Apocalypto

Because everybody thinks they have an opinion.
starfinger
Panama
Instruments: electricity
Recording Method: traveler mk1
Submitting as: starfinger

Apocalypto

Post by starfinger »

What a great movie.
(No thread??)

-craig
jute gyte
Mean Street

Post by jute gyte »

I was amused that you could instantly tell who the hero would be because he was the only member of the tribe with straight, white teeth (much like Jesus' in Passion of the Christ: dedicated to twice-daily brushing even during the 40 days in the desert, I presume).

On a more serious note, this was a bad action movie masquerading as something more worthwhile.
"I believe the common character of the universe is not harmony, but hostility, chaos and murder." - Werner Herzog
jute gyte
starfinger
Panama
Instruments: electricity
Recording Method: traveler mk1
Submitting as: starfinger

Post by starfinger »

I didn't notice the teeth thing, but I that's pretty funny. I thought the story worked well enough, but the real star was the atmosphere created by the cinematography, costume/makeup, etc.. Anyway, it really drew me in... certainly more than a lot of movies with renowned plots.

-craig
fodroy
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: none
Recording Method: ears
Submitting as: praise muzak

Post by fodroy »

I liked it the first time I saw it because it was fast and exciting and had the best jaguar eating someone's face scene ever. Then the second time I turned it off a quarter of the way through because I remembered it's just a bunch of naked, bloody people running.