Topical and timeless, and filled with humor, love and toe-tapping music, this tale about marriage and love is sure to be both humorous and thought-provoking.

Mondays through Wednesdays at 8PM
April 30 - May 23rd, 2007
Part of the MITF's Next Step Development Series
at Where Eagles Dare theatre - 347 W. 36th St .

Tickets $18 ($15 Students and Seniors)
through SmartTix.com or call 212-868-4444

Press Contact: Judd Hollander - 212-242-1648, BNCHPEOP@aol.com
Bjam
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Singin', Guitarin', Mandolinin'

Post by Bjam »

Sounds good. If I'm in NYC I'll check it out.
Songfighter since back in the day.
Kamakura
Panama
Instruments: Drums, Guitar, Keys, Howling
Recording Method: LogicPro on a clapped out Mac, or Studio One on PC
Submitting as: Kamakura
Pronouns: he/him/idiot

Post by Kamakura »

Congratulations, Duncan! That's amazing!
Good luck with the run.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

https://kamakura.bandcamp.com