Organize yourselfs.
wages
Panama
Instruments: Vocals, Rhythm Guitar
Recording Method: Zoom h4n, Audacity
Submitting as: Wages

It's Hard to Keep Yourself Moving - with a solid melody

Post by wages »

This tune started out with developing the melody before the guitar (a rarity for me), and I believe it won't be plagued by the problems I usually am (!). I'm not doing any wacky rhythms here either, so I think this could come together really well. Of course, there are a lot of ways this could go as far as style. If I could put drums together myself, then the first verse might be driven by just a bass and light drums OR acoustic with a clean guitar coming in for the chorus, then verse 2 would build up with the full band and the second chorus would rock. Well, you know the formula. :) Anyway, it could be made to rock more (thinking something like Blue October "Hate Me" or TV on the Radio in general) or maybe more folky like Blitzen Trapper.

At the very least, I'm hoping to get a basic drum track to record to. I'd be more successful at matching the drums than a metronome, and once the timing is perfect, it'd be cool to get a full drum track put together. Anyway, here is the track, lyrics, and chords. PM me if interested:

EDIT: Oh, and ignore the intro here. I'm still working on that. Would be cool to have a few measures of keys/organ/something to start out with. Also, the bridge I'm playing is totally pointless. I'm kind of hoping to get something cool from a collaborator (READ: room for inspiration!).

http://www.philwages.com/music/sihtkym_demo1.mp3

Sometimes, It's Hard to Keep Yourself Moving (capo 2nd; tuned down 1/2 step; key of C#)

VERSE 1 (C-Em-Am-F)
waiting, there's no time for
of this, I am sure
moving on is so hard to do
pitfalls, lie in the way
feels like, your destiny
oh... you can't go on like this

INTERMEDIATE RIFF

CHORUS (C-Em-Am-Em)
You may find, sometimes
its hard to keep yourself moving
When you're tired, take a stride
A second wind is blowing

Judge your feet, where they meet
Sores in the ground they're bleeding
And your drive, uses time
To make your life happen

VERSE 2
so please, try pushing on
fight back, every yawn
it's cliche but take one step at a time
somewhere, down your path
you'll look back, and you will laugh
oh... at what seemed too hard

INTERMEDIATE RIFF

CHORUS

NEED MOODY INSTRUMENTAL OR SOMETHING TO INSPIRE BRIDGE VOCALS

INTERMEDIATE RIFF
|------------|
|------------|
|------------|
|------------|
|-------0--2-|
|-1--3-------|
Wages - Hoglen & Wages - The Affirmative Mention - Gawking Urethras - The EAF - and more
wages
Panama
Instruments: Vocals, Rhythm Guitar
Recording Method: Zoom h4n, Audacity
Submitting as: Wages

Re: It's Hard to Keep Yourself Moving - with a solid melody

Post by wages »

Hi All! I guess I'll start more feeble attempts at creating drums, but if/when I get too frustrated, my entry will again be g'n'g (but maybe acoustic and electric).

But I hope to hear from someone that might be down with working on this by Monday. :)
Wages - Hoglen & Wages - The Affirmative Mention - Gawking Urethras - The EAF - and more