I beat Gyruss once.
Sober
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Mandolin, hammond, dobro, banjo
Recording Method: Pro Tools
Pronouns: he/him

PS3 ff7 saves?

Post by Sober »

Disc 1 of FF7 is scratched up pretty bad, and it's now freezing during the Shinra HQ. I'm trying to find a gamesave out there at the end of disc1/beginning of disc2. This page has dexdrive and ps3 saves, but the ps3 saves are all end-game (why? who cares?), and the dexdrive ones don't work (tried it anyway).

Suggestions?
🤠
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop
Submitting as: Cock, Chth*.*, D.A.H. (Der Alter Hahn)
Pronouns: His Infernal Majesty

Re: PS3 ff7 saves?

Post by ujnhunter »

hrmm... not sure mate, I didn't like FF7 so never played that much of it... and certainly not on my PS3... but how would you send the files? can you copy saves to a memory stick? or perhaps send them to friends on PSN?
-Ujn Hunter
Photovoltaik - Free 6 Track EP - Song Fight! Liner Notes
Billy's Little Trip wrote:I must have this....in my mouth.....now.
Sober
Ice Cream Man

Post by Sober »

Yeah, you can move save data for psx/2/3 games around on external drives, and therefore the interwebs. Buying another copy of ff7 isn't something I'll likely do, as stores are asking ~$60 for a copy in good condition. I'm wondering if there's a way to burn a copy that'll fool the ps3.
🤠
EmbersOfAutumn
Mean Street
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Bass, Keyboards
Recording Method: Adobe Audition
Submitting as: Embers of Autumn

Post by EmbersOfAutumn »

Sober wrote:Disc 1 of FF7 is scratched up pretty bad, and it's now freezing during the Shinra HQ. I'm trying to find a gamesave out there at the end of disc1/beginning of disc2. This page has dexdrive and ps3 saves, but the ps3 saves are all end-game (why? who cares?), and the dexdrive ones don't work (tried it anyway).

Suggestions?
Here are two things you can try. And I was skeptical about the first one, honestly, but it worked for one of my games.

There's a home remedy that actually (sorta) makes physical sense. Boil your disk in a pot of boiling water. Apparently, the disk can withstand the heat, but the heat smooths out the surface of the disk where the scratchs are. (Got my 'Dragon Quest VIII' working that way).

The other suggestion is to go to a video rental store. Most of them have a 'CD buffer' machine which will buff out the scratches. The one here local doesn't even charge for it.
"Out of all I've learned in Life,
You always keep your friends close to your heart,
cause they'll help you if you're falling down..."
- The Ataris - Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, B, A, Start
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

Boiling the scratches out of a CD. I've never heard of that one.

One that I have used is toothpaste. I once found a copy of NFL Blitz with a bunch of scratches. I was feeling nostalgic so I looked up how to fix scratches on a CD and found using toothpaste. I tried it out. All you do is put a small amount on the CD and polish the scratches with a cotton swab (moving from the center to the rim), rinse and like magic, the scratches vanish. It worked for me and I was able to enjoy a football game with legdrops.
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Sober
Ice Cream Man

Post by Sober »

I have a bottle of commercial stuff that works ridiculously well, and believe me I've tried. The scratch is simply too deep, it's completely corrupted the data on the disc. In fact, it looks like my over-cleaning of the disc has made it not want to load the startup screen :[

The only solution, aside from getting another disc, is find a way to burn a copy that will fool the ps3, or have someone send me a ps3 gamesave that is beyond the point of disc failure. Beginning of disc 2 would be perfect. Any good samaritans out there up to the task?
🤠