Nur Ein III Round One "Sleepwalking"

There can be only one.
MC Eric B
Push Comes to Shove

Re: Nur Ein III- Round One

Post by MC Eric B »

Niveous - I totally agree with you, I am a horrible singer. My songs would sound much much better if somebody else sang them. Maybe at some point I will hook up with somebody to do the singing part.
Reist
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Drums, Guitar
Recording Method: Yamaha AW1600, Reaper
Submitting as: Therman

Re: Nur Ein III- Round One

Post by Reist »

Niveous wrote:Lyrically, this is a bit weak. "I'm gonna fall if I don't let go" for instance grated on me.
I just want to clarify some of my lyric choices (since a lot of people seemed annoyed by them).

"I'm gonna fall if I don't let go" - if this is grating on you because it doesn't really make sense, I'll try and make sense of it for you (although I'm sure you already know what it means - being Niveous - you write a lot of lyrics, right?). I was just saying with that line that I need to be the one to make the inevitable choice. Going out in flames seems less appealing to me than just letting go. Does the lyric still seem lame with a bit of backstory? Or did you not like it for different reasons?

"Excuse me if I blur the line between sleepwalking ... and walking ... and walking away" - I intended that to be a line cutting 3 different things in half. Sorry if it grated on all the listeners, but I can't really imagine the line another way.